Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Would the world be a better place if we were able to spay and neuter people?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 107 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 19, 2012 7:48:52 PM PDT
MJM says:
Well...would it?

Michael

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:50:06 PM PDT
JJ4prez says:
Technically we can...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:50:23 PM PDT
yes, specifically with rapists and molesters, using a butter knife.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:53:43 PM PDT
MJM says:
True...but we don't use the power as we should. Someone popping out gits to collect a welfare check...bam taken care of, someone molest a child...bam in jail and say goodbye to your no-no parts.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:56:05 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 19, 2012 7:56:42 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:00:54 PM PDT
"This is MJM reminding you: help control the human population. Have your humans spayed or neutered. Goodbye, everybody!"

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:02:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 8:03:42 PM PDT
MJM says:
Bob's the man. I bet some of the Price is Right girls wished he was neutered.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 8:06:55 PM PDT
Or we can put more energy into educating people so they make better decisions. In a country with an unnecessarily large military, schools are the ones getting cuts. Funny how that's working out. Ready for a big battle against some 2nd world country with 1/10000th of the military power. Meanwhile, little Jimmy can't get updated books at school and no food when he gets home.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:14:06 PM PDT
MJM says:
Stop trying to make sense...you're hurting my head.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 8:16:23 PM PDT
My mistake. Lemme try again.

"Any n00b with more than 3 kidz needz teh ballz removed! His sea mens will haz no gamez."

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:16:51 PM PDT
Harmicky says:
Actually, the military is taking huge cuts.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:18:12 PM PDT
MJM says:
Ahhh better...I can now relax and enjoy my time at Walmart.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:20:40 PM PDT
Which is ridiculous in itself. The political office of this country is cutting the military in half but still expects it to police almost 70% of the world.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 8:21:12 PM PDT
It's possible that they got huge cuts because they had a huge budget to begin with. I'm not anti-military and I appreciate the work our armed forces workers do, but we can't continue to police the world when our country is in shart-shape.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 8:22:03 PM PDT
YES!!! there are definitely some people that should absolutely not ever be allowed to multiply!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:22:59 PM PDT
Harmicky says:
Yes, and the sky is blue.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:26:48 PM PDT
That's a little bit of what the problem is though, while the situation of our country isn't the greatest at this time the political officials still want to play the Marshall of the world. The problem with that thinking though is you can't be the Marshall of the world without a large military to back you up but it doesn't help when you don't even have the money to really finance such a huge military force. Thus increasing our countries debt even more.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 8:27:06 PM PDT
Wait we need is birth control darts. We could shoot people who consistently make bad decisions.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:28:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 8:29:24 PM PDT
K Archer says:
Problem is, this isn't necessarily an education problem; its a moral/religious problem. How many (even very well educated) people all over the country preach and believe that birth control is sinful, or that its their god-given duty to make as many babies as possible? More education, sadly, won't help these people, since its more a religious (possibly "freedoms") problem and the people to buy into it aren't going to change with more/better education. To many all around the world (as we can sadly see), their religion is the top priority, and they'll fight to keep it that way.

Also, its a TON cheaper to spay/neuter then to take care of the offspring...someone who is unfit for parenthood (like the criminals mentioned above) probably should have these rights revoked, both as part of their punishment and for public safety. People that are just too stupid to stop...a precedent would have to be set, but if they're mooching off the system they (sadly) could be considered government property and forced to get surgery to keep getting (possibly reduced) aid.

Its also not going to be long before the world hits its population limit (if it already hasn't been hit) and drastic methods of birth control are going to be used (like, "poisoning" the water with BC, 'fixing' everyone that isn't at or above a certain social or educational level depending on who's in power or what the government is like then, forcing people to abandon/kill children after the first, etc.) It sounds bad...and it is. But that's the future, unless people grow up and take responsibility (which isn't going to happen; its a "god-given" right after all to procreate here and people will fight for it, and in third-world countries people are like rabbits and that's NOT going to change soon without serious consequences)

Do people like to talk about this subject? Not at all. Is it something that needs to be addressed? You bet. Just like what the heck are we going to do once the oil runs out (which may be within a decade...)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:35:50 PM PDT
Harmicky says:
1) Religion is one of my top priorities. Luckily, I live in the U.S.A. where that is supported.
2) Do you seriously want to live in a society that force neuters people? Is that the kind of power you're comfortable giving your government?
3) Your world population conspiracy theories make you sound a bit off your rocker.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 8:37:14 PM PDT
I'm optimistic about the future of the world...because I'm sure something will come along to correct the population balance. It won't be pretty, but nature corrects itself. Also, I'm sure there's something ''in the works'' from a man-made standpoint to curb pop. growth. Whether it's recalled meat, lab-viruses or whatever. We already eat meat paste in fast food, while having radiation-fueled devices all around us. We'll work it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:37:47 PM PDT
MJM says:
I like it...tell me more.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:39:06 PM PDT
You mean like the Reapers in Mass Effect.

Coming to wipe the slate clean and start all over again.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 8:41:43 PM PDT
Exactly! Luckily, I have plans for a Crucible. Once complete, a color of light will come out and fix everything. I'll even let you pick a color!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:45:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 8:45:43 PM PDT
Cow says:
Actually, what he's saying sounds more like the anime/(probably also manga), "Blue Gender."
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Death's Gambit: Castlevania + Dark Souls + Shadow of the Colossus 7 3 minutes ago
Fallout 4 PS4 Mods Delayed After Serious Issues Reported 11 9 minutes ago
AMD RX 480 : The new King for 1080p PC gaming? Gaming benchmarks from Digital Foundry 53 10 minutes ago
PS4 is the only system that allows you to play "ALL'' of these 20 Promising Games still to come in 2016 36 11 minutes ago
Dorito pays 600 bucks for Oculus. What a dope! 7 14 minutes ago
Saints Row Is a AAA Game? 8 23 minutes ago
Bioshock Collection Incoming 139 31 minutes ago
IGN: 11 underrated Wii games 37 36 minutes ago
Xbox One S Is Not 40% Smaller. Microsoft Caught In A Lie And More False Advertising. 44 48 minutes ago
Microsoft cheats customers: XBox Fitness was paid for, now being cancelled 6 48 minutes ago
Microsoft cheats customers: DVR function promised for XBox One, now is cancelled 4 49 minutes ago
Windows 10 Anniversary Update For Xbox One Rolls Out August 2 58 50 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  107
Initial post:  Sep 19, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions