Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Spike VGA Nominations

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 109 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:56:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 8:59:33 PM PST
Ha, I remember this clip.

What a disgrace to Video Games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:57:07 PM PST
DVvM says:
And *that's* saying something!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:57:36 PM PST
Sorry, I don't get your response.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:58:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 9:26:41 PM PST
DVvM says:
If something is a disgrace to fine art or literature, then it can still be pretty good.

If something is a disgrace to video games, however...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:04:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 9:05:50 PM PST
In what way, shape, or form is a show that references things like Bob Dylan, The Big Lebowski, The Tell-Tale Heart, and The Life Aquatic while being morally educational/accessible, funny, well-written, superbly animated, full of fan service, and delightfully scored right up the alley of a hack pop idol who squanders his potential because he can get by on his looks?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:22:47 PM PST
Speaking of which, I just started playing Uncharted this week.

That said, Nolan North already wins at least one award every year. He may be the only voice actor to ever have an award named after him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:24:04 PM PST
I didn't see it last year. I read a few articles about it, though, and I was glad I didn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:24:24 PM PST
MY EYES!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:26:00 PM PST
Anthony says:
you realize you reacted exactly the way i wanted you to, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:26:19 PM PST
I downvoted this. Not necessarily because I disagree with anything you've said about MLP, but because you said that Bieber squanders his potential. This implies that he HAS potential.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:30:26 PM PST
The obvious implication being that games are not fine art. Let's not get into that. Again.

I mean, there are plenty of books that could be considered a "disgrace" to literature. But no one says Fifty Shades of Grey brings down the culture of books as a whole. Plenty of people argue that things like Call of Juarez: The Cartel, the Tomb Raider rape scene, the Hitman: Absolution trailer, and the Anita Sarkeesian incident all reflect poorly upon video games and gamers as a whole.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:30:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 9:33:54 PM PST
Nah, I asked out a really cute female friend (who happens to be a nerdy pegasister) to see Wreck -It-Ralph, but she's visiting her dad for thanksgiving, so I've just been pissed/dumb as s/&* for the past few days over not asking her earlier. =T

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:32:47 PM PST
DVvM says:
I mean, I once paid money for a ticket to see "Kung Fu Hamlet". That was unquestionably a disgrace to Shakespeare, but it was also a hell of a good time.

I'm mostly just saying that the bar for video games is set pretty low since this is an extremely populist medium. Very few games exist that really demand something from the user on an intellectual level. This is fine, but it does mean that if you're disgracing the medium, you're stooping awfully low.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:33:28 PM PST
LMAO, I had to see never say never with my lil sis, but that movie made it clear that he has talent for music. He just doesn't utilize it whatsoever in his career.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:36:16 PM PST
Wait...

Shakespeare? Kung-Fu?

*Goes to Google immediately *

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:39:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 9:40:24 PM PST
DVvM says:
If you get a chance, go see it: http://www.kungfuhamlet.com/

The script was translated from Elizabethan English, to Chinese, and then back to English (poorly).

The entire play is dubbed, with the actors lip synching (badly).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:46:08 PM PST
Anthony says:
that sounds worse than the version of Hamlet with Ethan Hawke. had to write an essay comparing the play with a movie version, and that was the only version left. spent the entire paper blasting the movie about how awful it was. didn't help that i hated the play in the first place. still got a B on it, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:48:32 PM PST
I get that. It's just that the same seems to be true for all entertainment media. The vast majority of games don't require much thought or intellectual engagement. The same can be said of movies, books, music, etc.

That said, this industry DOES have some amazing lows!

I'm curious how the Tropes vs. Women thing is coming along. Definitely looking forward to that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:49:21 PM PST
Ouch. The best film adaptations of Shakespeare have to be the ones by Kenneth Branagh.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:50:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 9:55:10 PM PST
Does the Video Game medium have a game as bad as Bio-Dome? Or Manos, the Hands of Fate?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:51:46 PM PST
I can tell from the video that Kung Fu Hamlet sounds like it will be great fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:53:45 PM PST
Shaq-Fu?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:53:59 PM PST
Haha, sounds awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:54:21 PM PST
Touché.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:55:49 PM PST
Well, I meant on a narrative level.

I still think Resident Evil has a better narrative than F********* Bio-Dome
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Dozens Killed in Mass Stabbing at Facility for the Disabled in Japan 82 15 seconds ago
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 391 19 seconds ago
Game Series Besides Gears Of War That Need To End... 24 20 seconds ago
Nintendo nx is a portable console with detachable controllers 109 1 minute ago
Almost two decades later, I'm finally playing Final Fantasy VII 3 1 minute ago
Former Sony exec Adam Boyes joins indie dev Iron Galaxy as CEO 10 1 minute ago
PS3 online play 3 2 minutes ago
The 2nd half of the year gaming torrent begins..... Tomorrow 20 13 minutes ago
Whatever Else May Happen, This is Will Always Be the Weekly Gaming Thread for July 25-29, 2016 50 18 minutes ago
12 Games in 12 Months 2016-2017 edition 274 20 minutes ago
Game sequels that you wanted to see that never made it... 89 20 minutes ago
OT: Anti-Semitism runs rampant in the Democratic Party as Hank Johnson compares Jews in Israel to "termites" 67 20 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  109
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions