Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wii U bundles on Newegg now. Hurry

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-73 of 73 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:04:07 PM PST
Not this year or next, with the possible exclusion of a BF sale next year. Even then, I truly doubt it will get that far down in price for a new console. Could be wrong, but if N can keep the demand high they will have no reason to do a near 50% price reduction anywhere in the forseeable future.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:07:00 PM PST
John McClane says:
I named core PS3 titles and you name kinect games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:08:35 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Those are 360 exclusive games. I mention them because those were most of the exclusives you got all year long. Not my fault.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:35:03 PM PST
In all fairness, he can just say Halo 4 and be done. I love Sony, but that game looks mega-sweet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:09:15 AM PST
because it will cost you more in the long run.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:10:37 AM PST
You can just return that game and get another one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:14:01 AM PST
It's an HD Wii with HDMI. That's enough. I'm sick of ugly 480p games stretched to fit my 1200p monitor. I can hardly read the text, it's so fuzzy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:15:45 AM PST
no it won't. It took the Wii what 4 years to reach that price?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:20:32 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Not really. I bought one a little more than a year after release for $149 new at Best Buy. Then, they went back up to $249, then dropped to $199. The only consistent thing about the Wii pricing was that it was always in flux.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:29:33 AM PST
A year after release, they were still rare, and they were still 249.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:45:03 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:02:34 PM PST
Wrong dude, it took almost 3 years just to drop to 200 from 250. Go look on Wikipedia. If you found one at 150, that was some kind of a magic accident, not a price that anyone could get in any store. It was 4.5 years before it dropped to 150.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:04:10 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:18:37 PM PST
It's pretty close to accurate for verifiable facts. What do you want as a source then? Go look it up there. CNET has an article about the 150 price cut being in 2011, just like everywhere else. Go find me a national article that says the Wii new price will permanently be $150 in 2007.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:25:32 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
I clearly didnt say anything about it being permanent. I said it was on sale. You should learn to read everything instead of just skimming over stuff. You do the homework. Why would I bother trying to find 5 year old sales ads?
I do feel sad for you though. So butthurt over something so inconsequential.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:27:58 PM PST
One particular store having a weird sale is not the same thing as a price drop. Most people end up paying MSRP.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:30:18 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
So you are saying that a price doesnt drop during a sale? Hmmm....somebody failed remedial math.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:38:58 PM PST
A price drop means a change in MSRP, that all stores will respect immediately. A sale can be limited to as little as one store, and is very time limited and stock limited. If someone says, how much does a Wii cost, you don't quote them the black friday price from 2 years ago that was only valid for the first 5 people. You quote them the normal price.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:42:42 PM PST
Peter Faden says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:48:15 PM PST
1) Because you are lying.

2) the real reason is because I was unable to go to BestBuy this morning to get my Wii U. I should be playing it right now, not on Amazon forum. I planned my whole weekend around this. So, I have to go back out to the suburbs again tonight, get up early tomorrow, get my Wii U, come home, go to work, and only after work do I get to play it, instead of all day Sunday. That's why I'm mad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:53:47 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Well, although I'm not lying and laid it out very clearly, I can see why you would be upset to have missed out on it back then considering how bent you seem to be over not getting the U today. Because, as you well know, there will never, ever, ever be another opportunity for you to get a U again, and of course, a lack of patience factors in as well. GOTTA HAVE THAT NEW SHINY THING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
free advice: dont go slitting any wrists over it.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 4:56:51 PM PST
Mike Snyder says:
I got lucky that one of my local Best Buy's had a few in stock last Monday. I had ordered a package deal from NewEgg, which they "voided" last Monday morning. They didn't even email me about it until several days after I had already noticed that there was no tracking or anything.

I ended up getting the 8GB basic model, which turned out to be just fine. I prefer white over black, didn't really want/need Nintendoland for an extra $50, and got a 750GB Seagate USB HD from NewEgg for $60 making the 8GB vs 32GB limit kinda arbitrary.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 5:23:51 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 17, 2013 7:53:44 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  73
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions