Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

We won't be seeing Mighty Switch Force HD on Wii U eShop

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2012 12:07:37 PM PST
That's because the name has been changed to Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition. Sorry to give you a heart attack, CGG!

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/k285w84WqIRjUU1H67ww7V2xYQjLhNux

Game Overview

Space Hooligans have escaped custody and are wreaking havoc all over Planet Land!

HQ calls on cybernetic peace-keeper Patricia Wagon to bring these renegades to justice. With the help of Corporal Gendarmor and her trusty Pellet Gun, there's nothing she can't handle. When the going gets tough, Wagon activates her Helmet Siren, altering the world around her. Enter the mechanical shape-shifting, dimension switching world of Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition and blow crime away.

Features

- The third game in WayForward's "Mighty Series", now in glorious 1080p - Run and gun action meets brain teasing navigation - Playable on the Wii U GamePad, or on your TV in Dual Screen mode - NEW! Hyper versions of all 21 stages -- not for the faint of heart!

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:13:22 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
They pulled a Capcom.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:14:14 PM PST
Gah!!!!!! Nearly gave me a heart attack there, Uncle Jason.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:16:13 PM PST
I am Error says:
I can't picture how the gameplay works with this. Sounds intriguing though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:16:20 PM PST
Do not make such jokes...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:17:20 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGqUKnwUCA8

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:17:35 PM PST
Aku says:
1080p huh? That'll look pretty and sort of make up for the lack of 3D.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:18:51 PM PST
I am Error says:
blocked at work, thanks anyway...any comparisons to other games to give me an idea?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:20:21 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Mega Man meets a puzzle game and toss in some scantly clad female leads.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:22:09 PM PST
It's like Megaman but with some stronger puzzle elements and a stronger focus on platforming over blasting enemies.

This also has one of my all time favorite video game soundtracks. Ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:22:18 PM PST
Run and gun like NES era Mega Man. Environment puzzles often have a timing element like Braid but the puzzles are much easier to figure out. Say you have a concrete wall ahead and above you. There are exploding enemies nearby so you time a platform to appear as they walk towards a launcher and get hurled at the block, destroying it so you can move on.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:09:09 PM PST
I am Error says:
Well thanks fellas. Those descriptions sound pretty good. Is the soundtrack orchestrated or retro or what Keji?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:12:09 PM PST
All of the games in the Mighty series are quite awesome, IMHO. If you have a 3DS, you should check them out. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:14:44 PM PST
I am Error says:
Not yet, but the boys are getting them for Christmas. I play to borrow one and take it to work with me often.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:16:11 PM PST
It's a very retro feel to it but doesn't have that older NES sound to it. Reminds me of something you'd experience in an arcade or something like that, all the songs are really catchy and just stick with you even after you're done playing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:17:23 PM PST
Nice plan! There's quite a lot of good stuff on the eShop now, and those games tend to work well for playing in short spurts on the go.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:23:21 PM PST
I am Error says:
I hear you there, music can be a big draw for me and definately increase replay. I keep playing Scott Pilgrim just so I can hear those songs.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:26:27 PM PST
The voice for your character in Mighty Switch Force is perfect. I love hearing her say, "Gotcha!" Whoever it was at Way Forward who cast that actress hit it right out of the park.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Not a single Xbox One console currently on Amazon's top 100 best selling Video Game items. 44 2 seconds ago
rise of tomb raider $25/$20 w/gcu dotd @ bb 6 3 seconds ago
What are you looking forward to in the next 10 months? 2 57 seconds ago
Steam sale: Whadya bouyin'? 118 1 minute ago
Bioshock Collection Incoming 62 3 minutes ago
Overwatch discussion thread 1656 3 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 4540 11 minutes ago
PSVR up at Gamestop! 2 12 minutes ago
Marvel: Spider-Man PS4 will be an ongoing series only between Sony and Insomniac 4 16 minutes ago
Anyone else think that the Steam Sale Sucks? 35 22 minutes ago
Why are Lesbians disproportionately affected by Obesity? 15 22 minutes ago
AMD RX 480 : The new King for 1080p PC gaming? Gaming benchmarks from Digital Foundry 33 27 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions