Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 9:42:29 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
Radiant Historia

Just a heads up.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:56:27 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Still too expensive for this soulless, JRPG-by-the-numbers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:06:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 10:07:02 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
I agreed with you on Tales of the Abyss being amazing, can you expand on this opinion?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:12:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 10:19:37 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
There's just nothing special about it, the story is bland the characters are bland the world is bland etc.

It's serviceable I guess, nothing it does is particularly bad, but why waste your time/money on a game like this when you have options like Tales of the Abyss, Xenoblade, The Last Story etc that are so much better.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:38:52 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
I see, I'll look up for more info about the gameplay, since the story doesn't seem that intriguing.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 10:54:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 12:08:23 PM PST
Yeah. It's hurts me to say this because I had high hopes for this game, but it fails on almost every level. It's like StriderNeo says "an RPG by the numbers". What annoys me is that they have a time travel mechanic that manages to be boring and tedious, but they could have just copied the ancient Chrono Trigger and did a better job. It's sad. The combat looks innovative at first glance, but it suffers due to the fact that almost every move requires mana to execute. It turns into a real grind. RPGs need to ditch non-regenerating mana entirely, it's a nonsensical and outdated mechanic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:59:37 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
By the way, thanks for contributing to this post, I've done further research about the game now.
It seems the rabid fanboys got mad at your OPINION, pretty common eh?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 12:00:30 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah, I'm used to it =p

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 1:29:08 PM PST
Violently disagree about this. Fantastic game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:18:42 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
I stumbled across Mark's (from CGR, I've followed his channel for ages now) review for the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kMUoNCS_Xo

He's always very enthusiastic when it comes to old-school JRPGs, but it seems that he really didn't completely enjoy the game, and we've agreed countless times. He also reminds: Buyer beware, at least 10h to "get into" the game.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 2:24:10 PM PST
Agree with Strider. I tried to start this game numerous times and each time I woke up an hour later.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:28:26 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:30:01 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It's so dumb that we all get showered in down votes just for expressing honest opinions. Seriously if there is one persons opinion to take with weight in this board in regards to JRPS it's yours.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:34:09 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
I hope I can be the second JRPGer in command, I'll make sure to intervene more frequently hehe.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:39:44 PM PST
aidenraine says:
same here. I thought the dual-timelines was fascinating. the battle system, the music, and general gameplay were also good.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 2:48:31 PM PST
Ham Salad says:
I will disagree also. I didn't think this game was mind-blowingly innovative or even goty. But it was fun, the story and time travel mechanics were interesting (definitely not on the same level as chrono trigger though, but what is?), and was really a pretty solid game overall.

I can understand not thinking this is a great game, but I feel likes its solid enough to where I don't understand all the hate.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:53:31 PM PST
Horowitz says:
Totally. Valkyria Chronicles and Resonance of Fate are terrible. I bow to Strider's superior JRPG/SRPG views! :)

Now I need to go play games that are superior like The Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:01:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 5:02:21 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Infinite Undiscovery is terrible too.

You should definitely play The Last Remnant though.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:04:35 PM PST
WHY ARE SO MANY GAMES TERRIBLE?

I don't want to play terrible games, I want to play good games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:08:47 PM PST
Valkyria Chronicles was awesome. RoF did suck though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:15:57 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Not many games are terrible. Just a few mentioned in this thread; though I wouldn't really call Radiant Historia or Valkyria Chronicles terrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 6:47:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 6:49:23 PM PST
Horowitz says:
I did. That shiny cover sticks out in my collection highlighting its crushing disappointment. The Last Remnant was a turd.

It was Star Ocean 4 you liked, wasn't it?

RoF was fantastic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 6:49:26 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I liked the first 30 hours of Star Ocean 4; the battle system became a drag after that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 6:50:29 PM PST
aidenraine says:
story/characters became a drag way before that, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 6:50:51 PM PST
Horowitz says:
The first cutscene was enough to put it on suicide watch. After playing for about 15 hours, I took it to a high hilltop and gave it freedom.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions