Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wake-up CLub finally coming to PlayStation Vita on January 15th!!!!11!!!!1!!!!!!1

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 113 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 10, 2013 1:20:56 PM PST
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/10/start-your-morning-with-wake-up-club-for-ps-vita-next-week/

Back in April, we unveiled a host of new applications coming to PS Vita, including Wake-up Club, a new interactive way to start your day with other PS Vita owners. Next Tuesday, the application will be available to download for free on the PS Vita PlayStation Store in North America!

Let's face it: getting up in the morning isn't something we usually look forward to, but Wake-up Club adds some social fun into the mix to make getting out of bed more bearable. In addition to adding alarm clock functionality to PS Vita for the first time, including the ability to personalize your alarm tone and background theme, Wake-up Club matches 12 randomly selected players who set their alarm clock at the same time into a-you guessed it-wake-up club!

As soon as your alarm goes off, your avatar will begin bouncing around the PS Vita touchscreen. Tapping your avatar lets other players know you're now awake. Once in the virtual club room, you can see other players' avatars, as well as who's awake and who's still sleeping. Tapping the sleeping players' avatars will "cheer" them on. If you happen to keep snoozing though, you'll notice that the rest of the Wake-up Club players will begin appearing on your screen. Swipe them away and tap your avatar to join the rest of the group. Additionally, you can send friend requests and find out more information about each player by tapping their avatar. Make sure to check out your club records to see how many times you've managed to wake up within five minutes, how many consecutive successes you've managed, and the average time it takes you to wake up.

To get set up with Wake-up Club, access your PS Vita system's Settings menu, choose Date & Time, then Date & Time Settings. Ensure that Set Automatically is ticked. Then you're good to go! Be sure to check out Wake-up Club when it launches on the PS Vita PlayStation Store next Tuesday, January 15th. Happy snoozing!

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:23:06 PM PST
Soulshine says:
But I hate waking up!

(do I get trophies?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:24:44 PM PST
Actually, yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:26:15 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Ok fine I'll effing wake up.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:26:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2013 8:03:41 PM PST
Voice of god says:
Wow. They've finally come up with a worse idea than the Jump to Conclusions mat.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:26:59 PM PST
saskamazon says:
the social connection of the alarm clock function seems a bit strange to me ... these random strangers ... lol hm. don't think it's an app I want.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:27:25 PM PST
John McClane says:
System seller confirmed.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:29:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2013 1:29:33 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Why "finally", Jason?
Was this a highly anticipated game that was delayed at some point?
Or are you just SonyScoffing™ again?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:29:52 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
That's just Jason being Jason.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:30:33 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
I love Sony but this sounds completely terrible. I don't want my iPod to wake me up with music, why the hell would I want random strangers on my Vita doing it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:31:14 PM PST
Because it was announced like nine months ago, Doofy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:31:20 PM PST
What if it's a bunch of hot guys? (I hope this is the right person for this statement)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:31:33 PM PST
Teh trophiez.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:33:33 PM PST
Voice of god says:
Trophies list:

1. Woke up and hit a button. (Platinum)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:36:02 PM PST
Soulshine says:
I was going to say - this app could lead to some saucy wake-up video chats all around!

"You wake up at 5:15? Me too. I think that's hawt."

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:37:11 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
Only if said hot guys can come out of the phone and wake me up in person.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:41:13 PM PST
Please refer to Soulshine's post, wake and cyber?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:41:19 PM PST
I. Flores says:
You seem to have missed the "highly anticipated" part.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:43:04 PM PST
Dude, you may not be aware of all the anticipation because you are a new Vita owner but those of us who have been with the system from the beginning have had to wait nine months for this. Forgive me if some of us are really excited to finally be getting it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:44:38 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Sure you are.
Exactly in the same way you can't wait to play as the Starhawk guy on PS AllStars, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:45:38 PM PST
Soulshine says:
He has a name.

His name is Emmit Paulsen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:45:50 PM PST
You will refer to him as Emmett Graves! You really need to treat the greatest video game character ever with a little more respect.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:46:23 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
No way, I was the physical version.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:46:26 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Exactly.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:46:42 PM PST
Ice King says:
What about that app that lets you creat some kind of ecosystem? I remember reading something about that a while ago but haven't heard anything since.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  113
Initial post:  Jan 10, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions