Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Ubisoft wasn't sure it was possible to beat ZombiU's survival mode until a few days before completion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2012 4:07:53 AM PST
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-asks/Iwata-asks-ZombiU/ZombiU/1-Two-Zombis-And-U/1-Two-Zombis-And-U-676539.html

<snip>

Iwata: In a way, they're increasing their skill levelbygaining knowledge and hands-on experience. Xavier: Exactly. Although, I should add that up to a few days before work on the game was finished, we still didn't know whether it was possible to complete Survival mode to begin with. Iwata: What? Are you serious? (Laughs) Xavier: I think it must have been only two or three days before we finished work on the game before anyone made it all the way to the end. In the bug database for Survival mode, someone had reported the funniest bug that I'd ever seen in all my life as a developer, saying that the game is too hard and can't be finished. (Laughs)

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 4:36:53 AM PST
Aku says:
I still get my ass kicked whenever more than two zombies show up, so survival mode is out of the question for me.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 10:47:14 PM PST
Nicos says:
wow, what terrible developers. "we don't even know if this works" wow. No wonder this game was a critical failure.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 11:15:17 PM PST
I got $5 on it being $5 in 5 months.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 11:18:17 PM PST
Yung says:
Agreed

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 11:26:16 PM PST
Joshua C says:
I think more games need a borderline-unbeatable survival mode.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:15:02 AM PST
Fullme7al says:
I just passed the arena part on survival mode. I saved and called it a night. I've had so many close calls. I need to tighten down on my cricket bat and not get hit when there's not reason for me to. I get too anxious and swing early and a zombie then punches me.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:40:51 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
I'm proud to say I beat survival mode

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:36:42 PM PST
There's a huge difference between something not working and something being difficult. Survivor mode was designed to be hard as hell so it does work. No where does it say the mode didn't work, he says he wasn't sure if the mode could be beaten because it presented that much of a challenge.

Learn to read.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:23:09 PM PST
KrisCo says:
Ubisoft wasn't sure if it was possible to have more than 1 melee item.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:27:28 PM PST
R. Typo says:
This is one of those games that you have to try really hard to like, talking yourself into it, and rationalizing it with all manner of bizarre reasoning.

If this was called ZombiE and multi-plat, no one would have bought it. Thank goodness for that upper case U.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:34:28 PM PST
DVvM says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:41:17 PM PST
Joshua C says:
It's my opinion that things like Survival Mode, or "Nightmare" difficulty, etc... should be borderline impossible to beat. You should have to be at peak skill level to make your way through it, and it should be a challenge even AT that skill level.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:48:25 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
You just had to go around and patronize him at the end huh? lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:07:28 PM PST
What in the heck are you talking about? Regardless of how Ubisoft spelled the title or what platform it released on I would have happily picked it up. It's actually a really good survival horror title.

I'm really curious how many of the haters out there have actually played it or simply saw the piss poor review scores and are going off those.

@ everRed

Well if you can't even properly quote something that is from four sentences (Xavier), one of which was a single word, you really need to learn how to read because no where does he say they weren't sure if it worked. Besides Survival Mode is an optional mode meant to challenge players who are looking for that challenge. The standard mode is still there and can be beaten no matter how many times you die.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:08:41 PM PST
DVvM says:
This game was getting 8s and 9s from the publications I actually read. Those are good scores.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:16:08 PM PST
But it got a 4.5 from Gamespot so it has to be a bad game right? Clearly if it was a good game it would have gotten good review scores across the board because each and every one of us share the same opinion, enjoy the same games, and we all think alike right?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:28:42 PM PST
Nicos says:
i'm sorry your bosses yelled at you because you almost shipped a broken game

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:38:18 PM PST
Wow you are truly clever aren't ya? Man how am I going to recover from that zinger? What's next a Metacritic number? Oh no I don't know what I'm going to do beyond going back to enjoying my games. I'm sure a well spoken individual like yourself will continue to enlighten the masses about games you haven't played and what sort of quality they have.

QQ some more, I'm sure there will be another FPS out here soon with regenerating health and check points all over the place so you can squeak through on easy.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:59:45 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Holy crabby Batman!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 12:44:07 PM PST
Sparhawk says:
You mean like Batman Beyond: Season One (DC Comics Classic Collection) ?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
16 minutes of Dragon Age: Inquisition 50 7 minutes ago
[You are ignoring the Sonymite that started this discussion.] 0 12 minutes ago
Destiny Beta: Go Confirm Your Platform/Region! 52 13 minutes ago
Eff game$top aka lamestop and your anti consumerism regarding wanting to pay publishers for exclusive gamestop only retail content!!! 0 27 minutes ago
Diddy Kong Racing 2 by Retro? 26 30 minutes ago
OT: We should invade North Korea and save the North Korean people. 44 36 minutes ago
Uncharted Trilogy PS4 remaster hinted at by Sony 116 36 minutes ago
Would you date a girl... 6 36 minutes ago
Fact: Nintendo is best this gen. 29 37 minutes ago
XBL sale on 360 games starting 06/08 (No Gold sub needed) 66 48 minutes ago
Xbots, Embrace The Mobile Market! 0 49 minutes ago
Microsoft CEO talks about selling off Xbox brand 105 49 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions