Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Heavy Rain and God of War 3 = PS3 Taking the Lead in the Console War?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 195 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:03:55 AM PST
Ha, I'm pretty landlocked too. Grew up in south Florida, so I used to have a lot more options...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:05:06 AM PST
That's kind of disgusting, in a way. You were actually eating the poor bastard alive. O.o

Posted on Mar 2, 2010 10:06:24 AM PST
T-Hype says:
Yeah, I can't describe the taste, easily the best sashimi ever. But then again I can't describe the feeling of eating an animal while it watched.

Odd feeling that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:06:26 AM PST
Right, seafood is probably my favorite, and whenever I escape the middle of nowhere I get me some authentic stuff. I venture up to Oregan whenever possible, so I get some pretty authentic stuff now and then. Obviously nothing like Thype was saying, but it is what it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:06:42 AM PST
trevor..i was just going through the tread...didnt realize everyone else jumped on it too

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:07:24 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 8:04:05 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:08:02 AM PST
T-Hype says:
Oregon has fantastic sushi actually.

I should know, I live here. :)

Seriously though, I've been all over and it really is high quality here.

Posted on Mar 2, 2010 10:09:56 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
As far as sushi goes, I love hamachi (yellow tail), but I like most of the fish I've tried. I can't, however, stomach roe. I tried it once, and don't plan on trying it ever again.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:10:13 AM PST
"Food that's still alive.......... that's where I draw the line!"

Haha, my thoughts exactly. Now I'll always think of Thype's story when someone says "I want my steak so rare, I can hear it mooing."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:10:18 AM PST
Really? Where at? My aunt and uncle live up in Beaverton, and we're looking to move there in a year or two, post graduation. Our similarities are kind of weird Thype.. Haha.

But I had some really really good shrimp and salmon up near Ft Lewis when I was there, it was a local place, trying to recall the name..

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:11:06 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:13:07 AM PST

Posted on Mar 2, 2010 10:13:12 AM PST
I like Roe, too. But have only had flying fish eggs.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:16:06 AM PST
T-Hype says:
When you visit Portland check out Yokos.

Our favorite is this place called Crazy Sushi in Sherwood. It's probably twenty minutes from Beaverton. It's authentic, the inside of the joint looks just like a restaurant in Japan, and is ran by a Japanese family.

Odd name (Crazy Sushi), one would think it's cheesy and horrible, but it's flat out incredible.

There are several in downtown Portland too, but the two I mentioned are our mainstays.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:18:40 AM PST
T-Hype says:
Just make sure you do it in the late spring or summer. Once October hits everything looks dreary and dark. One of my favorite cities in the world to be quite honest, but it does get ugly.

Great food, snowboarding/skiing, wind surfing, hiking, and the ocean are all an hour and a half away. If you're an active type of person you'll never move again.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:19:15 AM PST
Nice, we have an ongoing debate about living in Sherwood and Beaverton.. We should all meet up and high five and eat sushi someday, haha.

I'm looking forward to it a lot. You can only really have Walmart salmon so many times before you don't want to eat seafood anymore. I wish I wasn't such a seafood noob though, because what I've had of the authenic stuff is phenomenal.

Posted on Mar 2, 2010 10:21:01 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
You're a graphic designer in Portland, right? One of my GD professors at Mississippi State University moved to Portland to teach there. I want to say at PSU, but I'm not sure. Either way, small world.

Posted on Mar 2, 2010 10:24:26 AM PST
T-Hype says:
We just bought a house in Sherwood. It has the lowest crime rate in the state and one of the highest rated school systems, but there is no ethnic diversity at all. Most real estate agents call it Mayberry. Haha. Every house is huge, every neighborhood looks perfect, but it is kind of creepy to be honest.

We love it, the property value holds well, there is a ton of money in this town, and it was rated the best city to live in the United States a couple of years ago. The issue is, when we have kids, we're concerned that they'll be living in a bubble.

Can't complain though. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:25:44 AM PST
T-Hype says:
Aye, I'm one of three people I know that are actually from here. Everyone is a transplant. Haha.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:28:18 AM PST
Hah, they won't be living in a bubble. That's what Xbox live is for, so they can learn all the cuss words, and how not to handle themselves. Haha.

Ya, we looked at all the statistics and all that, I'm leaning towards Sherwood more, just because it is a little farther away from the city. It's probably actually going to come down to where I get a job at though, so we'll see. We've got 1-2 years here left max, and then we're out. Ready to get out of conservative Kansas, where any difference in opinion leads to being an outcast. It's not as bad in Lawrence, but it's still present.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:32:13 AM PST
CROWNED ONE says:
You ever had Conch Fritters.

Posted on Mar 2, 2010 10:33:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2010 10:33:38 AM PST
T-Hype says:
It's conservative-ville in Sherwood, compared to Portland at least. As I say, most of the citizens are well off, which is to say they don't appreciate the liberal ideology.

My wife and I are bleeding heart liberals (and we don't apologize for it!) but we get along okay with everyone. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:37:45 AM PST
Hah, same way with me. I can play nice with conservatives well enough, one thing I learned from living here, maybe it'll be a little bit like home, heh. Definitely looking forward to a change of scenary (or lack there of in our case).

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:40:02 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 8:04:06 AM PDT]

Posted on Mar 2, 2010 10:41:58 AM PST
T-Hype says:
Yeah, it's a beautiful area, man. Although there are certain parts of Kansas that I appreciate as well.

But yeah, I really can't say enough about the location in relation to the beach, the mountains, and the rivers. You're never short on activities as long as you enjoy being outside and being active.

I look forward to hearing what you think of the area. :)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  43
Total posts:  195
Initial post:  Feb 26, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions