Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: This is "THE" OT Thread, born and bred in the USA, but hip, worldly; and generally benevolent; where men are men, boys will be boys, and girls actually exist

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4451-4475 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 19, 2013 7:55:29 PM PST
I don't think I'd ever buy a used console, too many random factors that could mess with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 7:58:24 PM PST
Anthony says:
I've bought a used console exactly once. never again.

it was my first 360. damn thing broke exactly 1 day after the warranty i bought ran out. pissed me off to no end.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 8:01:03 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I have bought used before and never had a problem: Dreamcast, N64, my first PS3. But yeah, I should not have though.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:28:11 PM PST
Futzbucket says:
Ugh. I think my PS3 is about to crap out on me. Once again, I think I've fried the laser. Why can't they make a console that can survive my gaming addiction?

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:29:35 PM PST
Prankster says:
How exactly does that happen? I always make sure I don't keep my PS3 on for more than 5-6 hours at a time, even if it's only downloading something. The max I have ever gone is 10 hours. I'm paranoid about it overheating.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:42:13 PM PST
Futzbucket says:
It's probably me. I smoke in my apartment, so it makes sense to me that my stuff breaks more often than others.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:43:23 PM PST
Prankster says:
Hmmm, could be. I don't know if smoke has that effect though.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:59:32 PM PST
Futzbucket says:
What happens is the tar from the cigarette smoke will mix with dust and will form a sort of "gunk" that will coat the system, trapping heat, and frying out.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:05:57 PM PST
Prankster says:
Ahhh okay. Well, stop smoking. Give it up for health and gaming benefits :D

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:06:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 10:07:20 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
That's what it does to your console.

And, you're not quitting----why?

Lol ninja'd by Prank

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:12:32 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
I remember, shortly after smoking on airplanes was banned by the govt, an airplane mechanic I knew that worked for Southwest Air told me that the plane mechanics all missed the days when people could smoke. Seems that the tar and gunk from the smoke found it's way into the cracks and stress fractures in the airplane's cabin, and stained them so dark that the crack lines were easy to spot.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:27:15 PM PST
Futzbucket says:
The reason why I don't quit is because I'm simply a dumbass.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:28:22 PM PST
Nobody likes a quitter, just saying...

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:29:08 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
What really irks me is that I went nuts on getting some PS3 games. I have some cool games, just sitting there to play. So I am a tad bitter right now. Wife already gave me permission to get a new one. But I was hoping to save money as the new systems are coming soon. Oh well. With so many games this may be one of the few times I wait a year or so before taking the plunge. I am an MS guy but they have really disappointed me as of late, so I am going to take a wait and see attitude.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:29:49 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
What have you been playing on your PS3 as of late?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:31:28 PM PST
Futzbucket says:
Is the PS4 really is going to be launched for $400, I might just have to be a part of that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:31:42 PM PST
Your probably better off waiting for the new systems to build up a library of games first, it's not like this generation has been even close to played out yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:31:42 PM PST
Futzbucket says:
Heavy Rain, mostly.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:34:51 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I played that for a bit on my last PS3. Really liked it. The controls annoyed me at times, but overall it was really good. Even my wife liked to watch me play.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:40:16 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
As for the PS4: I loved the first Playstation. I only used my N64 for multiplayer. I got a PS2 nearly a year after launch. I just never got into it. That first year saw a real dearth of games that I liked. I cannot remember if DMC came out in 01 or early 02. But that and Onimusha were the two games I played. Then I played a demo of Halo and it blew my mind. I delivered pizzas and there was a Game Crazy right next door.

A week after release they got an Xbox in and I had to have one. I played Halo to death and became attached to my Xbox. I played that pretty much exclusively. It had so many great games. I am one of the few that loved the fat controller, as it fit my hand perfectly. So I took a day off work back in 05 and stood in line for a 360 and only got into the PS3 a couple years later mostly due to Uncharted.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:44:15 PM PST
Anjel says:
I'm worried about playing that game. I've heard there are QTE's with dire consequences if you don't get them right. And, there's NO way I'd ever get them right.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:48:39 PM PST
Futzbucket says:
There are different levels of difficulty. I played on the hardest, and I loved it. There's really only a few times where you can get a character killed, but that's the beauty of that game.

You play it and get a unique story every time.

I've been playing the crap out of it lately, because I suspected there was a certain way to play it that would open certain other things...and so far I'm finding that it's true, but I'm still playing with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:50:16 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
When I pick it up again I am going to play it on Easy (I don't remember if I did last time) and just enjoy the story.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:52:53 PM PST
AndrewA says:
You aren't the only one. I loved the Duke controller. Although I'm pretty darn happy with the 360 controller too.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:58:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 10:59:39 PM PST
Anjel says:
But I can't abide killing good characters. I mean, if it's a life or death consequence in an RPG-type manner, then it should not come down to me pushing buttons at the right moment. Let me think, then make a decision. Kill my own character because I'm not proficient at buttons, sure... That's gaming (and me sucking, because believe you me, I die A LOT!)... but I don't like the idea of losing a major character because of pushing buttons in sequence.

I'll play this game though. I've heard too many good things about it. I'll just have to replay those parts over and over (and over and over) again... because I suck. But hey, I'm used to it. :)
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  90
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions