Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Gaming Recap 3/8 - 3/10

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 70 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 11, 2013 2:47:46 AM PDT
How was everyone's weekend?

As I predicted, I didn't get much time in, but I did get good quality over quantity i suppose.

Saturday night me and my friend played an Epic game of MLB the Show 12. I gave up 1 run in the first because I didn't turn off the pitch locator and after that i pitched 12 shutout innings. I didn't get on the board until the 7th when I jacked one into left field. Then I hit a walk off homer in the bottom of the 13th inning. Won 2-1
We also played Madden 12 and I got the last trophy I needed

Other than that a few minutes of Pokemon here or there.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 2:50:47 AM PDT
Prankster says:
Quite an early thread.

I put in about 10-11 hours into Mass Effect 2 over the weekend. Fun times. I finished the Overlord DLC in between story missions. I've recruited the first batch of contacts The Illusive Man gave me except for The Krogan. I'm in between that mission now and I am really liking how my team is shaping up.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 4:43:23 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
XCOM and Dungeon Defenders

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 4:51:56 AM PDT
Went on a ski weekend so there was lots of fun but no video games.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 4:52:34 AM PDT
Peter Faden says:
Finished the Golden Cat in Dishonored, played absolutely nothing else. Watched the Following and Psych. Busy RL weekend otherwise.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 4:54:47 AM PDT
I started Persona 3 FES. I have the psp version, but decided to play it through at least once with all the cut scenes.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 5:00:59 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
skiing is great. i bought a new pair of skis to go to colorado last year. this year, the places in PA don't even compare. i couldn't get myself to go once this winter. i'll have to make a trip out to CO next year.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 5:01:40 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Skyrim. That's it. Tomb Raider never showed up, thanks a lot Best Buy, and I have no idea when/if it will. Now they are telling me that the game has until the 14th to reach me before they can send a replacement copy. It's a joke. Eff Best Buy.

Back to Skyrim: I'm doing the main quest, I'm level 13, and two of the DLC packs finally opened up to me at level 10: Dawnguard and Dragonborn. I'm trying to knock out the main quest, then do the faction quests. I'm working with the Blades now.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:06:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2013 5:07:39 AM PDT
new Tron says:
Played quite a bit of Sleeping Dogs. I'm still undecided about this game. While there's nothing really wrong with it, I'm having a hard time shaking a "been there, done that" feeling about the game. I'm gonna stick with it and see if that changes, otherwise I'll move onto something else.

Also played some Dungeon Defenders with Weaken. Awesome times!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 5:06:59 AM PDT
I've never skiied out west but I hear it's great. Went to Mount Snow in VT and it was warm enough that people were skiing in shorts.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 5:07:43 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
The last game with such an in depth melee system, for me, was Shenmue. Seems like every other game just wants you to shoot it out. This game, guns are pretty rare to come by. Of course, I have no idea how it was for the other True Crime games, as I thought those games looked really lame and I never played them.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 5:13:06 AM PDT
new Tron says:
I'm not sure why the combat system just isn't doing it for me. It seems like it was going for the Arkham-type thing, but it just feels a bit clunky. It's just attack/grapple, and counter if someone flashes red. I realize that this system, as well as the shooting, is a huge step up from what GTA has ever brought to the table, but it still hasn't really done much for me in terms of gripping gameplay.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 5:20:54 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
most notable thing i did was beat Tomb Raider. loved it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 5:22:19 AM PDT
Based on the demo, game was similar to Yakuza series. Hong Kong will just have to wait for me.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:31:33 AM PDT
R. J. Gutt says:
Some Rainbow Moon and many hours of Risen. I'm on the last chapter in Risen, level 24. I am 25% through the final chapter.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:34:40 AM PDT
I got some major xenoblade time in this weekend. Got to the point where *mini spoiler* shulk gets the monado and starts hacking away at the invading mechon...plus a ton of little sidequests...lovin this game so far

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 5:35:22 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
hope you had a good birthday weekend buddy.

i played a bunch of Ni No Kuni and Spec ops the line, along with a little pokemon white v2 (just trying to level up my starting 6 before the 4th badge), and a little blops 2 MP.

Ni No Kuni is getting to the point where it is hard to put down. just started metamorphizing some of my familiars to the final tier. started Spec ops the line this weekend as well. trying to take down my ps+ backlog little by little. made it to chapter 10 last night, gotta be close to 11.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:37:04 AM PDT
Chunk says:
Mass Effect 1 for me. Got in a few hours on Saturday and about an hour last night. I'm still pretty early in the game. That's what I will be doing all week also.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:44:30 AM PDT
Callahan says:
Finished Majin and The Forsaken Kingdom finally. Did not get much game time this weekend. Going to start The Walking Dead.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:48:40 AM PDT
Emily Sedai says:
Not much time this weekend unfortunately... I played through the Unfinished Swan, cute game :) Other than that, I started playing Wild Arms on the Vita, and like it so far... has a fun early FF feeling to it ;)

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:54:24 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
Played some Naruto Storm 3 but stopped to catch up on the anime, my wife will kill me if I play the story before we watch it.

Made a lot of progress in Dark Souls, I finally got to Anor Londo. Sen's Fortress was just awful, I hope I never have to go back there.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 5:56:12 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
You'll be back there. Chances are you missed all the Titanite Demons on the floor, and you're going to need those Titanite Chunks for weapon crafting. Plus, if it was your first time through, there is a chance that you left Big Hat Logan sitting in his cell.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 6:01:08 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
I finished the Tomb Raider single player, which was amazing! I gave the multiplayer a shot and was a bit disappointed. Curse that level 60 trophy.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 6:01:48 AM PDT
Nicos says:
Got a ton of gaming in due to extra time off of work and my weekend plans falling through.

Completely finished Far Cry 3. Hoyt was such a let down after Vass :(
Played the DmC: Vergil's Downfall DLC. Combat was excellent. I loved his move set. The story brings him back more in line with his old Devil May Cry self and pretty much sets up the sequel.
Played and finished Bloodforge. :/
Started up Dust.
Played both some DCUO and Blacklight Retribution (when I could. Friggin Blacklight servers)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 6:01:54 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
i need to go back to this game. its been years since ive last played. the last thing i remember doing is taking out the boss with the bells around the edge of the battlegrounds.

my favorite part about this game is the save points. they are everywhere.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  70
Initial post:  Mar 11, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions