Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Semi-OT: Christmas is right around the corner, any vacation plans?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 44 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 5:23:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 5:25:41 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Think I am saving my vacation* time for next year, but I plan on sleeping and playing a lot of video games.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:25:45 AM PST
Documentary of my Christmas vacation:

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:27:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 5:28:13 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I'm staying home, but I am using the last bit of PTO I have to ensure I've got the last week off. My sister is gonna be in town and I hardly ever get to see her. There are plans for her and her husband and Missus GUEST!! and I to hit up a bar or pub somewhere and share a few drinks.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:30:10 AM PST
I get to cash in any left over vacation time from the year. So, I dont take any days off because of it. I have about 5 days left so once the new years come around I am going to put that money towards a house. The days that I have off hopefully I will be able to find time to play AC3, haloz, and BO2.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:31:13 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
We don't get to cash in ours. We just get what ever is left over eligible for use the first month of the new year. I might as well use it around the holidays.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:31:38 AM PST
Yes. My company closes for the Christmas and New Years holidays; my last day is this Thursday, the 20th and I won't return to the office until January 7th.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:35:44 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, similar situaition except we get to roll over 5 to the next year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:22:37 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 10:12:12 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:25:57 AM PST
Week of Xmas off. Going to spend it in front of the Xbox with my kids. Santa is delivering many games this year.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:29:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 6:30:20 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I only have the 26th off. So i get that weekend into the 26th to chill. People want their new teeth by New Years if not by Xmas, its crazy time usually for us.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:30:32 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Mayo is a Dentist...lmao

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:31:53 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
It depends on whether the GOVT gives us Christmas eve off.

I'm definately planning on taking the day after Christmas off, but I'll probably take the 24th as well if they don't give it to us, which I'm hoping they will.

Not really going anywhere though, just my parents house.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:35:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 6:36:13 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
No, i'm a dental laboratory technician.

'I pick things up, i put them down.'

We 'make stuff'.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:38:49 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Going to be in frigid Great White North with the family.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:46:09 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Oh okay cool, that sounds interesting.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:47:35 AM PST
Like retainers from molds? My wife wears a retainer so we have to keep her plaster mold handy just in case she ever needs a new one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:48:04 AM PST
pyroguy says:
up until last April, haven't rode on Amtrak in years

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:51:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 6:54:23 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Yep. Retainers, expanders, night guards, TMJ appliances, full & partial dentures, implant overdentures, sports guards,bleaching trays etc...We specialize in 'removable' prosthodontics. We design it, model it, and manufacture this stuff from raw materials....working with the dentists.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:53:14 AM PST
The military base that I am working at, it doesnt look like we get Christmas Eve off. However, I really don't think anyone is going to show up. For the past couple of days I have just been sitting here.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:54:36 AM PST
Been saving my ETO days. I will be off of work starting Saturday December 22nd, and not returning to work until January 2nd.

Gunna.

Be.

AWESOME.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:00:50 AM PST
Man, I can not believe how expensive those pieces of plastic are!

My wife accidentally lost her retainer once and it cost $220 for a new one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:06:22 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
It's not expensive, it's proprietary equipment so they drive the price up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:10:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 7:31:57 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
That $220 is paying for a lot more than the appliance, let me tell you. Dentists make good money . You are a paying for their 15 minutes , their assistant, front desk, the lights in the building, etc... The greatest cost in any of these appliances is never the materials, its the hand made labor/hours. They make all the money, being a middleman because of the plaque on their wall and their student loan balance..lol

I would never want to be a dentist however. My wife is a Hygienist, and we've both worked in the field now ~12 years. They are generally stressbags and have a very odd personality makeup.

Whats nice about what we do is we work alone with no one breathing down our necks, its a serene artistic work and we can throttle the workload .Just have to abide by due dates and stay on schedule with our production. Unfortunately, holidays is out busiest time of year so we have to allow ourselves just enough time off to not get burned out but not be so unavailable to drive away business. Dentists want to make their money , patients are generally off work and have family gatherings, and they are not very loyal if you make that hard for them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:11:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 8:11:30 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, I bet you do throttle her workload.
(oh come on folks, drink your egg nog and relax)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:15:34 AM PST
Ya, I actually had a friend in high school whose dad owned a prosthodontics business. He drove a brand new BMW, so there's definitely money to be made.

As for my dentist: he's a very nice guy...kinda quirky, but still very nice. His office staff is very nice as well. My wife has been going to him for like 20 years and after we got married I started going to him as well.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions