Nintendo Direct focusing on Miiverse 11/7

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012 4:56:47 PM PST
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/direct20121107/index.html

3am Pacific time....

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 6:20:33 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
Goodness that airing time, I'm on the east coast so that's 6AM for me. I'll probably just watch it tomorrow.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 5:30:43 AM PST
In a nutshell...

Nintendo Network IDs

IDs can be used to exchange information the same way as friend codes

When you power up the system you see other players' Mike go to the games they have been playing along with their comments about them.

Up to 12 accounts per system. Settings, bookmarks, game saves tied to each account.

Nintendo Network ID requires a password, gender, birthday, general area of residence and email address.

eShop purchases on one account can be used by other accounts on same system.

Nintendo ID can be linked to third party services (Origin, Netflix, etc)

Nintendo Network to be available on other Nintendo systems, PCs, smartphones .

A website will guide you on transferring your VC and Wiiware purchases to Wii U and Nintendo Network

Example video shows player pausing game of NSMBU on Tv and picking it up again on gamepad. Browse movies on gamepad while watching one on tv.

Player earns silver medal on NSMBU level. Uses Miiverse and asks for tips to get a gold medal.

You can read other player comments on Miiverse, follow players and send friend requests.

There's a setting to hide spoiler comments.

Third party developers don't need to to any additional work for Miiverse.

Leave specific comments. ( if you go through that door, a huge zombie comes at you from your right. Have your gun out.)

You can leave drawings (flip the switches in this order)

Video chat can be done over Tv or gamepad

You can scribble and share during video chat. Say I want to give you a code or just draw a mustache on your face.

Karaoke app with 90,000 songs. US?

Presentation ends with lots of NSMBU gameplay

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 5:43:13 AM PST
FOGE says:
"IDs can be used to exchange information the same way as friend codes"

GOHRAMMIT!!! Did Nintendo hear NONE of our complaints?!?!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:04:26 AM PST
??

I would assume so since there was a " send friend request" buttonclearly visible in the presentation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:06:12 AM PST
FOGE says:
I didnt watch it. From what you posted, it sounded like itd be the same as the Wii. Well thank God! I can finally use the online system on a Nintendo console for once.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:11:37 AM PST
Lucanus says:
"A website will guide you on transferring your VC and Wiiware purchases to Wii U and Nintendo Network"

I hope the transfer is on the easy side. I also hope I can leave my VC games on the Wii and also have them on U. I am sure Nintendo will screw this up for me in some shape, way or form.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:12:40 AM PST
I think this is all sounded WAY too good to be true. There are going to be so many problems.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:19:26 AM PST
"eShop purchases on one account can be used by other accounts on same system."

Cool

"A website will guide you on transferring your VC and Wiiware purchases to Wii U and Nintendo Network"

Cool

"Player earns silver medal on NSMBU level. Uses Miiverse and asks for tips to get a gold medal."

Trophies?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:24:45 AM PST
Cyberphobia says:
Sounds to me like just a scoring system in NSMBU. Only got a silver rank on the level, so how can I do better to get a gold rank? Doesn't seem like confirmation for trophies yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:25:32 AM PST
Curses! If the WiiU had trophies I might be able to settle on a Nintendo system as my main for the first time in 20 years.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:28:04 AM PST
FOGE says:
They said no cheevos but other companies can make cheevos. Theres just no overarching system. Which is really what they should do. Though, I dont think cheevos dictate whether someone should buy a system or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:30:48 AM PST
Well, all other things being equal, which it sounds like it is, trophies are the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back. I'll go PS3/WiiU for the time being I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:31:00 AM PST
Cyberphobia says:
No matter a gamer's stance on trophies/cheevos, that's the trend that has developed. If Nintendo is trying to go after the hardcore gamer market, you'd think they would include these. If 3rd party developers will be including them for PS4 and nextbox, they can just as easily add them to the WiiU with no extra effort.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:34:41 AM PST
Didn't they actually say not cheevos at launch? Kinda leaves the door open for a future update. I can't imagine N shooting themselves in the foot, what with the obvious pull trophies/cheevos have with the current marketplace. I actually have a small amount of hope for N this go around. Current gen hardware with more RAM sounds pretty swank to me. Now, the real test begins. Will 3rd party devs actually put any support for the console since N made it easy to develop for?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:14:25 AM PST
There has been evidence for a while now that there is some kind of achievement support in Miiverse. There is currently no word if those are tied to some kind of network score.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions