Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I am so unimpressed by 2013 games so far

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 96 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 19, 2012 2:57:24 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 3:14:40 AM PST
Nicos says:
the script, you just flipped it

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 3:19:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 3:20:12 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 3:44:35 AM PST
Scratchy says:
February- Dead Space 3, Crysis 3 (might cancel my preorder on this tho. i'm not feeling that excitement as I was when I first heard it announced)

Southpark RPG, Splintercell blacklist, Last of us, GTA V in the list of definites whenever they decide to come out.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 4:11:39 AM PST
I thought Bronco would be the OP in this, I was wrong.

I'm excited for Tomb Raider, South Park, and a Dark Souls 2. Not a whole lot else yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 4:15:03 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
i felt the same way about 2012 and i would knock out my backlog but that was incorrect.

so far for 2013:
Feb: Aliens Colonial Marines Collector's Edition; Dead Space 3
Mar: Gears of War: Judgment
Apr: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist
Unk: Deadpool

Gamefly: Dead Island: Riptide, Crysis 3, Castlevania: LoS 2, Metro 2033, MW4, AC3: Future Assassin (joking)

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 4:30:19 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Not ruling out the hype will get the best of me, but my intentions thus far:

Tomb Raider
Gears of War Judgement
Splinter Cell Blacklist
The Last of Us.

I really wouldn't mind if half the games intended for the first half of the year get pushed back into the latter half.

I want Bioshock Infinite, but not full price. Heck, i'm still waiting the right price on Dishonored.

Crisis 3, Aliens Colonial Marines, Tomb Raider, Metro Last Light, Bioshock Infinite are all non-full price PC buys. I wouldn't mind waiting until the Steam Summer sale for most of them.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 4:38:14 AM PST
let me see...

Devil May Cry, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Bioshock Infinity, Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm, Sim City 5, and last and MOST important: Monster hunter Tri U.

Yeah... yeah I'm set... and that's just the first three months of 2013!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:08:30 AM PST
Wow - I cant wait for these:

-DMC
-Crysis 3
-Tomb Raider
-The Last of Us
-Bioshock Infinite
-Aliens : Colonial Marines
-Gears of war Judgement
-Beyond: Two Souls
-Metro: Last Light
-Castlevania : Lords of shadow 2
-Remember Me
...and with luck:
-Doom 4
-Thief 4

Whats not to like?
2013 looks stunning to me, and that doesnt even include all the stuff thats yet to be announced...

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:09:01 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Ugh, is everyone on this forum 13 years old? How are this many people looking forward to the new DmC?

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:14:23 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
How are you so unimpressed, 2013 list is like the "grand finale" of list.

Tomb Raider, GTA V, South Park, Dead Space 3, The Last of Us, God of War Ascension, Gears of War Judgement, the list goes on and on.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:14:26 AM PST
Whats not to like?
Ninja Theory are a great developer.
The action/mechanics look fast and solid.
I say its going to be a great game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:14:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 5:15:03 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I played the demo. I found it to be pretty awful, story/script wise.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:16:37 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I disagree on Ninja Theory. I dunno personally the demo did absolutely nothing for me. I will likely rent it at some point though.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:16:44 AM PST
Geomancer says:
Such a sad world that all of you do not have Ni No Kuni on your list for January.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:17:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 5:18:17 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I played the demo for that too. I've never died so much in a demo. No decent tutorial at all, except for telling you how to defend. Plus the cooldowns for actions are all weird and left me at odds with the enemy I was fighting. I just didn't like it at all, and it was a game I was really interested in.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:17:25 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Hell my big 3 this year are Tomb Raider, GTA V, and The Last of Us. Those are 3 day 1 buys. I only had 2 day one buys in 2012, Diablo 3 and BL2. BL2 I played about 7 hours of and haven't played since. Now D3 on the other hand I put A LOT of hours in.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:17:31 AM PST
"Crisis 3, Aliens Colonial Marines, Tomb Raider, Metro Last Light, Bioshock Infinite are all non-full price PC buys. I wouldn't mind waiting until the Steam Summer sale for most of them."

If you time your prepurchases right, you can get them for the same price that you will likely see during the Summer sale and have them on release. For example, I've already paid for Tomb Raider for $36 and Stick of Truth for around $40, with an additional code for 35% for another game. Speaking of which, I've gotta be using that as it expires in a few days.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:19:26 AM PST
I wanted to love this demo, but the art style just throws me off for some reason. I'm hoping to give it a shot and be proven wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:21:17 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
The Last of Us looks fantastic, and I think it'll be the only game in the first 6 months of next year that I buy day one, if only because it looks heavily scripted and I don't want the story spoiled.

Of course my other day 1 buys are Dark Souls 2 and GTA V, but there aren't any solid release dates for those two games, and Dark Souls doesn't even seem like it'll be 2013 after that article came out that said they are 15 months into development and only 25% complete.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:24:19 AM PST
Geomancer says:
o.O

I didn't die on it, which suprised me as I'm usually terrible at anything that requires dodge/block mechanics. I actually liked it quite a bit, got a strong old school FF ATB vibe from it. It was like those games, but with the ability to move your character. Comes at the cost of your allies being AI controled though, I hate that aspect and is one of the main reasons I'm a major fan of turn-based games; total party control.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:25:17 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yeah, I couldn't beat that giant enemy and I died repeatedly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:25:49 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
No interest in Tomb Raider? It's going to be a beautiful game on PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:28:53 AM PST
I havent tried the demo yet, but now you guys have me worried.

I personally thought Enslaved was great, and Heavenly Sword was pretty decent too.
I didn't mind DMC4 at launch either, so I was kinda hopeful here.
The screens and trailers looked ok - and at least they changed Dante's Emo look.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:30:49 AM PST
JJ - you are becoming such a PC fanboy dood.
Its going to be beautiful on console too (just not as beautiful)
:)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x98297300)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  96
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions