Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Borderlands 2 New DLC will be Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 5:52:08 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
3 new tropies called Been There, Done that and Face off.

Found this article on PS3Trophies.org

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:25:44 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah I saw this, pretty cool.

I Love Hammerlock.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:56:57 AM PST
He was definitely my favorite new character in Borderlands 2. Everything he said was awesome.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 12:37:07 AM PST
Nicos says:
Oh yeah. Hopefully he has some bluderbuss-y type weapons to give you as a reward.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:08:52 AM PST
waxc3 says:
And here are the specific details found about Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt.

Located on a new swamp/jungle continent called "Aegrus".
There are currently 5 main story missions and 12 side missions.
There will be a new vehicle named the `fan-boat' which can be summoned from a Catch-A-Boat and will have 68 customized skins plus corrosive, incendiary and shock weapon mods.
A new raid boss ("Imagine, if you will, a Stalker the size of a small building. Now imagine yourself killing it.").
One new head and character skin for each character class. (see slideshow gallery)
It will feature about 5 main quest missions and 12 side-missions.
More Seraph items.
New enemies including the borok and scaylion.
Monster-tracking side missions assigned by Sir Hammerlock.
A self-important but not-so-well-known new enemy who is "super-pumped we're archenemies now", and who leads a tribe of jungle savages and has an evil plan that might actually work.
A new treasure room full of goodies. There's a time limit though.
Even more Claptrap

Additionally, a future update to Borderlands 2 (codenamed 'Gardenia') is coming according to the datamined information. Each of the five current classes will receive three customization packs containing a new head and skin. There's nothing indicating whether these will be purchasable packs or unlockable packs but names for each three packs are "Domination Pack", "Supremacy Pack" and "Madness Pack".

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:10:59 AM PST
"Even more Claptrap"

i'm in.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 6:57:35 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
sounds cool. Torgue kind of killed some of my enthusiasm for BL2 though, hopefully this DLC is better.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:34:07 AM PST
I loved and hated that DLC.

on one paw I LOVED everything torque said. On the other, it was a damn difficult DLC.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:00:48 AM PST
shiftless says:
There was a good write-up on Kotaku about this DLC the other day. I can't link it here while I'm at work, sorry guys. The mentioned some of the stuff that waxc3 posted above, and also said that DLC is geared for characters above level 30 who have already finished the main campaign; some characters make reference to the fact that you killed Jack. The savages are similar to bandits, but will also have a "commander" type of enemy that can heal them during combat. The new weapons, according to Kotaku, are numerous and abundant. The part which came as a surprise to me was when they talked about the two new raid bosses...they called one of them a "Drifter", which will be the first of those we've seen since BL1.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:17:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 8:18:13 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
"have already finished the main campaign;"

Yeah I'm a bit worried about that, does that mean I have to beat the campaign in TVHM to play the DLC in that mode?

Playing the DLC is normal mode is pretty much pointless considering my Siren is level 48.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:51:15 AM PST
"There will be a new vehicle named the `fan-boat' which can be summoned from a Catch-A-Boat"

I'm hoping for lots of Archer references :)

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 9:30:50 AM PST
Meatwad says:
New skins and heads, more Hammerlock, boats and a jungle area? Well, cover me in Skag feces and call me a modern art masterpiece, I gotta get this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 9:46:32 AM PST
K Archer says:
You forgot the Stalker the size of a building. That's awesome right there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 12:09:30 PM PST
Zetirix says:
Sounds like you're wanting to get into the "Danger Zone!"
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions