Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Halo 4 Impressions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 179 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2012 7:21:13 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Surprised there isn't already a thread on this! Or maybe I missed it.

Anyway, I played the game for a couple of hours last night. It's...amazing! The level of polish on this game is phenomenal. It's certainly the best-looking Xbox 360 game out there. In fact it's up there with Uncharted 2 & 3, graphically speaking. At first I was amazed by the lifelike prerendered cutscene at the start, then the actual in-game engine kicked in and I was smiling from ear to ear.

Storywise, this game has more depth than the entire first trilogy had combined. And while I was wary about a musical score by a new composer, I've got to say the music is still very much Halo. It's atmospheric and engaging.

Gameplay-wise, it's the same Halo we all know and love. I fail to see why some publications are criticizing that...I'm enjoying the heck out of it. I haven't tried any multiplayer yet, obviously, but I'm seriously considering forking over the cost of a Gold membership just for this game.

The game simply rocks, and 343 has seriously improved upon what Bungie built.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:22:11 AM PST
I think there was at least one where the OP really was enjoying it. I forget who posted it but I'm sure someone will let you know who the ninja is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:22:18 AM PST
FOGE says:
GOod to hear. Cant wait to play it tonight!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:23:47 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:46 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:25:37 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Aw that doesn't count! The post was from before launch! :P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:27:28 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:28:31 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:28:50 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I finished the first two levels, then pried myself away from it. Sadly, the game seems rather short, which I guess could be a shortcoming. We'll see how the rest pans out!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:29:40 AM PST
I'm curious how you'll compare mid-late game AC3 to Halo as it's pretty normal for an AC game to take a while to ramp up. However I wish they wouldn't do that so much, after 4 other games I think it shows a lack of confidence in their design that they have to hold your hand for at least a couple hours to actually let you play all the awesome they showed in the trailers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:31:23 AM PST
FOGE says:
about 8 hours I hear. Which is fine. The game is really about the MP.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 7:34:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 7:37:23 AM PST
I will probably play the campaign here in a few weeks or so but I am having too much fun with the online portion right now.

I'm already SR-22.

The maps are very well crafted and weapon drops add a nice change of pace to battles. Slayer pro is there for you old farts who don't wish to use all of the fancy schmancy armor abilities or radar. Dominion (new gametype which replaced invasion) has your team trying to capture and fortify 3 separate bases. You get bonuses the longer you hold them such as turrets, weapon drops, and spawnable vehicles. It's really a nice change of pace.

Regicide is an awesome twist on FFA as well....The king (top player) is visible to all enemies and you get a bonus for killing them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:34:54 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:41:13 AM PST
So the next AC game that will be out next year will kick butt?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:42:58 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:51:43 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
How is Spartan Ops? I heard it's also single player?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:55:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 7:56:31 AM PST
Haven't tried it out yet, just been doing war games for the time being.

I will probably try it by the end of the week to get a few of the challenges done. Right now I'm just way too impressed with the online vs modes.

I enjoyed Reach somewhat but always felt as if the online was a little lacking...I haven't had this same urge to play Halo MP since #3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:56:44 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
So War Games is where its at , huh?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 7:57:43 AM PST
Kasmatsu says:
AC3's beginning is kind of sloppy, but it is trying to set up a plot twist. The twist doesn't fully work because you'd have to have lived under a rock for the last year to not be able to guess most of what will happen. Plus if you read the database entries, one of those spoils the rest of the twist. It all serves to give Connor the best bad guys in the series to stab. You'll want to stab them not because the game tells you to stab them... But because you will actually want to stab them.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:00:12 AM PST
Anyone play the MP yet, I really want to know how it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:01:46 AM PST
FOGE says:
Trust me. Way more story than Revelations so far and Im only just starting Sequence 7.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:02:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 8:04:47 AM PST
Yep. But when it comes to FPS games I'm almost always online VS > campaign so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

For example - I never touched the Halo 2 campaign all 3 years I played on console until I picked it up for PC - And only really because the MP sucked on PC. I only played #3's campaign to help a few friends out with achievements, and I finished 3 missions off of Reach before I focused solely on MP. I've never completed a COD campaign even though I owned MW, Black Ops, and MW2.

Unless it's primary focus is SP (Bioshock, Crysis 2, Deus Ex) I almost never delve into the campaign.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:03:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 8:05:34 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
****SPOILERS****

I found Haytham being Connor's father obvious and predictable but him being a Templar genuinely caught me off guard.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:04:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 8:05:06 AM PST
Halo 4 has become my favorite Halo, beating out Combat Evolved, which I thought would never happen. The amount of polish, the stunning graphics, the story, the visceral feeling of the gameplay, etc. Finally a Halo game that matches and beats the brilliance of playing the original on Xbox.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:21:18 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
"the visceral feeling of the gameplay"

It really is. Chief feels better than ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:52:28 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Wow, totally agree with this.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  179
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions