Initial post: Feb 8, 2013 1:50:40 PM PST
This game is absolutely awesome.

Discuss.

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 1:52:23 PM PST
IPhantom says:
Agree. So fun.

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 1:54:41 PM PST
R. Typo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 1:57:00 PM PST
What does that have to do with anything?

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 1:58:46 PM PST
Nightmare says:
Yep, it's pretty darned awesome. I'm playing on permadeath (Classic) mode on Hard. It's somewhat challenging, but not unreasonable. And I'm having a blast with it so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 1:59:18 PM PST
rejera says:
can i hear your idea of a game that is not "for babies"? if it has anything to do with Call of duty or some other game type like that, stop right there. Mature individuals enjoy games even if there isn't any blood.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 2:29:11 PM PST
Chocolette says:
Nintendo makes a game where you can make babies.

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 2:32:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2013 2:35:39 PM PST
Waiting for the inevitable Vita port that will take advantage of the system's 5" OLED screen, dual analogs and rear touchpad.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 2:33:49 PM PST
Benpachi says:
LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 2:34:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2013 2:34:58 PM PST
Nightmare says:
A port of Fire Emblem: Awakening???? That would be like expecting Nintendo to port Mario to a non-Nintendo system.

EDIT: I think I missed the sarcasm . . . . My bad.

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 2:40:25 PM PST
My copy is currently on it's way to me. The blizzard will prove to make it a perilous journey but I rest assured that Marth will make his way to my doortstep ... Maybe Monday ..

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 2:47:14 PM PST
R. Typo says:
Ha.

Dat's a good one.

I tell myself I'm not going to hit the 'reset' button (exiting to the home screen with a solitary huff of frustration) before each battle, and most of the time I'm able to honor that. But, not always, not when it's THAT* character!

*any character

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 2:47:51 PM PST
Gameresq says:
I am on Chapter 4 and I like it a lot. I am trying to decide whether to keep the villager kid in my party.

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 3:53:38 PM PST
Zero says:
I am going through the game on classic and hard mode. The game has been pretty difficult, and one level in particular has been giving me a lot of trouble. I have died like seven times so far on it, but I like the challenge. I literally have to study the board for more than a minute or more every turn, and I didn't have to do that as often on the other games I have played, on the middle difficulty atleast.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 3:59:42 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
You mom is absolutely awesome too!
amidoingitright?

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 6:44:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2013 6:51:59 AM PDT
Chocolette says:
Just wanted to let ppl who haven't got this game yet know that you still get previous weeks' spotpass bonuses. I got to the place where you can open spotpass items yesterday and all previous weeks items, maps and teams were there.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 6:50:46 AM PDT
The ONLY flaw I can find in this game is the missing feet. Seriously, how could all that attention to detail and quality be put in the game and then they forget to give characters feet!

Still, the character interactions are a great addition, giving me the ability to have my characters still live after dying in one battle, and providing characters like Kellam make this game fantastic.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 6:52:29 AM PDT
Chocolette says:
They look stubby *giggle*

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 6:55:40 AM PDT
J. Arthur says:
I have played every Fire Emblem game released in the US and Awakening may very well be the best game to date. Intelligent Systems preserved everything that fans love about the Fire Emblem series and added new strategic elements (such as pairing) that have only enhanced the gameplay.

While Path of Radiance on Gamecube was amazing, I believe that the Fire Emblem series really stands out on handheld systems. This release on the 3DS has only confirmed that for me. With all of the new content that Nintendo announced yesterday (additional maps and Spotpass content), I will be playing this game for a long time and that is just fine with me.

It may only be March 2013, but I will argue that we have a strong contender for GOTY in Fire Emblem Awakening.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 6:58:50 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
I didn't think that would bother me so much, but it really does. They hide their lack of feet with grass in most cutscenes, but in battles it just sticks out like a...lack of feet.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 7:41:01 AM PDT
Chocolette says:
I get sad when their stats don't increase a lot at a level up. It's difficult to level all of them up equally!

If I use a map from spotpass, does it disappear? How do I recruit the spotpass people? Can I fight them, and still recruit them? And...why don't I get more money? (I'm on Ch 5).

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:46:42 AM PDT
I am not sure if this answers anything, but right like after the third or fourth battle (from literally starting the game) I was able to download a bunch of stuff. I even fought Florina and got her on my team.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:55:27 AM PDT
Gameresq says:
When you play a map acquired via Spotpass, it stays on the world map, it does not disappear.

Recruitments vary by character. Typically, you have to talk to them, sometimes multiple times, sometimes with a certain character. Some are recruited after defeat (like Walhart) and others are no longer recruitable if you defeat them, so it varies.

If you need cash, you can fight in non-story battles (the purple enemies that appear on the world map) and gain lots of cash quickly. I have finished the game, including all paralogues, so I am happy to help where I can. The game is outstanding.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:58:01 AM PDT
Chocolette says:
I only "retrieved" Mist (from Path of Radiance) and it says I can recruit her for 2000 monies or I can fight her. Can I do both? I'd like to get exp. (And 2000 monies is like my whole budget.)

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 10:13:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2013 10:16:50 AM PDT
prsmooth says:
I will start on Fire Emblem today, just finished Castlevania: MOF last night. This will be my first SRPG so I plan to play it on casual to get a feel for the mechanics.

I hear alot of great things about it here, so I decided to have an open mind and give it a try. This will probably hold me over till Luigi's Mansion comes out later this month.

Any good tips for a SRPG newbie?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  114
Initial post:  Feb 8, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions