Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Tom Hardy Set For `Splinter Cell' Movie At Ubisoft

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 1:15:10 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
BREAKING: Tom Hardy has become attached to star in the film based on the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell video game, and Eric Warren Singer has been set to write the script. The project isn't set up at a studio yet, but is moving forward with the game universe's France-based company Ubisoft.

Studios have been vying to make a deal for the franchise, with Warner Bros and Paramount recently rumored to be knocking on the door earlier this summer. Singer, who wrote the thriller The International, also scripted the Black List script American Bullshit, which is being made as an untitled drama that David O Russell is directing with Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper and Jeremy Renner starring.

The original game, revolves around Sam Fisher, a covert operative who so far has been put on six missions covering six installments of the game that has sold 22 million units and spawned several novels. Hardy will play Fisher. After his recent turns in Warrior and The Dark Knight Rises, Hardy is on everybody's most wanted list. He's shooting Fury Road and is being offered just about every movie these days, it seems. DEVELOPING.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:17:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 1:19:59 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Is he going to talk like Sean Connery like in Dark Knight Rises?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:19:20 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
"Oh, rough. Just the way your mother likes it, eh Trebek?"

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:20:25 PM PST
Soulshine says:
I still don't know what Tom Hardy looks like.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:20:32 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I seriously was laughing whenever he opened his mouth during that movie. I couldn't get over it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:21:15 PM PST
You should watch Warrior. He's a freaking badass in that movie.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:29:56 PM PST
Tom Hardy already has a deliciously gorgeous voice!!!

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:36:22 PM PST
I seriously thought Liam Neeson was doing the voice overs in that movie. I thought Tom Hardy was a wwf wrestler or something

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:36:38 PM PST
Tom Hardy is a good actor and a freaking beast. It will be interesting to see him as Sam Fisher.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 8:22:36 AM PST
tjm01572 says:
Tom Hardy is much to good an actor, a video game to movie adaptation is beneath him IMO.

see him in the movie Bronson

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 8:40:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 8:40:31 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Is this going to have a TLC match against the Dudley Boys?....oh....wrong Tom Hardy
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions