Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Do the Sony fanboys have as many and as effective troll posts as the Xbots?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2012 2:49:13 PM PST
I mean looking around the Xbots right now have M. and Holly and thier posts really seem to get lots of responses, but I can't remember a good one started by a sonymite.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:51:53 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
The most insecure people are usually the most trollish. 360 fans can't admit to the PS3 being better which is why they are so vocal. PS3 users are perfectly happy with their decision which is why there aren't that many trolling posts from them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:59:12 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
These days? Nah, that crowd's lacking. Back in the day the Xbots were positively under siege, though. And not like in an aweome Flock of Steven Segals kind of way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:02:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 3:04:11 PM PST
Iso says:
And why do PS3 fans get more riled up when you make a post about it?

This logic does not follow well enough. I just think that many people who play on the 360 accept the flaws and move on. Sony just has some hardcore fanboys that dictate it must be all or nothing.

Neither console is inherently better than the other. But some people have a hard time accepting this harsh reality.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 3:10:34 PM PST
1#Elf says:
We're too busy playing games

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:23:25 PM PST
Iso says:
But the 360 has no games, remember?

Caught you lying.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 11:10:54 PM PST
Nicos says:
No because they aren't trolling. They genuinely believe whatever insane claim they put forth. It is weird. It is like having the superior console and better game library has completely fried their brains.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:22:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 1:22:34 AM PST
That in itself is somewhat idiotic, overall gaming on both consoles is pretty much the same and when you get passed the lights and sparkles on either online services both basically offer the same performance package online.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 2:01:41 AM PST
Nicos says:
I .. didn't mention.. the online. No doubt, Microsoft had the best online this gen, but Sony knocked it out of the park where it actually mattered: hardware and games. So... uh.. thaks for proving my point for me?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 2:38:33 AM PST
I know you didn't mention the online. I just brought that up as a perspective about the two consoles being mentioned here nothing more.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 3:51:44 AM PST
Actually, I would argue that between the 2 paid online services Sony is currently winning. Yeah, I'll admit that MS has had a history of a more stable environment but Sony gives attractive discounts and FREE GAMEZ as long as you keep paying for the service. Plus, it's much easier to find a particular game to purchase online on the PS3 than used to be on the 360(have to say used to be because I haven't had a functioning 360 in a while now.)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:34:02 AM PST
C. Zajic says:
360 just now got game save cloud service, now if they offer free games once a month then Microsoft would almost match Sony.
The strikes against Microsoft after that would be you need to have a gold membership to use Netflix, which IMO any service unrelated to gaming should be available regardless of your membership status.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:39:55 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
You'll still need gold to play games online :/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:02:29 AM PST
I personally don't care if non-gaming activities are behind a paywall since I don't really use gaming devices for non-gaming purposes. Like Kin says, it's the fact that we have to pay for the right to play MP games online on the 360. One thing that I do easily prefer on the 360 is the ergonomic controller design. My hands stay comfortable after long gaming sessions, where with the dualshock it just feels off. Not hurt, but just a sort of discomfort. If they want to keep the basic design for the next gen, I hope they make the controller larger as that might help.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:58:17 AM PST
"FREE GAMEZ as long as you keep paying for the service"

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/6/30/

But seriously, yes. Sony has the better service these days, by far.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:58:48 AM PST
True enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:00:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 6:00:22 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
DC Universe Online, FreeRealms, Dust 514 and Home are free at least :p

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:08:00 AM PST
After all these years of both systems being out I find it hard to believe most folks in these forums don't have both consoles.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:10:54 AM PST
I'm pretty sure that the "service" referred to here is PS+. :-)

But I get what you mean.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:14:33 AM PST
Punk! says:
I think either really thrifty/young and not wealthy people or the real fanboys just have one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:17:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 6:18:02 AM PST
Being a fanboy is one thing, but to deprive yourself of some excellent games that both sides offer is just plain stoopid.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:18:52 AM PST
Punk! says:
I would argue that being a fanboy is just plain stoopid.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:27:10 AM PST
I agree with you but I mean in this forum alone, the regular posters here. Maybe M and Holly only have a 360 but for the rest that spew such hate for either side...if we are such gamers in here how can you/they limit yourself/themselves to one console after all this time.

....oh, you already answered it. Rabid Fanboy Syndrome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:48:21 AM PST
Punk! says:
Yeah, I need them all man. I'm too greedy to be a fanboy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xd8a43b20)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions