Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Former WWE Superstar Batista Signs On For Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 16, 2013 8:00:42 AM PDT
http://www.wwe.com/inside/batista-marvel-guardians-of-the-galaxy-26099075

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 8:12:58 AM PDT
Any movie with a WWE "Superstar" in it is trash.

This movie is dead from the start.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 8:49:40 AM PDT
Well I can't put the cart before the horse just yet, but you kinda have a point.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 9:59:15 AM PDT
eMJayBlaze says:
Rocky 3 with Hulk Hogan was awesome.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 10:51:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2013 11:03:11 AM PDT
Fans are angry that Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones, Conan: Remake) wasn't chosen for the role, but I'm not bummed that Batista was chosen for the part. Drax isn't a complicated character at all. Sure, he used to be a human killed by Thanos and brought back as a human weapon, so I... guess... that requires a little drama to the role.

If you haven't read the comics, he's basically Kratos from God of War(they actually look very similar). An angry, vengeful killing machine.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 11:03:19 AM PDT
I don't think it will be all bad. It certainly depends on the rest of the cast.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 11:23:15 AM PDT
Anthony says:
eh, the Rock is a decent actor. wasn't all that excited for guardians of the galaxy in the first place though.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 11:24:19 AM PDT
Anthony says:
how can you bring up Jason Momoa and not mention Stargate Atlantis? what is wrong with you?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 11:26:43 AM PDT
What's Stargate Atlantis?

I'm kidding ;-)

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 11:37:08 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 11:42:12 AM PDT
user22 says:
Really, Jason Momoa? That Conan remake was terrible.

I highly doubt they will divulge much of Drax's origin though. Like you said, he isn't really too complicated of a character. They will probably portray him simply as the Hulk-like muscle of the group, with little dialogue. Though I originally envisioned Vin Diesel, I think Batista could be a good fit for this role too.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 11:49:44 AM PDT
Wrestling is fun to watch. WWE occasionally these days, but most indie wrestling companies are really entertaining.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 12:13:46 PM PDT
eMJayBlaze says:
What's wrong with watching wrestling? Don't say it's stupid because it's fake. All TV shows/movies are fake also.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 12:29:55 PM PDT
I wasn't going to say that it is fake, I just don't see the appeal of it.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 12:31:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2013 12:33:50 PM PDT
@User22

Some people just like to complain for the sake of complaining, I guess. Hell! The Guardians of the Galaxy comics aren't well known, and people are still complaining because of the lack of big name stars? Come on...

I'm sure the full budget will go to the effects dept, which I don't mind at all. I've seen 2 movies from director James Gunn, which are Slither and Super . Super was actually really good, if a little weird. I congratulate Marvel for having the ballz to produce this film as a tie in to Avengers 2, and I hope they do a good job.

I'm still curious to see who they pick to voice Rocket Raccoon, thugh. Rumors are tied to Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey and I want neither of them for the role...

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 2:33:12 PM PDT
user22 says:
Yeah, I'm curious about Rocket as well. If I'm not mistaken, he has a British accent in MvC3, so I wonder if they will go that route. Maybe Vinnie Jones could do it. Definitely NO to Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey...where are you hearing these rumors? lol

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 2:49:20 PM PDT
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/01/23/carrey-and-sandler-up-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy

Vinnie Jones would be great, but they should just go with the voice actor from Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 5:49:05 PM PDT
pyroguy says:
especially considering that both Batista and Vin Diesel will both be in "Riddick 3" together

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 2:48:25 PM PDT
user22 says:
You know, the more I think about it, I could possibly hear Jim Carrey as Rocket...still NO to Sandler though. I only mentioned Vinnie Jones because, as an actor, his name is a bit more marketable than Greg Ellis(voice actor from MvC3).

Also, those are some interesting choices for Peter Quill. I would maybe like to see Chris Lowell get it. Wes Bently and Cam Gigandet are good actors as well, but I thought Wes was pretty cheesy in Ghost Rider and Cam was super dull in Priest.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 5:52:48 PM PDT
Noble Seven says:
Dead from the start? Listen Cinema Fan, I am a huge fan of the WWE and I don't think a movie with a WWE "Superstar" in it makes the movie dead from the start.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 6:09:10 PM PDT
Hey says:
I used to not understand it but I've realized it's really no different from the comic books I read. It's just fun stuff. I still don't enjoy watching it by myself, but if I'm somewhere that's airing it with a lot of people watching, it can be a blast.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 6:10:23 PM PDT
Hey says:
He wrote parts of Tromeo and Juliet and Lollipop Chainsaw, right? Wasn't he married to the secretary from The Office and they did that mockumentary Lollilove too? I liked that one.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 8:58:44 PM PDT
@User22: Chris Pratt from "Parks & Recreation" and "Zero Dark Thirty" has been cast as Peter Quill/Star-Lord. Haven't seen Parks & Recreation, but he was good in Zero Dark Thirty.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174865-chris-pratt-to-lead-guardians-of-the-galaxy

@FrumpleOrz: I did not know that. I'll have to check that mockumentary out, cause I like the way he handles dark comedy.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 5:14:13 AM PDT
eMJayBlaze says:
The appeal, to me atleast is that I have been watching WWF/E since I was a few years old. I have been following a lot of these guys' careers for 20+ years now, and its cool for me to see what WWE decides to do with them. Granted, the storylines nowadays are far worse than they were 10-15 years ago, it's still fun to follow, much like people do with shows like the Walking Dead, Dexter, etc... These guys put their bodies on the line all the time, and really do give it their all (most of the time). I can completely understand why some people don't like wrestling though. I think if I was to pick it up now, rather than when I was little, I most likely would not watch more than one episode, but since I have been watching for so long, each week is exciting for me to watch on Monday night, especially so because I will be attending Wrestlemania in 3 weeks, so the buildup now is awesome...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 6:28:38 AM PDT
pyroguy says:
indeed. Triple-H was in the 3rd "Blade" movie, and his scenes with Ryan Reynolds almost stole the show
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Mar 16, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions