Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

How many people have a Vita and enjoy it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 3:32:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 3:33:54 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Like every newly released system, I feel the Vita's currently in the "DOOOOOOOMED" stage where no one wants to push the thing to see if it has a chance. It seems like it's all about tearing it down instead of building it up, which I honestly don't understand considering it's such a comfortable handheld with a great button layout and beautiful OLED screen.

Listen, I'm not Sony fanboy, and I understand that it may not have a stellar library of titles, but the first year of every new system only sees a few or less truly "must have" titles. I'm currently sitting on 10 Vita games, all of which I've enjoyed, and 6 of which I'd say are "must have" titles for me.

I know, it's a tough time for handhelds with the iPhone and iPad out there offering on-the-go gaming for next to nothing, but quality on-the-go experiences are hard to find on the iPhone/iPad. You'll have a few here and there, but typically the controls are iffy and there's such a large amount of shovelware. I think this style of gaming has a place in the industry, but I'd rather it not succeed if it means the death of higher quality handheld gaming that's available on Nintendo and Sony handheld platforms.

While the Vita has a large hill to climb, I remember a time when Microsoft wasn't the top dog, Nintendo released their only massive failure the Virtual Boy, and Sony was at the top of the mountain. Things change as time goes by, but it seems like we're so fast to write something off sometimes, even when that something can turn into something incredible. I remember when people said the PS3 was dead in the water, as it's first year was plagued with a gaming drought, and the $599 price certainly didn't help things, but it's pulled through and offered great exclusive content.

Just give Vita a chance. What's the obsession with so many people wanting something so nicely built to fail?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:37:50 PM PST
Just got mine semi-recently. It's a stellar piece of hardware and I would highly recommend it if it had a bit more expansive library OR you don't have a PSP. If you don't have a PSP then there's no excuse. There's a huge library of titles on the PSN. The games will come in time, I'm sure. If not it will basically be a dedicated RPG handheld for me (Persona games + FF games all on one big screened handheld = win).

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:42:38 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I have a Vita and I enjoy it a lot. I'm a huge fan of handheld gaming these days. I do think it needs a price cut to make it more accessible to other gamer's who are holding out.

I don't own a tablet yet though it appears I'm getting the Kindle Fire HD for Xmas. As far as tablet go I'm really hoping to find some P&C adventure games that are on par with PC offerings. That would be awesome. I agree with you in that for me a tablet just isn't a viable gaming experience in comaprison to the 3DS and Vita. I've seen the offerings and it would be buying games for the sake of having games for the tablet for the most part.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:44:00 PM PST
Got my Vita on release with the games for it now numbering at six,overall the Vita's fun to play when you're on the go sometimes or traveling but if I'm at home or going nowhere really the Vita pretty much just stays on the shelf. While the front and back touchscreen capabilities are good with the exception of one or two games it feels unneeded during gameplay. This is something you might consider giving a friend or family member for Christmas maybe but it's also something that doesn't have to be rushed in getting either.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:47:53 PM PST
I have a PSP that I recently purchased and love it. It has been my intro to handheld gaming. I would get a 3DS before I got the Vita based on price and number of games. I hope the Vita does well so I can one day justify getting it.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:42:38 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:52:40 PM PST
saskamazon says:
I have a Vita - since launch week ... very fond of it. I have 8 retail games (3 more coming this month) & several DL titles ... as a dedicated portable gaming experience, it's fantastic ... I have an ipad & enjoy it very much, but in terms of the more complicated gaming experience, the ipad doesn't really compare to either the Vita or 3DS ... I guess the price point & lack of advertising are not helping sales ... the library is getting better & + perks land this month, so the Vita front is really improving ... now potential purchasers just need to be ensnared. if Sony ran 1/2 as many ads for the Vita as they did for AC3, it would help immensely.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:55:44 PM PST
Chunk says:
I will probably get one day, but I have several games on my PSP I want to get to before I buy a new handheld.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:57:16 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 5, 2012 9:14:00 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:59:09 PM PST
I have thought about getting a Vita since there are some good games out for it now. Maybe come Black Friday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:10:21 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
I have the Vita and love it but my 3DS gets more play due to the fact it has more games. The Vita is slowly building it's library but if I knew that it wouldn't have many games by now, I would have waited to buy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:17:17 PM PST
" What's the obsession with so many people wanting something so nicely built to fail?"

I really don't see that many people here wanting it to fail. I had my Vita before almost everybody else here ( only Garion got his before me) and I enjoy it but I also think Sony and SCEA in particular are screwing up the Vita's chances for success.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:45:56 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I am enjoying my Vita. I complain about the memory card price all the time, but that is the biggest downside. It is asinine that they charge so much and then you can only put a game or two on the smaller ones.

That being said, I really like UC because it reminds me of the first game. AssCreed is pretty good but the stalking missions get a bit tiresome as the person you are following stops randomly and looks around for a minute but you can then go right up and pickpocket them.....But that is neither here or there. I just hope they release some big games like a true Resistance game or InFamous and God of War and 3rd Party developers realize that the Vita can produce some great games. Sony though needs to understand that they have to spend money to make it and not just rely on their name or the hope that people will buy it or develop for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:58:24 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
I think I may be the only person here who loved Burning Skies, haha. Really enjoyable campaign, decent but basic multiplayer. I didn't play the mess everyone else did.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:02:27 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
To be honest I have not played it, so I should not judge and I love games that get mediocre reviews. I guess I was hoping for something console like. I will have to pick it up as it is cheap.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:17:18 PM PST
I enjoy my vita alot. I just think my sister's 3DS is more fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:23:37 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:43 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:27:55 PM PST
Kaitlin M. says:
I have a Vita and absolutely love it. I only have one game for it, but that's for lack of money rather than lack of games that interest me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions