Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

No Nintendo Tvii at Wii U Launch

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 8:50:18 AM PST
R. Greer says:
Arrives in December

http://www.examiner.com/article/nintendo-tvii-coming-december-for-wii-u-other-video-apps-weeks-ahead

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:51:33 AM PST
Keller says:
I couldn't possibly be less interesting in general about TV, muchless Tvii. But thanks for the link.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:54:25 AM PST
R. Greer says:
This is one of the things I was very excited to try. I guess I will be waiting a little longer. I really don't mind to wait as long as they get it right and it works with alot of services and DVRs.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:59:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 8:59:32 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yep, TVii is one of the really cool features of the Wii U, IMO, particularly how it consolidates all the services. Thought it was going to be a long delay for the early adopters - a month away isn't bad.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:36:39 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
bummer, i was looking forward to checking this out on Sunday. waiting wont kill me though

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:40:18 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Hey, Nintendo said it would be available at launch when they announced it the first time!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:44:02 AM PST
R. Typo says:
''We learned our lessons from the 3DS launch.''

Ha.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:47:18 AM PST
I was expecting a delay because the service won't be in Japan, just North America and Europe. Considering Nintendo is a Japan based company I figured they would focus on that market first for making sure all functions were up and running before turning to the functions that apply to other regions.

I'm a little bummed it won't be there at launch but a month isn't such a bad wait for such an awesome (and free) service. Personally I'm looking forward to trying the Gamepad out as a universal remote.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:05:20 AM PST
Ed Jones says:
The N fanbase in the comment sections of the sites reporting this story is super strong/defensive already. Weird defending a system that hasn't actually been released already. For their sake, I hope ZombiU is at least as good as L4D.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:08:38 AM PST
"For their sake, I hope ZombiU is at least as good as L4D."

You're comparing two completely different games here... Left 4 Dead is a fast paced FPS based around co-op play to survive the campaigns while ZombiU is more of a survival horror with FPS elements.

I'll be really disappointed if I boot up ZombiU and get a Left 4 Dead experience. And this is coming from someone who absolutely loves the Left 4 Dead series and owns a copy of both games on the 360 and PC.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:10:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 10:11:10 AM PST
R. Greer says:
I think they should have announced this before now, I mean it is the Friday before launch. Surely they new it would not be ready for launch.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:29:59 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
Agreed. It's not like it would hurt sales. No one's dropping their preorder over this.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions