Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Why is Sonic Unleashed SO HARD!?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2013 6:29:51 PM PDT
I paid for the game so I'm really trying to make an honest attempt to 1000/1000 or at least finish the story but the game is SOOOOOO frustrating.

I feel that 85% of the frustration would go away if I had more control over the camera.

The problem is I played Sonic Generations and LOVED it and I thought that Unleashed would play similar. While it does do that it's so much harder. I don't feel like I was punished near as bad in Generations when I missed a jump.

I just cleared continent five but now I have to go medal farming to even collect the key for continent six.

The blood veins in my head may burst before I complete the game. I don't even think I'm going to attempt eating all the chili dogs.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:51:21 PM PDT
Horowitz says:
Most 3D Sonic games are way harder than they should be because of their problems. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 was one of the most annoying games to play. While Unleashed improved on a lot and was a better game, it still had too many annoyances to be enjoyable. Generations and Colors are really good, though.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:53:51 PM PDT
quinten488 says:
The Wii version is the best one for the daytime sections at least, all the werewolf levels still suck.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:54:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 6:55:44 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
It took my five year old some time to adjust to the other two Sonic games. He has beaten Generations and is now focusing on the 06 Sonic. He does not play Unleashed that much as he does not really like the Weresonic....Not sure whose bright idea at Sega it was to put that in the game. But he does not dislike the game.

Oh and he loves the Adventure games and enjoys Sonic Colors. But he is a Mario guy and keeps asking for a U just for that one game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 7:14:16 PM PDT
The Genesis got fair challenge right, at least Sonic 2 did.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 7:22:39 PM PDT
user22 says:
I didn't even know Sonic games ended...I don't think I've finished one ever in my life.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 7:39:00 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
Sorry Sailor, Generations is superior to Sonic 2 and I got Sonic 2 when it released back in the early 90s.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 8:29:50 PM PDT
Sonic 2 is my favorite SEGA game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:27:37 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
We all know!

It is a good game. Not the best. But good.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 9:37:07 PM PDT
What makes Generations superior to you?

I like Generations and Colors, along with the Adventure games and the Genesis games.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 10:48:26 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I enjoy playing it. It is faster, well put together. It has better music, more variety, and I am going to go with graphics too. I am not a big Generations fan but the replay value is also there.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 11:10:56 PM PDT
Well, I hate the fact that you HAVE to complete those challenges in order to access the bosses.

Obviously it's faster, and graphics should be left out.

Now music is more of a personal taste, and I've listened to Sonic 2's soundtrack on my Ipod more times than I care to count.

I actually think that the Genesis games were Sonic's best years.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 11:18:51 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I don't think you can keep graphics out of the picture. That is like comparing my 89 Taurus to a 2010 Ford. The latter is obviously going to be superior. Sure, some classic cars hold up as do games....But I am going to look at the graphics as well as gameplay and other factors.

I am going to play FFIII (or VI) as well as Ms Pac Man as they are timeless classics. Sonic 2 is a good game but it has been surpassed. It has been improved upon and tweaked and so on. But it comes down to me not being that big of a Sonic fan....I mean Galaga kicks the holy hell out of Sonic 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 11:22:47 PM PDT
Sonic 2, while still being my favorite, was surpassed, by Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

I'll take the 2-D Sonic games (The Genesis ones) over the 2-D Mario games.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 11:27:30 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
Yeah, my above post did not make much sense. I must be tired. I have struggled all day. Sonic is awesome....mostly because my kids love him. My son eats up the Adventure games. They are more into Mario. And the WiiU is tempting because of that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 11:29:27 PM PDT
I honestly think that Sonic 3 is the best gaming soundtrack. I wonder why? (I am being sarcastic with that question)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 11:38:28 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I like Generations because it has most of the songs from the entire series. My kids unlock them and then play them, dancing around the room....The Duke family has a lot of time on its hands.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 8:15:51 AM PDT
It's missing the songs that the king of pop made for Sonic 3, if I am correct.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 9:24:30 AM PDT
Horowitz says:
Ya'll need to play Pocket Adventure. Best Sonic game.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 9:37:39 AM PDT
Sonic 2 & 3 probably had the most memorable music to this day. Still have to finish playing Unleashed and Generations. '06, as far as I'm concerned, never happened.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 9:51:55 AM PDT
It's not even canon, the events of the game were reset at the end.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 10:12:55 AM PDT
Nobody said because you touch yourself at night?

Who are you people? And what have you done with the real VGF?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 10:16:31 AM PDT
I play Pocket Adventure several times a week.

Oh...You were talking about a Sonic game. Nevermind then,

@Classic: I came in here for that express purpose when I saw the title to the thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 10:21:04 AM PDT
I am so glad you're back! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 10:21:14 AM PDT
Strengthening my resolve, it never happened. lOl
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Mar 15, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions