Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2012 12:41:56 PM PDT
Gomb says:
Anyone picked this up yet? Looks like it just released on Steam for 25$, which is a bit steep since the last one was free with any Half Life 2 purchase. I can pretty much guarantee this game is amazing, but would like some feedback before pulling the trigger... has anyone here played it yet?

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 12:48:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2012 12:49:08 PM PDT
Game looks awesome. I'm in the same boat.

Capt K - Buy this game and tell us how it is...I bought XCOM and told you! Lol

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 1:14:12 PM PDT
Totalbuscuit preferred it over war of the roses... he made a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Q7FETIxZw&feature=plcp

I would buy it... if it was on consoles or if I had a good pc

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 1:18:22 PM PDT
War of Roses looks pretty cool as well but has really wonky combat.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 1:20:08 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Yeah, the last one was fantastic. All word is that this game trumps the other version in all ways. It's down to this or War of the Roses for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 1:23:06 PM PDT
you should watch the video I posted it's a comparison between the two

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 1:29:49 PM PDT
Gomb says:
I pretty much singlehandedly got the javelin nerfed in the original, it was so easy to 'kite' the slow knights by throwing a javelin at them then pulling out the shortsword and running away. I remember doing it blatantly while a Chivalry developer was in the match, then the next time I signed in there was a patch and the javelineer didn't have a shortsword in his inventory anymore lol. I switched to the Crusader after that.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 1:43:58 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Maybe when I get home. I gots de work right now. I've come down with a fatal case of the 9 to 5.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012 4:38:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 22, 2012 4:39:41 AM PDT
It does look considerably better from a combat standpoint than War of the Roses. That said, I'm neck deep in my backlog and can't afford to add another game to it, hehe.

I still haven't even started up XCOM yet. Still making my way through Dishonored. ;)

And GW2 starts it's tournaments soon (this week I think), so I might jump into some PvP there.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:14:52 AM PST
Well, I bought Chivalry and it's the most fun I've had in a melee combat game ever.

A few friends of mine picked it up as well so we've been playing a few games each evening. Excellent medieval combat. The game is smooth and the game play is a blast. I don't really know what to say about it except that I love it. Definitely worth the $15 its going for on GMG right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:17:20 AM PST
So...how much of your backlog have you gone through in the last month to justify adding this game? :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:22:41 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
It's official, then. I need to get it.

Oh, also, I need to reset my password for your Vent server. Or else get a reminder of what it is. I have completely and totally forgotten it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:26:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 6:27:17 AM PST
Lol, I play so many multiplayer and "unending" games that my backlog moves like molasses.

Half Life 2 is on the top of my list as soon as I lose a little of my GW2 addiction.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:28:51 AM PST
Yup like Capt said, even though my back log is just as deep as it ever will be I still purchased it and it's a lot of fun. Who doesn't like slashing peoples heads or limbs off with swords and hatchets?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:33:59 AM PST
Or putting an arrow through a knight's eye just as he's about to chop you in half with a 2-hander?

Or launching a catapult and accidentally killing half of your team and causing the biggest epic fail loss of all time? Oh... Well... Oops?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Oct 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions