Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: School Shooting in Connecticut

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 500 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:08:27 PM PST
Yeah he sounds pretty depressed as well.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:08:49 PM PST
SMH says:
I just heard that the person he killed away from the scene is unidentified at this point.

Also - his brother was taken into custody at the scene, but it is unclear as to what his involvement was, if he had any.

Also - aside from the two guns taken from his body, two more were found in a car outside.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:09:15 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I think his account was hacked, pretty sure it was the killers feed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:10:02 PM PST
Anthony says:
from what i've heard, they found his dad's body at his dad's house in hoboken, NJ, and his mother's body at her house near the school. no clue why he went to the school.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:11:14 PM PST
Oh, the report I just read said he went to the school and killed his mother and her classroom at the school.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:12:07 PM PST
Obviously this kid was emotional as f***, he killed his 2 parents, with the kids in the room.

This is all starting to make more sense now, the story, not the killing. He needed help, there was A TON of evidence and no one helped him out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:13:40 PM PST
Carlito says:
I have a pretty good clue, it's because he's a psychopath. Nothing more needs to be said IMO.

At some point, media needs to stop making celebrities out of these psychopaths. There isn't any understanding, there isn't any reasoning, and there isn't anything gained except to push more psychopaths into copycat acts.

Time to remember and memorialize the victims and the poor children and let the shooter fade into obscurity instead of gaining infamy through celebrity.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:13:44 PM PST
Lucanus says:
I wonder if the kid was abused by his parents or the a staff member at the school? Seem odd his brother knew something was up, or it appears that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:14:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 12:14:42 PM PST
Could be. I tried to look up some of the other followers on his FB page, but they took it down.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:17:13 PM PST
flags now at half-staff

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:17:24 PM PST
When I searched his name earlier there were 3 Ryan Lanza's on facebook in different parts of the US. Could be another one's twitter, but I guess we'll find out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:17:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 12:18:26 PM PST
I am starting to think that there was something wrong with the family. It would be crazy if his parents ended up abusing him physically and emotionally. If that's the case, then this will turn into a interesting story.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:19:41 PM PST
Considering everything we know so far, it's pretty interesting already.

Kills both parents, kills his mother's class, had a kid at the school and a brother, took out the principal first. I want to know wtf is going on. Something seriously messed up happened this morning and we really don't have much info yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:23:13 PM PST
Carlito says:
It's still not that interesting. Unfortunately, a lot of people are abused but they don't run down an elementary class. Stop trying to victimize a psychopath.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:30:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 12:33:59 PM PST
It isn't just about "victimizing" the psychopath.
As a nation, we need to figure out what is causing these things and how to prevent them.

It isn't about guns, it's about the change in mentality that leads so many people to perpetrate these acts. What causes someone to get to the point where a mass killing like this even crosses his mind, much less gets him to act on it?

I believe it's related to suicide in general. As a nation we're seeing that younger generations are less resilient than before. People are less able to deal with hardship and less able to "bounce back" from problems, so they snap more often and then we see things like this and the other mass shootings we've seen in recent years, along with increased suicide rates and people killing themselves over online bullying and such.

We've been looking into this topic a lot in the Army in an attempt to understand the cultural shift and prevent our own people from killing themselves and others (at least the people who don't have it coming).

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:33:16 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:33:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 12:35:59 PM PST
WeScYdE says:
This would probably explain why no one would have stopped since some probably knew he was their kid if had been there before. Also if he had a kid in the school at 24 wow young dad if thats true

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:36:21 PM PST
Carlito says:
Step 1: Stop placing the killer into infamy via celebrity so no other psychopath thinks their stupid message will be relayed when they commit whatever psychotic act they have planned.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:37:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 12:37:26 PM PST
Anthony says:
now i'm hearing that it might have been Adam Lanza, the other guy's brother.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:38:02 PM PST
I heard the news media blame video games on at least two separate occasions already. Brace yourselves...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:38:20 PM PST
RoadKing says:
Make them illegal and he still would have got his hands on guns. Marijuana is mostly illegal. If you tried would you have trouble getting it? So take the guns out of innocent civilians hands and they only people that will have them are the criminals that do criminal things to possess them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:38:31 PM PST
I understand your need to fit this tragedy into clearly marked boxes of wrong and right, but as always, it, and life, are more complicated than that by an exponential measure.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:39:40 PM PST
Thanks, my response wasn't shaping up to be quite as nice as this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:42:59 PM PST
The 22 year old already had a kid at the school? So the kid must have been 5 yo+....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:43:13 PM PST
Oh hush, damn.
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  97
Total posts:  500
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions