Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Recap

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 89 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2012 3:12:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 3:14:29 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
What did you do this weekend?

I went to see The Hobbit and it was fantastic! I don't know what boring parts people were talking about because it was pretty action packed from beginning to end. I can't wait for part two! Yahoo is also reporting that financially, it's the best release in the franchise, and the best December release EVER! Great news there.

Gaming wise, I'm trying to put the finishing touches on Infamous 2, but the game is starting to get very boring. Boring like the first game got which is why I didn't finish that game. Cole dies too easily in these games while the enemies take too many hits to bring down. I'm just talking about the normal enemies here. I may just skip this game all together. I love Sly, but it's been so hard for me to finish an Infamous game.

Other than Infamous:

I got to the rafters in Anor Londo in Dark Souls, but I can't cross it for some reason, I keep falling off. That's not fun there.

I picked up Angry Birds Star Wars HD too for a buck and played that a lot. Got half way through the Death Star level with nearly every level getting 3 stars.

Rough weekend for gaming for me.

Also, why is SSF, the free PS+ one, 18 freakin' gigs? They can't compress that down, like, a lot? I wanted to download it to try it out, but didn't waste my time instead I went for KoF XIII which was only like 2-3 gigs.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 4:01:15 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
Halo 4 MP on Friday
Blops 2 MP and Zombies in saturday
Lego LoTR and Blops 2 on Sunday

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 4:06:33 AM PST
Digging in to Playstation All-Star Battle Royale. Despite the bland presentation the game handles well. Took a few spins online with my wife and we had a blast. Then there was the obligatory Rock Band 3.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 4:53:05 AM PST
Lots of Hawken.

Played some SR3, which is funny but not great.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 4:57:09 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Fixed my laptop.
Played Dark Souls, Demons Souls, Persona 4 Golden, and Krater.
Mostly domestic stuff otherwise.
Starting ten days of hourly bridges today (just finished ten days of hourly push ups)...five hours minimum each day on top of my normal routine. Gets to be brutal after a few days, lol.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 4:57:18 AM PST
Riviera: The Promised Land
Suikoden III
Far Cry 2 ... yes .. I am trying for the last time to play this one before I start 3. I know they have nothing to do with each other story wise. I'm just anal.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:03:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 5:03:49 AM PST
I planned on trying out some other games but instead played nothing but LoL all weekend.

Almost a lvl 24 now.

Grilled on Friday (ribeye steaks, giant scallops, and asparagus) and yesterday (split chicken breasts, sirloin burgers, peppercorn beef tenderloin).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:08:33 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I do the same thing most of the time. That's why I'm trying to struggle through RE4 before playing 5 and then 6 (6 being the only one, based on the demos of 5 and 6, that I really like). Although I didn't do that with Infamous 1. I just gave up on that game, as I'm about to give up on 2. It's just not a fun series, IMO.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:12:35 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Blops 2 double XP all weekend.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:28:25 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Finished up halo 4 campaign then nothing but halo 4 MP. Leveled up to 23.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:44:44 AM PST
Prankster says:
Played a crapload of FIFA 12 Friday night. Then my friends came over on Saturday and we played FIFA 12 the whole night too. Playing with 3 controllers and being on the same side is absolutely chaotic. We lost all our matches :P

On Sunday, I got my 360 back, so I wanted to start the Triple Pack but realized I had lent it to my brother-in-law so I will pick it up this week and begin playing that soon. I also got a copy of BioShock 2 for that so I probably won't upgrade to PS+ for now.

Also, I have my copies of Mass Effect 2, Dead Island and Max Payne 3 with me now. I'm so happy I am spoiled for choices right now.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:13:04 AM PST
FOGE says:
Played a good chunk of Spec Ops: The Line and Blops2 MP. Then nothing but Mass Effect 2. Got obsessed with it just like i thought I would. I am about 12 hours or so in. Just finished the Ghost of the Father mission for Jacob. Pretty crazy emotional mission.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:14:21 AM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
Skyrim owns me again!! It is all I played. There was so much content I never touched on my original playthrough (some by choice - some because of bugs).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:17:48 AM PST
How would you compare The hobbit to the LOTR series? I am super freaking excited for it as it was the favorite book of my as a kid. Did they do it justice?

Played some Black Ops 2 Single player finally.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:23:54 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I enjoyed The Hobbit way more than I was expecting to.

I played a good chunk of AssLib (surprise bonus location - I thought this was just New Orleans and the Bayou!) and not much else. I tried out the 3 mini-games that came with the Journey Collection with a buddy. Gravedigger was fun, the other two were a bit lame.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:25:26 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It's great. It fits right in with LotR. They got every single character to reprise their roles while adding in new characters that are both great and prove to be just as finely tuned as the major LotR characters. It's not so much a sequel/prequel issue as it is just a continuation of the franchise, like they never left. It's incredible.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:25:48 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Wrapped up Gravity Rush - very fun game.
Worked on Dishonored - ugh.
Started Rochard - not bad.
Got to the final boss in Outland - fun but also very hard.
Started Uncharted: Golden Abyss - pretty fun and I like the new side games/mechanics, but I'm not sure it controls as well as the console outings. Still, liking it quite a bit.

All in all, I got in a LOT of gaming.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:26:59 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I wasn't a fan of Dishonored either. It was a fun enough game, but I didn't really like the stealth too much and the game's visuals made me nauseous.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:28:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 6:28:57 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Finished Farcry 3 - really brilliant game

Got back into Virtues Last Reward, just about 30 hours in now, and getting towards the end I think, but still have a lot left uncovered, getting a little frustrated with it; though the story is excellent.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:29:00 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
The focus on stealth is just killing it for me. I know lots say "well just go crazy" but I've played 75% of the game as stealth and switching gears is proving to be kinda hard.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:29:26 AM PST
OP says:
Didn't get in as much game time as I had hope, but managed to finish the main story of Batman Arkham City. Still need to complete the last Catwoman mission.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:29:34 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Persona 4 Golden
I beat the fourth dungeon and am in August in the game.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:35:26 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:56 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:56:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 6:57:21 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Did almost no gaming whatsoever. Played about half an hour of Halo 4 MP last night, and that was it.

I went and saw The Hobbit on Saturday morning. It was good. I liked it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:57:00 AM PST
That's pretty amazing to hear! So excited to see it this weekend.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9d342444)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  89
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions