Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Transgender 6 yr old?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 387 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 28, 2013 11:03:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 11:06:04 AM PST
Lucanus says:
http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-parents-transgender-girl-contest-school-restroom-ban-041906423.html

Can somebody explain to me how a 6 year old boy knows he really should be a girl? I mean WTF?

"Since her earliest ability to express herself, she has told the world what would be obvious to anyone who spends a minute with her that she is a little girl"

In fact he isn't a little girl, cause he has a pen IS. A 6 yr old, IMHO, shouldn't be worried about anything of the sort.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 11:08:03 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
You can say penis, it's a scientific word.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 11:09:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 11:09:46 AM PST
Voice of god says:
A six-year-old wants to be a girl. His/her parents are supportive.

There, that is it. That is all the information I need to let that six-year-old be a girl. Let him/her be whatever the hell he/she wants. I don't care what's inside a six-year-old's pants. It's none of my business and it's none of anybody else's.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 11:09:55 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Wow. I wish the article mentioned more about how the parents came to realize their son was a transgendered girl. Gender identity really does form early in life, so I wouldn't say a six-year-old knowing she's transgendered is impossible.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:10:30 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah it's definitely not impossible.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:10:54 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I doubt his identifying as a girl has anything to do with actual sex organs.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:11:41 AM PST
Voice of god says:
People seem to have no idea how blurry the line is between boy and girl. And I don't just mean self-identity, I mean the stuff going on in the actual bathing suit area.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:14:34 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Just because a person has a penis or a vagina doesn't mean that their brain is wired the same way as every other boy or girl. You nor anyone else should place societal pressures on this person just because of what is in their pants.

Transgender/Transsexual is a serious issue for the people born that way and unfortunately people don't bother learning to understand that. This child has some fantastic parents that they are supporting their child this way since many probably wouldn't and would just disregard it.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 11:14:52 AM PST
pokritz says:
"like a man dick?"

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:15:20 AM PST
user22 says:
Boys haffa penis, girls haffa vagina. *giggles*

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:29:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 11:29:53 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I've read about this particular kid before. The child always wanted to dress as a girl, and given the choice of going out dressed as a boy or staying home dressed as a girl they'd choose staying home. The parents allowed him/her to dress as a girl in the home, but didn't want them to go out in public like that.

Eventually things got pretty bad and the child grew depressed and withdrawn. The kid asked to be taken to a doctor to be "fixed." The parents realized how serious it was getting and took them to a psychologist.

The child was diagnosed with gender dysmorphia and the parents accepted it having realized it wasn't a phase they'd grow out of. The reason the child is in the news again is the school district has decided they shouldn't be allowed to use the girls bathroom since they're entering the first grade. In Kindergarten they had a unisex bathroom.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:33:26 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Wow, that's so sad. I'm glad the parents have embraced the idea, however. This kid is in for a rough school life though.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:35:48 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Unless they keep getting into the news, it won't be so bad until puberty. That's going to be rough for them. But fortunately they have supportive parents and siblings.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:36:45 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
My wife told me about this story yesterday. How can a 6 year old be transgender? My 2 year old son plays with a purse and wears it on his arm. Should I be calling him transgender?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:40:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 11:40:56 AM PST
Voice of god says:
Don't be ridiculous and jump to conclusions yet. Your two-year-old is probably just gay.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:42:09 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
If this six year old actually asked to be "fixed", then you know it's a serious issue. Your son still identifies as a boy. This kid actually feels like he's a girl.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:43:26 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Right. The kid in the story never identified as a boy once. They'd ignore or reject boy's clothing, toys and so forth.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:45:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 11:47:38 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Doesn't this news just threaten the sanctity of the transgendered 6 year old inside all of us?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:45:51 AM PST
I knew I should be a boy when I was six... and it's wasn't the penis that gave it away.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:46:21 AM PST
C. Zajic says:
No He's just cross dressing.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:46:25 AM PST
neu Tron says:
Well said. I can't believe it's 2013 and this still has to be explained to people.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:57:02 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
In twenty years they'll remake Battlestar Galactica with Starbuck being a transgendered person. Mark my words.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 12:19:47 PM PST
Maybe we could change this into a discussion of, should they be allowed to use the girls bathroom? IMO it's not a matter of discrimination, it's a matter of body parts. The physical body parts = male so, you have to use the male restroom. Until you get that surgically changed.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 12:30:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 12:32:12 PM PST
Lucanus says:
That is my thought. I guess at 6 yrs old I just focused on other things. Man this story is crazy to me, though apparently everybody else finds it not crazy. Transgender is interesting, I am sure my wife wouldn't want somebody with a penis using a restroom with her just because he feels like he should have been a girl. I am actually shocked that people dont find it crazy that a 6 yr old is making such a huge life choice decison......

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 12:32:25 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
That comes down to what the rationale behind gender separated bathrooms truly is. Which I'm not even completely sure of, myself.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  43
Total posts:  387
Initial post:  Feb 28, 2013
Latest post:  21 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions