Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

New Devil May Cry

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 48 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 5, 2013 8:19:37 AM PST
So, I've seen the much hated comments about the new Devil May Cry (DmC, if you will). After seeing some recent gameplay videos it does look promising, but I'm still going to wait it for a while. Anyone else thinking of getting this game?

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 8:21:10 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Did you play the demo? It's pretty solid.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 8:27:40 AM PST
I enjoyed the demo quite a bit.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 8:38:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2013 8:43:36 AM PST
I will check out the demo soon. I just remember so many hate comments for this game when it was announced. It does seem they tweaked it a bit since then to make it a lot more likeable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 9:10:39 AM PST
Zetirix says:
I'm on the negative side of this game because it really doesn't need to be rebooted in my opinion. The "new Dante" doesn't really do it for me, he looks too emo as compared to his original looks. There was no real closure with him and to need a new one... just "no thanks" from me. I really enjoyed the original set of games (not a big fan of Nero, either...), but full disclosure, I hadn't beat DMC 4 yet, stayed away from 2, and beat the other two.

P.S. He was awesome in Viewtiful Joe.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 9:27:28 AM PST
This is a price drop wait for me. I'm not a super duper DMC fan. (The series ... not necessarily this game)

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 9:43:43 AM PST
Scratchy says:
Loved DMC3. I played that game to death but haven't touched a DMC game since prob still won't.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 9:51:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2013 9:57:52 AM PST
I agree. I really didn't need to see the reason to reboot the entire series. I like that Ninja Theory collaborated on this. They make some good stuff. I liked Heavenly Sword and Enslaved.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 9:52:15 AM PST
Subject7 says:
I'm looking forward to it. I only played DMC4 and ended up liking Nero more than Dante, gameplay wise at least. Dante's personality was miles better than Nero's and I can see why old fans are so up in arms over this more serious take. Giving him one heck of a potty mouth certainly doesn't help either.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 10:10:25 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Played the demo a few times. The combat is decent, but I thought everything else about it was horrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 10:15:58 AM PST
I liked Nero, but I hate when game creators introduce a new protaganist out of nowhere. He's like the Raiden of Devil May Cry. Good character, but no one wants him. lOl

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 11:28:44 AM PST
Zetirix says:
You're missing out, in my opinion 3 was the best, the conflict between Dante and Virgil borders on epic.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 11:38:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2013 11:38:37 AM PST
I seriously thought Virgil was awesome. He was like the anti-Dante in every way, but his abilities still compliment Dante's. I love the part of DMC3 when they worked together. Such an awesome moment. I wanted them to bring him back some kind of way. Didn't care how. lOl

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 11:42:48 AM PST
Zetirix says:
I was actually hoping for a spin-off with Virgil, and I honestly jumped into DMC4 expecting to see him in it. Why reboot the series when you have that type of potential with Virgil and Trish?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 11:44:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2013 11:45:42 AM PST
Yeah. We just saw Virgil's sword. I blame Capcom. lOl Nuff' said.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 11:49:24 AM PST
So as someone who liked the first Devil May Cry back in the Playstation 2 days, but hated (HATED) Devil May Cry 3, is it worth picking up the HD Collection to play 3?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 11:52:19 AM PST
I own the HD Collection. It has the Special Edition version of 3 on. I'd say get it.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 11:52:28 AM PST
Fullme7al says:
I'm going to wait for a price drop on th enew DMC too. The combat was fun and everything but I fear it's still going to be a lot of the you can't move from this area until you kill everyone and destroy the camera crap. Also the villians look stupid and generic.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 11:52:29 AM PST
What I'm wondering is, who would have liked the first one but HATED the 3rd? I completely get the 2nd, as that was the one that i started the series with, but the third was like the original but with what made it great squared.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 11:52:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2013 12:12:52 PM PST
Zetirix says:
How could you hate 3 but liked 1? That's like saying you enjoyed playing 2 beyond the first hour. (I had to stop playing 2... pretend it didn't happen...)

That said, I haven't gotten the HD collection myself, nor would I recommend it to someone who wouldn't like 3. The first game would be the only thing to consider for this collection then, and to me it wouldn't seem like a good buy.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 2:23:26 PM PST
D'oh typo. Never played 3. HATED 2. I wanted to know if the collection was worth it for 3. Stupid numbers.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 2:37:02 PM PST
Aku says:
It looks pretty stupid. The other DMC games also had a cheesy look but they seemed self-aware to the point that it was okay. This new one has eighth-grade-fanfiction vibes everywhere and is taking itself way too seriously. And from what I remember of playing the originals, the demo of the new one definitely felt off somehow. Too forgiving, maybe.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 2:50:47 PM PST
new Tron says:
I'd say its worth it for 3. I'm sure 3 will continue to be a better game than even the new one coming in a couple weeks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 2:53:59 PM PST
Benpachi says:
That's pretty much what I thought of it. The boss fight with the whole "F you!" "No, F you!" "NO! F YOU!!!" dialogue was just unbearable. I also felt like I was watching something George Lucas wrote when Dante and the girl were talking.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 8:49:07 PM PST
Scratchy says:
I badly want to get the DMC hd collection but i'm afraid my fond memories of DMC3 will be tarnished if I play it and it doesn't feel like the same game I played to death all those years ago. I was spared having to play DMC2 to the end mainly because of a deuche nozzle breaking into my apt and stealing my ps2 which had DMC2 in it at the time. Would like to finish it just for completions sake.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions