Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Ehh, I don't think I believe in God anymore

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 746 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:33:46 AM PST
Harmicky says:
Just curious...did you used to go by "Fish hop halibut" or something on here?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:35:00 AM PST
I think the modern Christian church should go by what Jesus said about homosexuals, personally.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 9:35:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 9:37:46 AM PST
This thread title reminds me of Orgasmo.

"Hey dad?"

"...Yes son."

"Ehh, I don't think I'm gonna do hamster style anymore."

"That's nice"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:43:46 AM PST
No, it won't.

Not in the way that you think it will.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:44:12 AM PST
Anthony says:
yes, its wanda.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:45:11 AM PST
Harmicky says:
Well that explains a lot.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:45:46 AM PST
Harmicky says:
That is a very good rule of thumb. If only people saw it so simply.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 10:10:36 AM PST
Nightmare says:
Well, as a Christian I try to be as devout as possible. My faith in God is very strong and I believe I have good reasons for my faith. But even though I have family who are atheists and agnostics, I don't treat them any differently (although I don't seek as close of a relationship as I might otherwise, mainly because "a little leaven leavens the whole lump"). I enjoy their company and we might have the occasional debate, but there's no anger or hatred between any of us. They probably think I'm stupid for believing the way I do, but I'm used to it. Being a Christian shouldn't mean that you treat others badly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:13:10 AM PST
Harmicky says:
Also, being a Christian shouldn't mean you treat certain family members differently than others because they have different theological beliefs. That too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:21:42 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
The Bible says homosexuality if an abomination and sex is for marriage, between a man and a woman.

Not that I agree, but that's what it say.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:23:53 AM PST
The Torah says that.

Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophecies and brought a new covenant.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 10:25:24 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Is "stigmatization" even a word?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:26:00 AM PST
Yes.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Stigmatization

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 10:26:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 10:29:44 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I was watching a Bill Maher documentary called Religous < but spelled incorrectly available on Amazon Prime last night. It challenged the core, it's a good watch I expected something different.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:28:20 AM PST
Religulous. It's hilarious. And a little scary.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:38:27 AM PST
FOGE says:
Just remember: Its not premarital sex if you never marry the girl.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:40:22 AM PST
Nightmare says:
Considering that people treat certain family members (and people in general) differently for far less important reasons like personality, I don't really see your point.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:44:35 AM PST
Banner says:
Lol

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 10:50:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 10:55:01 AM PST
You can argue about what the New Testament specifies in regards to homosexuality...But why stop there?

How about what Jesus says about slavery - keep in mind that it is common knowledge that in the new/old testament writings the term "servant" referred solely to slave....Not buttler, cook, etc.

Luke 12:45-48: "The lord [owner] of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more."

You'd think that Jesus would condemn such a detestable practice yet he doesn't.

How about what the NT says about women?

"It is well for a man not to touch a woman. But because of the temptation to immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband." 1 Corinthians 7:1-2"

"But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of every woman is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.... any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled dishonors her head ...For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair ...For a man ought not to cover his head; since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. (For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.)" 1 Corinthians 11:2-10"

"...the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church." 1 Corinthians 14:34-35"

How about what's said about non-believers in the NT?

Luke 19:27 "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither,
and slay them before me."

Those who profess the New Testament to be morally sound have obviously skipped over a good deal of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:54:29 AM PST
Banner says:
What if I said I didn't want to be as close to my christian relatives because (a little leaven leavens the whole lump)?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:56:26 AM PST
Banner!

The hell have you been?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:59:04 AM PST
Banner says:
I can't believe you changed your name! I'm alright.

What's up dood?

(do you guys still say dood?) ;p

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:59:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 10:59:15 AM PST
Jesus Camp is very frightening.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 11:00:31 AM PST
Nightmare says:
I would agree that a lot of Christians don't really understand what the Bible says. However, to say that the New Testament is not righteous or good implies that you know what righteousness and goodness are and the the Bible does not fall into those categories. Where do you get the standards for righteousness or goodness from?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 11:01:48 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
That's because the Bible was written by men, not some morally perfect, all knowing God.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  746
Initial post:  Nov 24, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions