Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Xbox 360 4GB SkyLanders Bundle, $149 Black Friday at Walmart. Also full Black Friday ad

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 97 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 11:30:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 11:32:39 AM PST
I bought this last night.. It's the Skylanders Spyro's adventure starter pack, not the giants:

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack - Xbox 360

Funny, everyone was thinking the same thing I was and they're selling the Skylanders stuff that came with the 360, ha. Good deal though cause the system was like $160 after tax and if you sell the Skylanders stuff for even just $40 after shipping you got a brand new sleek white console for like $120...definitely not bad..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 11:21:35 AM PST
I got there shortly after 8pm. No line, no waiting. Picked the games I wanted, picked up everything else, even a 360 skylanders bundle as there was a huge stack. Got out shortly after 9pm. Pretty civilized, not much hassle. Why stand around and wait outside in a huge long line?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:30:08 AM PST
Bob Emmerich says:
So does anybody know for sure if it's the original Skylanders or Giants? My kids want Skylanders Giants - still playing the first on our PS3 - and I want to buy them a Xbox360, a bundle would be nice. If it's the first game I would go with the Kinect $199 bundle and just get Giants on the PS3.

Mr. Moore - that's some interesting info, considering all of the RRD problems 360 have had in the past, and a contributing factor as to why we don't yet own one. Something else I'll have to look into.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:30:36 PM PST
Gary B Moore says:
The Skylander bundle has the older Trinity motherboard. It is not one of the current Microsoft Holiday bundles and is an older product. Since August 2011 Microsoft has used the Corona motherboard with 20W less power consumption.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:34:06 AM PST
J. Hurley says:
Make sure you check your own local ads for the Black Friday prices. I checked out the Black Friday websites when the Walmart ad came out and planned to get the Xbox 360 Skylanders bundle for my son.........until I checked my LOCAL Black Friday ad and saw that my store will be selling it for $210. Definitely not getting it now. Load of poop if you ask me :-(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:40:37 PM PST
So does Flores, oh wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:28:39 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I know, I want $100 4 gb Xbox.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:36:35 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
Supposedly there is a guy on here that works in AAfes said just bring in ads and they will price match. problem with walmart though is they dont show all the names of the games not sure how to work that but Best buy does show the games

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:36:32 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
My sentiments exactly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:30:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:31:26 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
right now, Hell yes. The skylander pack is about $70.

And i think the white model is used for the holiday bundle this year.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:27:54 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Those are completely valid reasons that I've carefully weighed and managed to resist. So far.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:22:19 AM PST
That makes sense, I'm not sure yet if I'm going to dive in. I'm resting comfortably in the middle right now, I could get it for xmas, but I just don't know if there are enough reasons, other than it's new, and shiny.

Both of which are valid reasons.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:20:10 AM PST
I NEED a new 360, is the Skylanders going to be the best deal? Is it going to be a white model like in the picture? I'll probably just sell the Skylanders stuff and just keep the system, does anyone know if this is the best BF deal on a new 360?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:18:16 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I better get both.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:17:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:17:39 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Nah, after the utter disappointments that were the 3DS launch and the... well, entire lifespan of the Wii, I'm not falling for Nintendo's shenanigans a third time. If it gets some great exclusive games I'll pick one up down the line, but I'm not gonna spend all that money and effort to get something that I'll enjoy for a few days then let sit unused for months while I go back to the PS3 and 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:08:42 AM PST
Haha, good call, independent oxygen is probably also a smart bet.

Are you getting a Wii U?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:08:31 AM PST
I would stop by Home Depot and get one of these instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:08:17 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
The will match them Emu. The only thing is, as soon as they appear in the lightning deals, they are sold out. No more than 2 seconds.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:05:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:06:24 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I better stop by Home Depot and get one of these first. Unless amazon matches those ridiculous prices.

Edit: I love the frequently bought together suggestions. The one on that page is definitely a good reminder.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:02:01 AM PST
I went to Walmart last year out of curiosity and to try and get Dance Central 2. It was one of the worst shopping experiences of my life, and all I did was walk* to where the games are and walk* out, without the game obviously, because there is no order, sanity, or honeybooboo repellent at Walmart on BF.

*float slowly amongst a sea of angry, frustrated, pushy purple people eaters

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:55:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 10:55:49 AM PST
I'd show up at 8:00PM if you wanted to grab some of those game deals

"Phase 1: Beginning at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, the best in-store deals are on toys, games, home goods and clothing. These include Xbox 360 4GB with SkyLanders bundle for $149; Nintendo's Wii console for $89; a Crock Pot 6-quart slow cooker and Mr. Coffee programmable 12-cup coffee maker for $9.44 each; DVD and Blu-ray movies for $1.96 to $9.96 each; video games for $10 to $25 each; Barbie, Bratz and Disney Princess dolls for $5 each."

According to CNN Wal-Mart will have the best game deals between 8 and 10 PM.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:04:35 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
Yeah, they will. They'll have lightning deals that sell out in 2 seconds.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:04:35 AM PST
That Xbox Bundle is tempting. I could use a new Xbox. Hmmmmm

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:00:02 AM PST
Hopefully Amazizzle comes thru for all its homeboys.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:21:26 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
its like eat dinner and then go wait in line where poeple have been waiting all day. i missed the days where i would go at 5am and push people around rushing for a coach purse for my wife at 40% discount.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
XB1 dominating Black Friday and it's not even Black Friday yet. And XB1 sitting at #1 on Amazon all day. 66 1 minute ago
Hey white devils dont forget your ancestors made you rich by KILLING Native Americans & STEALING 60 1 minute ago
Another Casualty For Xbox One, Microsoft Announces Resignation of Xbox Japan General Manager 2 3 minutes ago
OT: Janay Rice says she has never seen domestic abuse. 18 4 minutes ago
Where is super mario 3d land? 3 6 minutes ago
God Of War Saga On PS3 Outselling Halo MCC 3 6 minutes ago
Anyone disappointed with Black Friday sales? 21 7 minutes ago
OT: The Star Wars: Episode VII Teaser is here! 80 11 minutes ago
Black Friday hauls ... What did you get??? 106 18 minutes ago
PS4 Black Friday Bundles #1 On Amazon, Gamestop, And Bestbuy 1 29 minutes ago
OT: Officer Darren Wilson's story is unbelievable. Literally. 248 37 minutes ago
Amazon Black Friday (electronics department) 252 56 minutes ago

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  97
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions