Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

"Deus Ex: Human Defiance" Trademarked Filed by Square Enix

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 50 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 27, 2013 4:17:18 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
http://www.gamrreview.com/news/89819/deus-ex-human-defiance-trademarked-filed-by-square-enix/

Could Square Enix be planning a follow-up to 2011's Deus Ex: Human Revolution? If their recent trademark filing is any indication, they just may well be.

The folks over at the NeoGAF forums have noticed that Square Enix has filed a trademark for "Deus Ex: Human Defiance" earlier today. Deus Ex: Human Revolution, of course, was in fact a prequel to the original Deus Ex, so could a potential follow-up be set in the same timeframe as Human Revolution?

Of course, that depends if there even IS a sequel. Companies often file trademarks as a means to protecting catchy titles from competitors, and this could just be one of those instances. Still, Deus Ex: Human Revolution met both critical and commercial success when it released in 2011, and 2013/14 seems about the right amount of time for a sequel to come out. With E3 right around the corner, could we see some sort of announcement soon? We'll just have to wait and see.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 4:30:58 AM PST
elect Tron says:
Fingers crossed!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 4:51:21 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
This would be a great next gen title.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 4:51:33 AM PST
Facelord says:
Gosh, I really hope we get more Deus Ex goodness, preferably for the PS4 and other next-gen systems. I love the series to death, but I kinda quit PC gaming a year or so ago and I'd rather be able to play the next Deus Ex game at 1080p(like I did with Human Revolution). As vol Tron said, fingers crossed.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 4:59:31 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
iPad game.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 5:24:22 AM PST
Damn right it would be a great next gen title. Hopefully they take their time and make another great game.

as great as the last game was there were definitely some rough edges (and not just the bosses) and polished out with somewhat better ballance.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 5:40:40 AM PST
FOGE says:
Please be a sequel and not DLC!!! I loved Human Revolution.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 5:41:32 AM PST
It seems a little late for DLC.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 5:43:39 AM PST
Jack Shandy says:
Shouldn't they finish Thief 4 first?

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 5:45:10 AM PST
This would be great. There are only a few things that need to be fixed. Chief among them is to make sure that the whole game can be played in your desired style. I loved going through the game using stealth and not killing, but the boss battles always ruined that style. It felt so out of character for my guy to be filling a guy full of holes after spending hours sneaking around and finding non-lethal ways to get through.

Would be like Batman pulling out a rocket launcher and shooting Joker in the face.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 5:46:17 AM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah, when did that game come out? 2010?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 5:48:36 AM PST
August 2011. Still, that's a long way off to try to sell DLC since many people have long since traded in their game and you don't want to wait that long to sell DLC.

Well Skyrim seems to be able to wait that long but...well it's Skyrim.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 5:50:28 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Human Revolution was one of the best games released this gen. I'll preorder the sequel as soon as they officially announce it.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 6:05:55 AM PST
Voice of god says:
I can see the series now:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Deus Ex: Human Defiance
Deus Ex: Human Dissidence
Deus Ex: Human Recalcitrance
Deus Ex: Human Iconoclasm
Deus Ex: Human Truculence

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 6:07:12 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
*was hoping for a Rick Roll*

*is now disappointed*

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 6:16:26 AM PST
If that means five more game as good as the first, I am in...

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 7:18:47 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Not crazy about the title, but more Deus Ex will be awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 9:00:25 AM PST
Hell yes.

The Singularity is coming. Again.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 9:02:03 AM PST
I do admit I hope it's next gen...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 9:47:35 AM PST
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain I, as the player at least, didn't kill anyone save for the last boss since I couldn't find a way to NOT do it. The rest of them I didn't technically kill, but got them to kill themselves without firing a single shot. Took a lot of patience, and energy items for cloaking, but it still felt like an odd sort of accomplishment.

Though I understand that some people would like to be able to have completely non-lethal options, like with Zeke, and I would be entirely behind, that if they give it to us.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 9:54:35 AM PST
Yeah, I would like a game that would actually allow you to talk your way out of a boss battle.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 10:10:16 AM PST
I really did enjoy talking Zeke down and trying to figure out how to appeal to him to get him to let the hostage go. More of that would be great. At the same time, I think I would be skeptical if EVERY boss battle allowed for that particular type of non-lethal resolution. It would feel like my Awesome McCooldude character suddenly became Dr. Phil. I definitely do want more though, and done in more ways.

For example, you could go the Zeke route and appeal to honor and a higher sense of purpose and whatnot for someone. Maybe through sleuthing around you find out that boss guy #3's daughter, who he was attacking people for revenge over, was actually alive and well and you could use that info to get him to back down. Something exactly like that would be a bit cliche, sure, but it's an ok starting block to expanding exploration and side quests, and then giving us an actual benefit from them, instead of just some credits and a thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 10:34:08 AM PST
Exactly. They could make it an option, but you would need to have certain information. They could make it to where you can found out certain facts and use those to talk the person down. You would have to have the correct responses to certain queries made by the enemy. If you answer correctly, you avoid the fight. One wrong answer and the battle begins.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 10:45:38 AM PST
Something like that could also make hacking much more worthwhile. Most of the terminals were kind of useless, or just provided passwords to things you could easily hack into anyway. If they gave out tidbits of info that could be put together for boss situations, then it could make it more appealing.

For my cliche example, maybe you're in some gang hideout and when hacking into computers you keep finding mention of some girl. On one computer you find info on how she was kidnapped, maybe another hints at where she is currently, another is a status report on her health or something. It initially all seems like useless chatter, until you get to the boss area. Hack something in there and maybe you see a conversation between two guys talking about how the boss man is all mad because someone mentioned his missing daughter. Put two and two together and you get the option of trying to use that info to talk him down. It could even work against you. Maybe you only hacked one terminal and found out about a kidnapped girl, you bring that up to the boss and maybe he just gets angrier and suddenly you have a harder fight on your hands.

If Square did something like that, day 1 for me without hesitation.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 10:56:30 AM PST
You hit the nail on the head. That was exactly what I was going for. You'd have the option to try and talk him down, but the result of failure would be a tougher battle. You wouldn't be told exactly how to respond or what information is important, you'd have to use what you have found. Kind of like the interrogations in LA Noire. You have to decipher a bit yourself, it isn't just hand fed to you.

I really like this idea...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
On the Kinsey scale of 1(lowest) to 6(highest), how Gay are you? 7 25 minutes ago
OT: Conservatives Hurt the Economy Once Again: Global stocks tumble after Britain votes to leave the EU 14 52 minutes ago
Need a new HDMI cord? Amazon is having a great sale right now. 3 1 hour ago
The M M Romance forum is on Amazon's most active community forums list, but the F F Romance forum is not 2 1 hour ago
2-Years of Playstation Plus $65! 32 1 hour ago
Why ReCore is a $40 Game 45 1 hour ago
Nintendo NX - Might Actually Go Back to Cartridges? 73 2 hours ago
Rumor: Activision bringing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron to PS4 according to Taiwan ratings board 2 2 hours ago
Weekend gaming 06/24 - 06/26: Obama criticisizes publication of top fast food in conjunction with E3 conference. "We already have an obesity epidemic, the last thing I need is Phil Spencer encouraging people to shovel down Chick Fil A waffle fries." 38 2 hours ago
8 new games added to X1 BC 4 2 hours ago
Steam sale: Whadya bouyin'? 61 2 hours ago
PSN flash sale incoming today 74 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  50
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions