Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Walking Dead hard copy by Telltale Games - delayed one week, RD is now 12-11-12

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 2:17:53 AM PST
was originally dec 4, is now dec 11. oops!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 4:35:10 AM PST
Voice of god says:
OMG VAPORWARE!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 4:46:45 AM PST
Hasn't this been out for over a year? Why not just buy it digitally? PS+ gets it for free, at least part of it

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:29:15 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Because my carpet isn't made of acid and I like physical media.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:32:08 AM PST
jtshiel says:
That was only for a week or two. I know because I missed out on the two "free" episodes with PS +

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:40:08 AM PST
Kendahl says:
I can't figure out what type of game this is. Is it a point and click adventure like Telltale's other games? Or is it a FPS?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:41:19 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
P&C

There is a FPS staring Daryl coming out soon though. I forget who is making it.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:42:40 AM PST
Ham Salad says:
It's more point and click. Definitely not FPS. It has very few instances of shooting in it.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:44:04 AM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
It is definitely an adventure and one of the most engrossing games I have played.

Mechanically the game is not hard at all, although there were a few points where I was overlooking obvious things and got stuck a little.

The choices you are forced to make are the difficult part of this game, especially since responses are time based and you don't always have unlimited time to debate the merits of each choice.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:57:41 AM PST
Acid?

"That was only for a week or two. I know because I missed out on the two "free" episodes with PS + "

Then I stand corrected, I know I saw it there once I haven't looked for it sense, I had 0 interest in it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:00:34 AM PST
As a guy who actively disliked Telltale games before this you should check it out. It is easily in my top 5 games of the year.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:07:22 AM PST
I have nothing against Telltale games, I jut don't have an interest in Walking Dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:10:12 AM PST
I'd still say that the game is worth checking out on the merits of it's a great old school adventure game and it's well written. The fact that it has zombies in it is almost incidental as it's really a game about character interaction and tough decisions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:16:23 AM PST
oh? Hmmm... perhaps I will give it a try one day. When I have more free time and not a giant back log of things to play.

I just don't like Zombies as much as the rest of the world does so I tend to avoid zombie games. Not to say I don't love horror games, I just don't find zombies scary.. or amazing... they are just there. (DIRT 3 DID NOT NEED A ZOMBIE MODE)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:32:05 AM PST
If it's just that you don't find zombies scary I don't think that's an issue with this game as it's not just a zombie mode or trying to be a survival and/or horror game. It's really more like a good zombie movie in that it's not really about zombies but about humanity.

As you said not every game is for everyone but they've definitely found something interesting and unique among games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:33:16 AM PST
KrisCo says:
Activision is making a FPS version.

I'm seriously considering buying this (or asking for christmas), I already know the whole story but I think it would be great to have a physical copy that I can share with others.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:20:27 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Making a joke about the "I don't like physical media" thread.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 8:44:46 AM PST
waxc3 says:
the collectors ed is really nice. it has the 1000 page hardcover book that has a whollllllllllllllllllllllllle bunch of the comics in it.
i was about to get it yesterday but i wouldnt ever replay the game.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 8:56:47 AM PST
Not suprised this got delayed, same thing happened to most of the episodes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:04:46 AM PST
After giving it some time I'm gonna play it again and try all new choices and see where the differences are and if it changes any of my emotional responses towards the game.

I'm sure multiple playthroughs will expose the linear nature of this game but I'm ok with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:07:30 AM PST
They seriously need to fix the episode 4 achievements!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:08:07 AM PST
JWK says:
Day one buy. I can wait a week.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:25:05 AM PST
DEEZUS says:
what's wrong with them? I got every trophy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:26:24 AM PST
waxc3 says:
what happened? i got em all.

the ending bothered me enough that i can never replay the game.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:40:46 AM PST
what happened?

I don't actually care, I just wanted to make a hat trick
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions