Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone still play Diablo 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 526-550 of 735 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 15, 2013 3:26:17 PM PST
I'm going to design a build around the new changes... maybe even use living lightning :p

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 12:17:26 AM PST
Riyoshi says:
"Sweeping Wind

Base weapon damage increased from 15% to 20% per stack
Skill Rune - Blade Storm

Weapon damage increased from 20% to 26% per stack

Skill Rune - Cyclone

Weapon damage increased from 20% to 26% per stack"

While the damage increase is nice they actually took like 55% of damage from us with this:
"Fixed an issue where Sweeping Wind was not actively updating its damage and attributes from the player"

:( Well, have to wait until the patch hits i guess.

But the XP increase (on MP) is just insane (in a good way).

I also remember reading something about them considering to change the Rubys from +dmg to +IAS

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 2:03:36 AM PST
"I also remember reading something about them considering to change the Rubys from +dmg to +IAS "

They were saying that it will benefit those who focus on IAS more than the crit damage from emeralds will...

but the rubies are all still worthless in weapons ACCEPT for the final one. It does +130... while the one befor eit does +22... seems odd.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 3:19:24 AM PST
Riyoshi says:
Ah ok, seems I misinterpreted that one ^^.
But even the 130+ sucks, 110% will always be better then 130 straight damage (except for lower level chars, which will rush through the lower diffciculties with ease now). Can't really understand their reasoning, but whatever. :p

Oh and does anyone know what kind of perfect gem is needed for the new craftable gear?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 3:40:40 AM PST
Perfect Square. The one above the ones you can pick up, so not hard to get.

As for the Red Gem, there are builds where the red gem can be mroe useful. For instances my hydra Spell cannot crit... so the emerald gem is useless for them. Plus if you have an abundance of +X% Elemental Damage on your items, flat damage can help more. I have +6% Fire, Ice, and Lightning added to my DPS which is only added to the "White" Damage of a weapon which the Ruby increases. I would be curious to see how much the new ruby increases/decreases anything. But i will probably never get one :p

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 4:05:29 AM PST
Riyoshi says:
Oh nice, so they are actually affordable, phew.

But I'm sure that your builds isnt mainly focusing on the hydra for damage. :p
The + Elemental isn't a good reason either, since you normaly have a build that supports the Elemental type and by the time you equip the +Elemental items, which are usually the least important on the "to get-list", your base damage should be high enough. The Thunderfist of the Monk, for instance, is always doing Lightning damage, so a +X% Lightning would increase my overall DPS including crits and not just the damage of the weapon.

The 130 can be nice if your weapon is around 300 dps or lower, since the 110% will boost it by, lets say 50% (with 45 critchance, which is easy to get). Now that I think about it, it COULD actually be viable on daggers, since the high AS will boost the gem pretty high, but is Hydra affected by ias?

But since these gems are high end, theres no point in speculating about that anyways, since you will probably be on high end gear before you get one of these gems, and since every highend gear focuses on Critchances... well, you know where this is going ^^.

I know... I'm a smartassinine :p

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 4:15:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 4:17:06 AM PST
I was trying to justify another useless red gem, don't break my enthusiasm!

They should do three things

1. Give all 2 handed weapons a chance to have 2 sockets, as well as increase the DPS of them to make them Equal to Dual Wielding or 1handed/offhand.
2. Consider Sources and Off Hand items "Weapons" for the purposes of gems
3. Make Yellow Gems IAS in weapons. (Not a lot, just a little)... who want's thorns?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 4:24:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 4:26:37 AM PST
Riyoshi says:
Sorry ^^

1. this is actually a pretty good idea, even 3 sockets would be ok to make them viable (manticore has to lose its legendary socket for that ofc :P)
2. giving them completely different stats than weapons or armor, like +ias, +cc, +lifeleech and stuff like that would allow a better item variety i guess
3. yeah, the thorns really suck

Btw. have you ever tried using a Manticore? Its pretty common and cheap with 2 sockets and with a nice int roll it could be viable...i guess. I don't have a sorc so I don't really know how much the offhand items affect you.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 4:26:07 AM PST
J. says:
Wonder what mp will become "most efficient" for farming xp?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 5:23:57 AM PST
The only problem with this is... (with the manticore idea) A lot of a wizards power comes from things like +Max AP, and +Arcane Power on crit (The latter being a HUGE boost) And losing wand and offhand would leave us with just the helm sadly. I suppose with an amazing roll it could be viable.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 5:38:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 5:39:45 AM PST
J. says:
Can wizards use xbows?

I took a look at some cheap Mantis with WD skills, and they just weren't worth it over my Skorn.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 6:11:45 AM PST
Any class can use Xbows I believe. it's only the 1handed Xbows we can't use. Only DHs get those.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:34:11 AM PST
I love how powerful my Skorn is, just a shame its so damn slow....and no life steal on mine. =(

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:01:19 AM PST
So I got an Amulet Recipie. Dexterity.

Crafted it.... sad it was on the PTR:

250 Dex
150 Vit (something like that)
LOH + 800
Crit Rate +8.5%
Crit Damage + 85%
12% Life

For a WIZARD that was a 15k DPS upgrade for me and I have a powerful amulet already.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:12:14 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Now that is a wonderful roll.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:13:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 11:13:39 AM PST
And it's Crafted!

So you can Craft some nice things.

Mats are simple. 1 Demonic Essence, 1 Brimstone, 1 Perfect (Insert Gem type to match amulet here)

Now when i get a legendary it's not "oooh it's a Brimstone" it's "Oh Sweet! new amulet chance'!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:13:15 AM PST
Very nice find.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:13:36 AM PST
So you can use a ruby for strength?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:14:46 AM PST
Ruby = Str, Topaz = Int, Amethyst = Vit, Emerald = Dex.

but you need the Recipes as well, you only get one at a time. I specifically found the recipe for the Dex Amulet. I can't make the other three.

It is a nice find too bad i will never get to sell it.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:18:18 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
How are the Drops on Demonic Essence? What do you feel they compare to: Pots, Tomes, Rares?

Is the 400% recipe drop increase noticeable?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:30:31 AM PST
AmbientGreen says:
That's effin' awesome. Wow!

So many great possibilities now, and like you said, when you see a brimstone now that sucker is going to be crafted. Great stuff.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:39:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 11:45:28 AM PST
J. says:
Wow, nice ammy!

Hopefully you didn't just blow your nice roll for the month :p

In other news:

Turns out WD's are dueling champs. Wizards with Storm Armor, and DH's with legacy Nats are also very effective.

Crowd control heavy builds and proc builds (stun/freeze/etc) will be very popular (and annoying).

I'm also reading that Monks can he very effective, as well. But they, along with Barbs, are more dependant on cooldowns.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:47:55 AM PST
For a monk (such as myself), that would probably help a lot.....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:55:35 AM PST
Yes it's noticable, I got 3 recipies not related to the new patch. was nice.

Also the Demonic Essences drop at a fair rate. Not rare but not common either. I would say I can get about 5 in an hour or so then I kill Ghom for a chance at a recipe. There are some 24 now to collect!

Love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:56:39 AM PST
AmbientGreen says:
This can be yours, for the low, low price of JUST 250 million gold pieces! On a serious note, I do wonder how much that would sell for in the open market right now. Anybody?

I haven't had my finger on the pulse of the economy in a while.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  735
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions