Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Uncharted 3...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 52 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 7:37:01 AM PST
Iso says:
For I finally decided to sit down and finish it, good game.

But so much bothered me about the game. The controls were iffy, the design choice to have guys who require two or more clips from a rifle was terrible, and some parts honestly felt like they were more focused on set pieces than the game itself.

I can honestly say I do not see the big deal. It was a good game, and the airplane part was absolutely fantastic. But for every stand out part there was a part like the boat level.

I can say I am still suprised this game got rave reviews, but I guess I am not their target customer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:41:17 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Uncharted has ALWAYS had a problem with enemies that are bullet sponges. You could empty several whole clips and they'd just stumble, then keep going. That's really only part of that series that really annoyed the ever-living crap out of me. Uncharted 3, in particular, had strange controls. I liked it a lot though, and found it was well-deserving of all the praise it got. But to me, Uncharted 2 was the height of the franchise.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:42:31 AM PST
It was a struggle for me to even finish UC3 and I loved the first two. Every aspect of the combat was just subpar in my opinion. The enemy had decent AI I suppose.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:43:16 AM PST
Iso says:
It brings you out of the game when you unload bullet after bullet into a normal looking dude.

I just think I am not one who is satisified by the eye candy (set pieces, odd camera angles, etc.), so this could be why I still do not get it.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:43:41 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I thought UC3 was a little disappointing myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:44:03 AM PST
Iso says:
Which honestly made it worse. I found time that I would rather go and punch them since it felt like I could do more damage that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:44:48 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
"I found time that I would rather go and punch them since it felt like I could do more damage that way."

This. I've never used melee attacks in a shooter as much as I did for UC3.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:45:01 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2012 7:45:16 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:45:45 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:42 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:45:55 AM PST
I.Flores says:
>>jumps on the year-late hate train<<

I know. U3 blows.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:46:21 AM PST
IPhantom says:
I never even finsihed UC3, and 2 was one of my favorite games this gen, probably played it through 3 times. Not sure if 3 was worse or I'm just burnt out on the series.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:46:51 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Sorry Amazon
What I meant to say is that Uncharted 3 is a crap fest.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:46:55 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:42 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:47:00 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
The sinking ship part was the highlight of the whole game for me. I was supremely impressed the entire time. Just thinking about it makes me want to play the game again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:47:22 AM PST
Iso says:
The sinking ship was pretty good at the end, another standout when the glass breaks. The first part of it sucked.

The ship graveyard, or whatever it was, I absolutely hated about every minute of it.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:47:48 AM PST
FOGE says:
Bullet Sponges annoy me too but at least most of these guys had visible armor on. That makes it more believable albeit annoying. I just love the dialogue and the story in these games. It was great seeing Drake as a child and how he and Sully met. I love U3 but U2 was definitely the height of the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:48:02 AM PST
Iso says:
Oh great. =(

That is coming close to next on my list.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:48:43 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
That mission was tons of fun in comparison with the sandstorm shootout with the 1 million snipers with perfect vision.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:49:02 AM PST
elect Tron says:
I loved the horse chase. Probably my favorite part of the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:50:12 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Oh, I thought you were talking about the **Spoiler** fire-warping guys, not normal dudes. I thought that at least that part of it was handled better than the previous Nazi-zombies or blue-guardian enemies. But overall I agree, it was good - not great.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:50:15 AM PST
Iso says:
Ha! Oddly enough I breezed through that one. Kind of annoying though.

I think another issue I may have had is I put the game on Hard. I think that easy would be better to just experience the game, I would have enjoyed it a lot more then I suppose.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:51:20 AM PST
Kr155 says:
I actually liked that part of it cause it got me aiming for the head more. Especially with the guys who had body armor. It's one of the things I like about Halo too.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:03:21 AM PST
Well, I have the platinum trophies for Uncharted, Uncharted 2 and Uncharted Golden Abyss, but have yet to have played Uncharted 3 again. So I probably agree with you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:14:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 8:16:46 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Ship graveyard was easily the worst part of the game for me. Overall, my main issue was just how disjointed the game felt. I loved the individual parts, but they just didn't fit together well, IMO.

I love the cinematic nature of it, though. I thought Uncharted 2 was a better, more memorable, cohesive package, but Uncharted 3 was still an incredible ride.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:16:01 AM PST
Prankster says:
I agree with the majority that Uncharted 2 was the peak but I don't have that much of a problem with the gameplay as everyone else. Uncharted 3 had some great set pieces and they really delivered, personally. I did have a problem with the character modeling which I have mentioned many times. The environments were a step up but the former was a step down. I also liked the variety in those environments in Uncharted 2 more than 3. But for me, the castles in Syria were the highlight under that awesome sky in this game.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions