Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Too late to invest in a PS3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 1:48:20 PM PST
I think it is, but maybe you think otherwise. I mean, if you dont have any console, its never too late, but when you have an xbox (360), its better to wait for the 8th generation. What do you think?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:52:26 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
I don't think its too late. I just gotten X360 last year and I already had a PS3. I think its actually better because most of the games I wanted is already $20 or less so its a lot cheaper to build my collection.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:53:33 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
All the collections and bundles coming out for PS3, now seems like the perfect time

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:54:12 PM PST
It's never too late to invest on a peeessthree

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:56:14 PM PST
JWK says:
Like Gyoza said, it's not too late. I bought a 360 just this year and I'm able to play catch-up on exclusive games from 2005 to the present. With BF right around the corner and the ability to buy the system, Uncharted bundle, and InFamous Collection for $200... I just don't see a downside. If all you buy are great PS3 exclusives, that's at least 35 games right there. Definitely worth it.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:58:25 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
If you have the time to play the games, get it. It may be cheaper in a year or two, but there are plenty of exclusives to be had now at a low price, and some really awesome ones at that. PSN also has some great games, and there is PS+ which is cool, and I might get it for my Vita. I could sell my copies of GR and Uncharted....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 2:01:32 PM PST
It's not too late to get one and is actually a fantastic time to get one. The system isn't as expensive as it once was and the PS3 has a very big list of fantastic exclusive games that could be had for cheap.

The new systems haven't been announced yet so we have no idea what the compatibility is yet between this generation and the next so there isn't a guarantee you can play them on the next system.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:03:26 PM PST
I hope Sony''s next motion gaming is Kinect X Move. Star wars lovers would jump all over this.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:03:42 PM PST
Like everybody has said, it isnt too late. Plus, the fact that the next gen will come out sometime in the next year or two means nothing. Hell, I still play my Gamecube from time to time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 2:04:27 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I am a closet Star Wars Kinect fan....Well, no longer I guess. My kids and I have a blast playing it.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:20:33 PM PST
Definitely not too late. I've had mine for 2.5 years, but really did not use it much until the last 2 years, and really played a lot this year. LOTS of GOOD PS3 exclusives out there!

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:27:28 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
Has a bigger, higher scoring library.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:16:58 PM PST
Since when is $200 an investment?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:24:39 PM PST
Technosapien says:
Now is the perfect time to get one. Tons of great exclusives, PS Plus that will instantly add like 10 games to your collection, more exclusive content for multi-plats than the other systems. Can't go wrong with a PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:29:30 PM PST
AndrewA says:
It depends on your view towards the next generation. If you plan on buying a ps4 at launch and it has backwards compatibility, I'd say wait for the ps4.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:45:35 PM PST
Nicos says:
It will be worth it just so you will be able to play The Last of Us and Two Souls.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions