Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Things we would like to have in Dark Souls 2.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 45 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 5:12:51 AM PST
Something similar to the world tendencies in Demon's Souls. I miss where Atlus would make the worlds more difficult with a higher reward or easier with less souls obtained. Also, how they made certain events only accessable during those extreme times.

On PC, do away with GFWL. There have been a couple of people I know, either on here or elsewhere, that have had issues with that platform. Also, don't lock the resolution and cap the framerate as this negates many of the pluses of gaming on PC.

Allow more than one control scheme for our controllers and KB/M(as if anyone really plays this game with KB/M). I can't count the times that I've rolled off of a mountain or into a pit when I was trying to jump over onto something else.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:16:55 AM PST
Agreed.

It will be interesting what they're planning with the server based multiplayer. That to me screams "more players in a game together", which might be a bad thing...

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:18:26 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
A fun game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:25:46 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:53 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:29:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 5:31:09 AM PST
It might be kinda interesting to throw 50 players in the same tier of level together into a huge trap-filled arena and have them all fight one another at the same time, and the final person standing gets a rare upgrade stone or something similar as a reward.

Edit: Just realized how OP magic would be in that circumstance, what with WoG or some other AoE spells.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:42:03 AM PST
I really wish they'd not cap attributes at 99. If I want to raise my STR to 200, let me do that and have my character reflect it accordingly. If I get a weapon that scales 'S' with STR, let me take it as high as I want.

Also, I would like more invasions by NPC phantoms like Mildred, Dark Knight Kirk, etc.

I like the world and character tendency events, too. But I did have to research about Mephistopheles in order to get that quest, so maybe so more in-game info would be helpful.

I also loved playing through the tutorial in DeSouls...trying to beat the Vanguard was a great challenge and a lot of fun, IMO.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:43:03 AM PST
new Tron says:
I'm OK with them "streamlining" certain things to make the game more accessible. Sure, lots of the mystery may not be there, but IMO that won't break the game.

What I feel they can't change is the difficulty curve and how the game forces the player to master it. These games are the most gratifying games of this console gen, and as long as this third game keeps that key element in place, I think it'll be a winner.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:38:51 AM PST
Only thing I would like to see is an actual match making system, If I want to co-op through it with some friends just let me, we shouldn't have to find some secluded spot and throw down signs for several minutes until we get lucky and manage to hook up and let us chat while playing so we can stratagize. Other than this everything else is great.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:46:04 AM PST

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:05:48 AM PST
Sars says:
make the back stab window a lot smaller

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:12:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 8:20:12 AM PST
I think that Dark Souls is perfect as it is, the only thing they could improve on is how they match invaders/co-opers up with other players.

I do NOT want a separate matchmaking option for PvP, doing such would make it a completely different game. Walking into an area and seeing "You have been invaded" in blood red is an exhilarating event that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:18:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 8:18:56 AM PST
Chris... says:
You all should check out the Dark Souls 2 rewind trailer on IGN. They point out some interesting things about the trailer and they even speculate that this could be a Dark Souls prequel. I think the devs already pointed out that this would take place in a new world but the things the IGN guys mention with their prequel speculation is very intriguing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:19:41 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Things I would like in Dark Souls 2.....
Needs to be a linear action adventure game with guns.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:20:39 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
And multiplayer with killstreaks. Gotta have multiplayer with killstreaks.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:22:24 AM PST
John McClane says:
Enable voice chat.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:23:35 AM PST

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:26:06 AM PST
Sars says:
I heard they are having dedicated servers to

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:30:56 AM PST
1. Ability to import my Dark Souls character into Dark Souls 2.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:33:04 AM PST
SMH says:
I'd like more story.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:41:44 AM PST
But you can already play it co-op, it just takes a few more agravating minutes to set it up. If they only wanted you to be able to play it alone then they wouldn't have included the option to invite other players to join you.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:55:33 AM PST
You can only co-op until the next boss, then you have to link up again. This game was designed for random co-op...in other words, you have no idea what you might get. IMO, that makes it more fun. I had a guy join my game the other night and he knocked me off the top plank in Sen's and I died. So I put my sign down, he summoned me and I repaid the favor :)

He later sent me a message that he didn't mean to kill me, but he thought it was funny that I'd gotten him back. Now he's on my friend's list.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 9:11:52 AM PST
Sars says:
lmao thats funny

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 9:53:57 AM PST
That would be a great moment to have the channelers trident equiped so you can even do a little dance.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:07:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 10:07:55 AM PST
Funny you should say that, Daft...I'm not sure you saw me post this previously: One time, I invaded someone with my female character wearing only the Xanthous Crown (the huge yellow beehive looking thing) and her 'bra and panties'. When I appeared in their world, I bowed. When they bowed, I did the Channeler's Dance, dropped a dung pie, and left. Later, I got a message "WTF? Hahahaha."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:26:17 AM PST
Add a REAL jump if you plan to allow us to jump. I'm sorry, the whole "oh its better because its harder" is total BS. Honestly the whole "jumping" thing is the only thing in DS that I think was just pure bad design on From's part. Either allow us to jump, or dont, but this whole you can jump kind of if you get lucky or master spinning around in a circle really fast thing is really stupid.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions