Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:16:28 AM PST
M. says:
Wat

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 2:06:44 PM PST
Mel says:
ps3ooomed?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 1:52:25 PM PST
Rev says:
@It takes Juan to know Juan - yeah you got what i was talking about there, except im no WoW fan. That game couldnt turn me on even my pale skin illuminated by my monitor with the lights off.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 1:39:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 1:39:27 PM PST
I'm guessing he meant "because i prefer PC for shooters and MMORPG's (World of Warcraft), and consoles for JRPG's (Final Fantasy XIII)"

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:57:42 PM PST
Kendahl says:
" because i prefer PC for shooters and all RPG's, and consoles for RPG's (except MMO's)"

Huh?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:15:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 12:16:18 PM PST
Rev says:
@M. McFly - It wont be a big leap in technology because they arent going to try to invent anything new like they attempted with the Cell Processor for the PS3. Cost them million just to make that alone. they lost initially 20million in sales which over time has been made up. OVer all yes it was the BluRay player (which is still the best on the market) that made the PS3 price so high. at the time the players alone were half the cost of the final cost of the system ($300), and the only way to get one for about 6 months. i think you are right on the price point, though they have -hinted- it could be the same pricing as the PS3 60Gb on launch.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:08:27 PM PST
Rev says:
Sony and M$ are both going the same route with the DRM on registering your games and not allowing used titles unless you buy a pass (if the title is applicable for online activation) which we are all already doing with most top titles and especially those of us familiar with PC gaming have been doing this over a decade. There will be no backwards compatibility for the PS4 since its moving to (currently Rumored) AMD systems setup without using a Linux platform for better game development compatibility, pretty much to make it easier for dev's to code and port between both next gen consoles once they are ready. M$ is going to do the same thing but most of their details have been shut behind doors.

For those who didnt know, with the exception of the main Operating System Platform running the PS3 and Xbox360, they are running the same chip. Developed, both, by IBM. 360 has the triple core version, while PS3 has the 6-core. The Chips perform exactly the same, its the coding for the hardware that devs had difficulty with along with the different OS's.

Used Games for most titles are expected to work in single-player only, wont because you will have to be connected online at all play times for either system. - both Sony and M$ have confirmed Online Connection Required as part of the DRM they are going to use. Both M$ and Sony have been leaning on avoiding the used game market as they and developers that make games for their consoles, do not make any money off of them. - Break it down - a $50-60 brand new title nets roughly $3 to the merchant, so $47-57 is split down by percentage paid between the console Developer, Publisher, marketing and Game developer. now a used title is going to NET -$0- for the console Developer, Publisher, marketing and Game developer. As for the Merchant, lets take the biggest one of all... GameStop. A brand new title traded in that cost originally $60 sells used for $55 (Halo 4 or PS All-Stars BR), will be traded in for $25-35. Gamestop NETs an average 40% profit on resale. None of which goes to anyone else but the company and paying its employees, minimum wage to $14 (ASM to SM salary equivalent) an hour avg for those you see at their counters.

Question we should all be really asking is who will have the more stable hardware on the front line upon release? (you know what im talking about, minimal failure rate out of the box) Not as a fan boy of any console, because i prefer PC for shooters and all RPG's, and consoles for RPG's (except MMO's), fighters, racing and platformers. I say out of all the consoles the PS3 was the best built system so far besides the durability of the N64 which i swear was Nokia phone hybrid technology.

i dont care about exclusives. in the end, personally, i may end up owning both systems. Price isn't what anyone should be concerned about. Honestly consoles have always had high price values, including the Wii. The Original NES (i am of the NES generation, though i have played and owned an Atari which was my uncles) was sold for $200-300 depending on the bundles you got. Its just due time that console prices have met up with the market, but sadly at a bad economical time. What can anyone say? just save up a few bucks here and there any payday you can. I am not rich and i bought both the 360 and PS3 60Gb on both release days paid in full. took me several months but i did it.

Jeebus... i think i did some ranting in there... oh well. no matter ill get flamed just like everyone else.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 11:47:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 11:49:05 AM PST
M. McFly says:
The no used games rumor started on the nextbox a while ago. If anyone is going to lock down a system its msft. Personally I dont care as I'll just never buy a new at full price. Also I dont buy the price point, Sony has recently said that the ps4 wasn't going to be as big of leap technologically, plus it was the cost of blu ray initally that caused the ps3 to so expensive, those costs are way down now. $399 is my call

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:40:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 11:50:06 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
speaking of ZombiU, I was surprised it only got 72 metacritic points, it looks like an awsome game from the looks of the youtube videos of it. looks more fun than Left 4 Dead anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:29:29 AM PST
JWK says:
They only finished behind the Wii, DS, and PSP. Placing #4 out of 5 means the 360 is "one of the leaders." lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:28:56 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
They get a cut of new game sales. Any benefit to the developer/publisher is not their primary focus.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 11:25:51 AM PST
Fullme7al says:
I think both microsoft and sony won't allow used games. I think that's somethign they are both doing for the developers sake. If they both do so I might not get one, the Wii U is really impressive to me so far. Zombi U is a pretty good game too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:22:08 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I was disappointed that blackhelicoptersareciriclingmyhouse.com (with or without the spelling error) is not real.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:19:36 AM PST
OP says:
As a spectator, this interpretation is pretty much priceless: a bit under 70 million = in last place, a bit over 70 million = one of the leaders.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:18:05 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 20, 2012 11:26:33 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:15:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 11:15:33 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
not all PS3 games, but some can do 1080p.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:13:57 AM PST
John McClane says:
Not 1080P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:13:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 11:16:26 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
you don't see the regualr Xbox having 150 million sales do you? plus PS2 systems were still selling, even after the PS3 launched too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:11:17 AM PST
JWK says:
They *are* rumors by definition. That's why the German magazine says at the end of the article that Sony hasn't verified the accuracy of anything the article says. That's a rumor.

Please, just tell me you're trolling. I mean, I've always known you're dumb, but damn...

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 11:07:50 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
if both consoles go digital, they'll be in the same boat as PC with Steam.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:07:43 AM PST
M. says:
You can't be serious? You don't see how the PlayStation went from being number one with 150 million units sold last gen to being in last place with not even 70 million in sales this gen? Microsoft is the opposite. They went from no fan base to being one of the leaders.

Not sure how anyone with common sense could leave these facts out.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 10:51:22 AM PST
How does this whole "no used games" thing work? Man, that's a bummer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:50:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 11:02:21 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
>>Not only that but the ps4 looks like it's going to be the sane price as the ps3....the main reason it failed.<<

PS3 is only 1 million units or so behind in sales from X360, where has it failed? I don't fuggin see it!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:47:29 AM PST
M. says:
U mad bro? These "rumors" are straight from official PlayStation magazine. Take it up with them.

Xbox magazine just released an article about the next xbox also. Nowhere did it mention the ability to not play used games or 360 games. Just saying...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:36:23 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 20, 2012 10:59:51 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  88
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions