Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: America Needs a Divorce - written by a young college student.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 516 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:04:40 AM PST
FOGE says:
I dont care about the attention. Im just saying, given this place's track record, its likely.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:05:07 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I think you might get a lot of one-sidedness on this one because it sounds more like a chain-letter e-mail released by some political action committee than an actual editorial written by a young concerned American.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:05:18 AM PST
I'm definitely in the gray area. I'm just getting so sick of the stereotyping and extremist rhetoric.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:05:37 AM PST
FOGE says:
Im rolling in a GMC :) My customers are farmers so they'd gut me if I didnt buy American. And I like American trucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:05:39 AM PST
The majority of my Japanese Subaru was actually manufactured in the US. Some of the parts came from Japan, but most of the and the build itself were done here.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:06:46 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Exactly. The person who wrote this article is an extremist. I live in the closest thing to a true libertarian state and we'd throw this guy out in a second.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:07:03 AM PST
FOGE says:
Its just a college kid. The poor guy is between 19 and 22. Give him a break. And I think he made a point to keep it simple so everyone would understand it rather than throw in big fancy words for the sake of appearing intelligent and pretentious.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:07:44 AM PST
FOGE says:
Libertarians dont really throw anyone out so much as ask politely, or protest that they leave.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:08:19 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I mean...do you have a link about this story or did you get this in an e-mail?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:08:50 AM PST
If we ever held a white expo we'd be racist. ;)

Past employees at my work used to have meetings in the cafeteria about how to take advantage of worker's comp and stuff though. It happens a lot when working with lower-income people, regardless of race.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:11:04 AM PST
People should have been in Wisconsin when all the libs destroyed the capital and trashed the place. My buddy was a police officer working there and he said a teacher slapped him in the face and spit at him. Kinda ridiculous! Here they say Walker would be thrown out and he survived two elections and still managed to get the budget back to a surplus! Ask Illinois how they are doing?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:11:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:11:13 AM PST
FOGE says:
Its a chain mail. Its not an editorial. What does it matter where its from? Just read it and form your own biased opinion like everyone else.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:11:22 AM PST
It amazes me how much conservatives care about children until they're born

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:11:57 AM PST
Gameresq says:
When the election is (hopefully) settled tomorrow, can we go back to talking about video games?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:12:47 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Oh, that's where you're wrong. There has to be the post-election whining from the side that loses.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:13:08 AM PST
FOGE says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:13:59 AM PST
I am pretty sure there are all types of races and plenty of lower, middle and upper class folks out there that take advantage of loop-holes in the system that contribute to the country's debt.

War, bail-outs, insider trading, housing crash, jobs sent overseas due to being cheaper and the like are also pretty likely culprits.

Not sure why it alwasy has to be one set of people that screwed up the country.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:14:14 AM PST
I wish I still had an X-box for this

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:16:28 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Yeah my dad forwards these things to me sometimes. I just don't think they're ever genuine or heartfelt - especially when you see them right before an election. This one kind of reads like: "Here's a list of things I hate about liberals, with some veiled racism (i.e. "you can keep the homeboys") and a pinch of religion."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:18:05 AM PST
"--We'll keep our Judeo-Christian values."

You know, those values that no one really follows, including Christians.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:19:28 AM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah. I hear ya there. I'm not a fan of everything on there. Overall I agree though. I def see your point though.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:20:07 AM PST
the election is already over. The Redskins lost and that means Obama is SOL

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:21:14 AM PST
M. McFly says:
Ugh. I am voting for Romney but after reading this I am embarrassed to say sow. Sara Palin. Really? The GOP should be beyond disgusted with her. instead they embrace her. Independent all the way basically choosing this year is coin flip both. Heads you lose/tails you lose

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:22:15 AM PST
I hate these garbage chain mails. Thankfully, they lay their crap out in the first few sentences so there is no reason to read it all. Thanks for crapping up the VGF!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:23:30 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
But what are you having for lunch? That's the real issue at hand.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  83
Total posts:  516
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions