Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Bioware Finally Reveals Female Turians...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 68 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:21:02 PM PST
It was a cool story beat in ME2, but I understand the change in ME3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:02:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:06:34 PM PST
DVvM says:
Okay, so Retcon. That should probably be fixed in the ultimate, final, special edition of the trilogy.

I think it's better that there are more Ardat-Yakshi than just Samara's kids, though. It resolves the logical chain of "Okay so the Banshees are reaperified Asari, and they're the most dangerous things the Reapers bring to bear... so why didn't they attack Thessia right off the bat?" by choosing to indicate that there's some connection between the Arda-Yakshi "gene" and banshees.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:00:42 PM PST
Sorry, just looked it up again.

"How many children do you have?"
"Three. And there are three Ardat-Yakshi in existence today. It is as it sounds."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:56:32 PM PST
Nah, anthro just sounds sexier, and not all furies are exactly furry.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:38:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 5:38:51 PM PST
DVvM says:
Does she say "to my knowledge there are" or "to my knowledge there have only been 3 born in the last [period of time]". Since the latter is not necessarily a retcon. There could have been hundreds of Ardat-Yakshi born in the last thousand years, but only 3 in the last couple hundred.

Regardless, it's not like it's necessarily a bad retcon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:19:53 PM PST
She did say "to my knowledge." However, the implication was that the only current three are all her daughters. I mean, a Justicar committed to hunting down these people would probably keep tabs on as many as she could. I really think this is a case of a "retcon" rather than an "unreliable narrator."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:10:40 PM PST
DVvM says:
Well, it's possible that Samara was just wrong.

Either that or there were a bunch who had been in the monastery for a long, long time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:52:02 PM PST
"anthro girls"

Is this the term furries use when they don't want to say that they like furries?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:51:17 PM PST
At the time of ME2, there were a total of three in existence. I find it incredibly difficult to believe that there are suddenly a lot more in the six months or so between ME2 and ME3. To me, this seems like a retcon in order to make more Banshees.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:49:34 PM PST
Awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:49:19 PM PST
Well today Casey Hudson was on Twitter asking fans what they want to see in the next Mass Effect game so perhaps we should tell them we want better writing and more thought put into ideas like this lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:45:25 PM PST
K Archer says:
Well, we know there are more then 3 in ME3...so yeah, its possible. But doing that makes for bad writing here, IMO...they aren't planning right or just aren't looking over what they've said before (or are actively ignoring it).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:42:31 PM PST
Maybe there was a retcon? Samarra specifically says there are only three Ardat-Yakshi in existence in ME2. I know this because I just looked up the video earlier today.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:48:54 AM PST
It's certainly varied.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:45:39 AM PST
LogJam says:
And I thought my search history would look really weird

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:40:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:46:33 AM PST
Just because I prefer anthro girls doesn't mean I can't like Ariel, Jessica Rabbit, the princess from Fire and Ice, every female character in Heavy Metal, Pinky the Android, Liru the Werewolf, Bulma, Samus Aran before Other M, Jessica Alkirk, Meena and Maya from Dragon Quest IV.......

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:37:57 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
But they aren't even furry!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:36:41 AM PST
It definitely turned something right-side up for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:35:25 AM PST
Yar. This just turned my childhood upside down.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:34:26 AM PST
Sith Ariel.........Oh gawd.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:29:34 AM PST
Looks cool.

Maybe not as cool as this from the same website though: http://www.themarysue.com/disney-princesses-as-sith-warriors/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:24:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:30:43 AM PST
.............Well.....I'm off to rule 34 now....

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:18:13 AM PST
LogJam says:
Too much....nerd...happening....Must not.....pass out.....from...overwhelming urge....to give......wedgies

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:05:16 AM PST
DVvM says:
Yeah, I imagine that there was much more public backlash against Asari prone to creating Ardat-Yakshi back when they couldn't get off planet. Though, Asari got off-planet early compared to their galactic peers, and with thousand year lifespans the "we need to propagate the species out of necessity" thing is less urgent.

So imagine it was once a big deal, the problem was largely solved, and no nobody really thinks about it.

Though, I think there were more than 3 Ardat-Yakshi over the past couple centuries. Samara had three daughters who turned out Ardat-Yakshi, but there were quite a few more at the Monastery in ME3 (just dead, or "now Banshees".)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:30:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:31:57 AM PST
Iso says:
What is this website?

A girls guide... wait... Guest is a girl?!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Whatever happened to Vin Diesel making games and his game company? 1 6 minutes ago
OT: What Are You Listening To-2016 Version! 348 7 minutes ago
Which games have a promotion for Valentine's day? 11 37 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 2323 47 minutes ago
OT: Best external CD burner? 0 53 minutes ago
Long weekend gaming 02/12 - 02/15: Phil Spencer, "Show your loved one how much you care by buying her Halo 5 and slathering your body in Doritos and Dew." 67 54 minutes ago
Now that Mario Maker has been out for a while now how do you feel about the game? 4 1 hour ago
Street Fighter 5 delay email 6 1 hour ago
OT: The Last Witch Hunter sucks 0 1 hour ago
OT: Ghostbusters II - the end of the world is this weekend. 23 1 hour ago
OT: Anyone care to share some good atheist music? 7 1 hour ago
OT: A great man, Antonin Scalia, has passed away 63 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  68
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions