Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wii U game I play the least?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 4:40:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 4:43:30 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
ZombiU

Not taking a shot against the game, but I seem to be playing games specifically on the game pad vs the traditional way of controller + TV, and ZombiU needs both the TV and the game pad. I just got Batman on Monday, and I've put more hours into that than ZombiU which I've had since launch.

The only downside to Batman is that you have to enter Game Pad mode every single time the game is booted up; where as, games like AC3, NSMBU, Darksiders 2, etc. either a.) recognize that the TV is not on/not on the right INPUT mode, or b.) save the preferences with the save game and load the game specifically on the Game Pad when starting up.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 4:42:31 AM PST
I thought Batman used the gamepad as an inventory management?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:44:55 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Nearly every game has Game Pad specific uses (including Batman and AC3); however, in Batman's case, IGN reported that the inventory management was silly and obtuse in Batman's case and that it wasn't a good use of the Game Pad making the choice of whether or not to play totally on the game pad and easy decision for me.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 4:45:28 AM PST
What an interesting thread! Oh look, a squirrel!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 4:46:03 AM PST
Oh i see... I didn't know that. I already had the game on my PS3 so I chose not to buy it again hehe.

If I may ask why was it silly?

Thanks for the info.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 4:48:04 AM PST
Aku says:
I was tempted to try Batman out again, but then it looked like Catwoman's outfit was made 100% less appealing. Is the original an option or am I stuck with that shiny cleavage-less crap?

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 4:51:50 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
So you are playing games you could've played on the last 2 consoles you owned? Kewl.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:52:34 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I think they said it wasn't intuitive or something. I don't remember exactly why they found it not appealing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:54:34 AM PST
Oh I see. Well I have high hopes for the future use of the gamepad as an add-on to games, not just a streaming device. It worked quite well with Zelda OOT on the 3ds, far better than I expected.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:45:43 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Outside NSBM-U and Nintendoland I haven't played any U games. I am thinking about getting ACIII. According to my U Log, I have put 8.5 hours into NSMB-U and 1.5 hours into Nintendoland. On a side note, Mass Effect on the 360, I can import my character from game to game right? So if I own MS 1 and 2 on the 360, it makes sense to get MS 3 on the 360? Thanks in advance. :)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:12:39 AM PST
FOGE says:
Mine would be Nintendoland. Nothing against the game since I havent even played it yet. Its just that everytime I boot up my Wii U I want to play Mario. Really enjoying that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:18:28 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Nintendoland is terrible for single player and horrible with 2 player. It is meant for at least 4 player, if not 5, IMHO. :)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:23:12 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Anyone know what the Gamestop trade in credit is for Nintendo Land?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:24:30 AM PST
FOGE says:
yeah, thats what I figured. Not sure when Ill get to play it coop. I ll probably check out a couple things SP in the next couple days. All my gaming friends are back in Illinois.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:29:52 AM PST
I cared not for Nintendo Land, i bought the deluxe edition for everything else it came with. and I like the Black color more, goes well with my other systems, TV, and such. And the increased HDD and Charge Stand (Love that thing)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:50:12 AM PST
klopas says:
All of them except for NSMBU.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:52:26 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I hate the glossy black finish on the game pad. It's a smudge/fingerprint/streak magnet. I can't keep it clean, but it bothers me and I think it looks dirty when it has streaks. I guess I need to start playing wearing a pair of white gloves.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:54:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 6:54:52 AM PST
klopas says:
It's a conspiracy perpetrated by microfiber cloth companies so that you'll always need something to wipe your electronics down with. I've always wanted matte finished gadgets, but they're always glossy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:55:15 AM PST
Welcome to the world of "glossy finishes"

You want to know one of the 2 reasons I got a 3DS XL is? Matte finish. no gloss.

I agree with you completely, The Vita, The Wii U Game Pad, the old PS3s, the new Xbox 360s, 3DSs... ugh so what if it's shiny, you can seeee the fingerprints... and you don't even have to touch it! you just have to place it NEAR something with a fingerprint on it.. somehow it gains that print.

The only slight advantage that this has over the others, is you aren't (in general) Constantly looking at the gamepad unless your using that as your main display, I haven't yet... but I still see the prints. The back has a nice matte finish... WHY NOT THE FRONT!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:14:27 AM PST
John McClane says:
I play all the games on my tv, I've played NSMBU on my tv once, otherwise I play it using the gamepad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:15:07 AM PST
I prefer it on the TV, but it is a lot of fun in boost mode.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:27:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 9:28:50 AM PST
Mine is New Super Mario Bros WiiU since I just got it on Sunday and haven't even PLAYED IT YET because I'm waiting until my wife and I are both free, which never seems to happen. On the flipside I probably have a million hours in Nintendo Land (specifically the Octopus game) but I finally starred it last night so I'll never play it again since it's the bane of my existence.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:29:27 AM PST
I hate the Octopus game I feel like I'm hitting the notes perfectly and it keeps giving me okays. I want to shoot the stupid Octopus with Metroids blaster. I love the Link archery game and Pikmin.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:30:57 AM PST
FOGE says:
So... are you enjoying Nintendo Land by yourself? Ive been waiting to try it when I have buds around, though thats not too common at my apt. Youre going to love NSMBU. Im really enjoying it so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:33:01 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
So your playing the Wii U like it was a portable...why again are ports of console games to portables bad ideas?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions