Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

skyrim goty

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2012 10:26:54 PM PST
It is going to be awesome when they release Skyrim Goty eventually :3

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 11:07:14 PM PST
Joshua C says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:03:32 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
A bad troll is a bad troll.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:04:46 AM PST
Carlito says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:07:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 6:08:06 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'd love to know what you call an in depth game. Scratch that, I'm sure it's some cookie cutter JRPG.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:23:55 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
You're right, it is a beloved title for millions of people and won GOTY from 99% of every review company.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:59:02 AM PST
Skyrim was bad?

That game was amazing. I put 60 hours into it and didn't even scratch the surface of the main storyline. You say that isn't depth?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:00:13 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
All that bonus stuff is "fluff" that gamers "fall for" but it's not real depth.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:00:24 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
The game has depth when it comes to longevity. I personally didn't find the main storyline that in depth though. I still liked the game though since I played it for over 100 hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:01:36 AM PST
Lol. I keep forgetting that! Shame on me.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:33:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 7:33:58 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Skyrim is amazing. There seems to be endless things to do and explore. This is one of the deepest games of all time. It seems like there is a new quest or something new to discover around every corner. I have not really done much of the main story line but the Thieves Guild story line alone was worth the price of the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:33:36 AM PST
I've noticed that Bethesda doesn't make the best main storylines. Even Fallout 3, which was pretty good, was a little flat IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:42:53 AM PST
Carlito says:
That's not true.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:44:37 AM PST
Carlito says:
Fox, don't get your panties in a bunch, I just hate everything people love just like you!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:45:56 AM PST
The main storylines CAN be good(look at Morrowind for example), but where they really shine is their sidequests. The Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion stands out in my mind, but there are several that can really shine depending on what you are looking for.

Sidenote: I've got to troubleshoot my mods this week because I keep getting CTD's.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:47:58 AM PST
Yes, the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion is one of my favorite storylines in all of gaming.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:48:21 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
To me that seems to be Western RPGs in general. They offer tons of things to do and the chance to explore worlds more but it comes at a cost which is an in depth story. Japanese RPGs usually do the story portions better but limit the other aspects.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:51:32 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Same here. I was completely caught off guard by the hook in that quest line, and the bonus objectives in that quest line make those quests even more enjoyable. Two of my favorite quests are the one where you drop the trophy on the old man and Summermist Manor. Summermist Manor is my absolute favorite quest in all of Elder Scrolls. A close second is the planning, prep work and execution for stealing the Elder Scroll in the Thieves Guild.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:52:02 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
What?! FFXIII was great and had varied environments:

This hallway has machinery.
This hallway has rocks.
This hallway has ice.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:05:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 8:09:06 AM PST
Coffee says:
It does seem that these Elder Scrolls games have been dumbed down a bit, as far as story and depth go. In Oblivion and Morrowind, there were just so many different things to do for the side quests, but in Skyrim, it's always "go delving into this dungeon, and watch out for Dagurs!"

I miss the creativity of the DB of Oblivion, and the randomness of some of those sidequests. While I love the gameplay of Skyrim, and think it's a vast improvement over the older systems, I definitely miss the quirks and atmosphere of the older games.

I would give my first born child for a remake of Morrowind with the Skyrim (combat) engine...

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 8:07:47 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Logic just isn't here today on the VGF. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:08:43 AM PST
Today?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:09:42 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
You're right, I sense the sarcasm.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:11:59 AM PST
I usually am. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 9:19:52 AM PST
Have you played The Witcher games?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions