Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Capcom: Resident Evil 6 has been successful "to some degree"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 39 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012 1:29:38 PM PST
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-06-capcom-resident-evil-6-has-been-successful-to-some-degree

Resident Evil 6 has been successful "to some degree", Capcom has said.

In a Q&A published today on its investor site following the release of its second quarter financial year 2012 results, Capcom remained cautious about the high-profile action horror sequel, which has a Metascore of 67 on Xbox 360 and 75 on PlayStation 3.

"Overseas user reviews have not been very positive about Resident Evil 6," Capcom asked itself. "What is your strategy for strengthening the brands outside Japan?"

"Resident Evil 6 continues to generate repeat sales in Japan and overseas," Capcom replied. "Furthermore, initial shipments set a new record for a Capcom title. So this game has been successful to some degree.

"We therefore believe it is too early to reach a conclusion about how users view this game. We always listen carefully to the feedback from users and use this information when developing games."

Capcom recently revised down its shipped expectations for Resi 6 from seven million to six million. Why?

"Our revision of the sales volume is based on a comprehensive decision that reflects a variety of factors and risks at this time," Capcom explained.

"We believe that prospects are good for reaching our goal of six million units. We are confident because of the approaching overseas Christmas and New Year selling season, past sales of titles in this series, and for other reasons."

Glad that's cleared up then.

Meanwhile, Capcom revealed that, as of 30th September 2012 it had about 1500 game developers on the books. Its goal is to increase that figure by1000overthenext10years. "We want to further improve the quality of our gamesbymaintaining an internal game development team," Capcom said.

"The purpose of increasing our game developer team is to create a larger percentage of our games internally. Therefore, we believe that there will be no significant change in total development expenditures mainly because we will be shifting outsourced operations to our own workforce."

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 1:32:35 PM PST
RE6 was almost a Dragon Age 2 level of disappointment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 1:34:15 PM PST
Agreed.

This game should be thrown in the same pile as all of the E.T. cartridges.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 1:39:09 PM PST
Why do the E.T. cartridges deserve that?

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 1:40:30 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Resident Evil 6 is awesome. I have not stopped playing it since it came out. GOTY 2012!!

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:14:52 PM PST
While RE6 wasn't quite what I was expecting overall it wasn't too horrible just more a clone of RE5 with the exception of being able to play a couple of different RE characters.If Capcom wants to talk about awful games they should be talking about RE:Operation Raccoon City more then anything else.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:18:09 PM PST
Dragon Age 2 was epic in terms of being a horrible game, but people will defend that game to no end and continue to call everyone "haters" who bashes it. Some people will literally like anything that is given to them, or they spend money on something, so they would rather die than admit it was a waste of money.

I pre-ordered the Sig Edition of DA2, and I will tell you right now it was the worst $56.99 I've spent since Superman n64

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:19:02 PM PST
LMAO

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:20:23 PM PST
I also have the shiny Sig Edition. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:20:54 PM PST
Or maybe people will defend DA II because....SURPRISE COMING........they actually enjoyed the game?!?!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:26:05 PM PST
Let's hope Bioware doesn't take their enjoyment as the majority's approval.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:29:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 2:31:12 PM PST
"Some people will literally like anything that is given to them, or they spend money on something, so they would rather die than admit it was a waste of money."

Hell, I buy almost any game that remotely interests me and have made a lot of dumb purchases, but I didn't think DA2 was a bad game. I do think that it had some serious flaws though, and my first impression of the game was very negative. I picked up the XBOX version for $9 last month and have been giving it another playthrough and I enjoy it a lot more. The characters and story are interesting, but the repeating environments and wave combat are still offensively lazy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:32:32 PM PST
Mrs. User says:
I will agree with this. Not severely disappointing, just not what I expected from the game, given the franchise's history ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:35:25 PM PST
Dragon Age III is gonna rock. GOTY 2013!!!

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:48:10 PM PST
I didn't like RE4. I hated RE5. I love RE6!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:50:37 PM PST
Bobbum Man says:
I got through Leon's campaign then forgot I owned the game...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 6:40:41 PM PST
Biohazard says:
Stopped reading after "We always listen carefully to the feedback from users and use this information when developing games."

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 8:32:03 PM PST
hey I know. ask the developers of the game about its success.

TruMetrix2012

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 9:05:40 PM PST
Waiting for the price drop.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:05:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 9:09:47 PM PST
I like Dragon Age 2 a whole lot. I'm starting to think I might like it more than Origins.

Dragon Age 2 did a lot of things very right, and it would be a shame if Bioware ignored that because a lot of people didn't like the game for unrelated reasons.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:10:09 PM PST
oh now you're just begging to be burned at the stake :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:17:48 PM PST
SOMEONE LIKED A GAME I DIDN'T LIKE!

QUICK EVERYBODY TO THE DOWNVOTE BUTTON.

The VGF is like junior high, I swear. I mean, I never said Dragon Age 2 is better than Origins, I just said I might like it better. As a video game Origins is certainly better, but as a work of art I prefer DA2.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:29:12 PM PST
DOG PILE!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:37:25 PM PST
" I never said Dragon Age 2 is better than Origins, I just said I might like it better."

Even that is a threat to people who enjoy different games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:26:57 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
I just couldn't get excited about this game, though I really enjoyed the others.

It just seemed like they turned it into another fast paced shooter. Maybe not a bad game, but nothing special.

They tried to make it more appealing to a wider audience and lost the soul of the game.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  39
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions