Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: National Guardsmen kicked out of armory to make room for Victoria's Secret show

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 7:05:16 AM PST
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/military_helpers_stripped_mLCcBppGJPy9IMwjH2ZgCN

The Victoria's Secret show must go on - even if it means kicking out hardworking men and women in uniform.

Dozens of National Guardsmen, and Army and Air Force personnel who have been sleeping at Manhattan's Lexington Armory in between hurricane-relief shifts are being booted - to make room for Victoria's Secret models in anticipation of Wednesday's runway show.

About 300 uniformed personnel have been bunking down at the armory at various times since Sandy hit.

But their numbers will be reduced to 60 by Wednesday for the event, which is featuring Rihanna and Justin Bieber.

The military workers will be relocated to the Jacob Javits Center, Harlem Armory and hotels such as the Marriott East Side and Ramada East Side - where they'll bunk five to 10 per room on the government's dime, sources said.

"It's going to be tight. It's not ideal,'' said one Air National Guardsman.

Last night, about 150 of the personnel were crammed into a space meant for 50 as Victora's Secret workers moved in equipment and set up temporary dressing rooms.

A massive transformer generator was being brought in for the show, and a huge Sony video board was hauled to the site.

The military workers will be allowed to return to their armory digs on Thursday.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:41:20 AM PST
I blame Sony.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:43:24 AM PST
Ice King says:
Is there any doubt that it's their fault? The Sony video board is going to blast anti-America videos the whole time.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:22:14 PM PST
This is pretty disgusting. Wow.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:37:39 PM PST
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Unbelievable that they wouldn't put the models up someplace else.

When I see stuff like this it just reminds me why I got out when I did.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:48:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 8:49:02 PM PST
priorities man.

the idiocracy is here.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:48:45 PM PST
Well this just pisses me off.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:17:32 PM PST
If they were smart they would allow the Guardsmen to bunk with the models. I'm sure they would like that.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:18:00 PM PST
The models should put on a burlesque show for the troops to smooth things over.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:22:22 PM PST
I'll take one for the team and be the towel boy for the shower room while the models are using it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:23:17 PM PST
Fun fact: a sizable portion of men in the Armed Forces do not wear underwear while in uniform.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:23:43 PM PST
You selfless patriot, you!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:27:29 PM PST
Gross.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:28:23 PM PST
Do you need an assistant? I might have some free time.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:29:15 PM PST
saskamazon says:
things like this always make me shake my head & wonder at the priorities .... good grief, military aid to victims seems far more important than a lingerie show ... for the people left homeless & without power, must feel like condemnation to their plight.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:34:15 PM PST
Hmm. I kind of figured you would like that.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:03:43 PM PST
In a place as patriotic and pro-military as New York? No way!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions