Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Too bad Halo 4 is so awesome...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 98 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:23:12 PM PST
I just beat it on Heroic.

Next up is Legendary, though I'm not sure if I want to take a break from shooters for awhile, and get Dishonored (I got it used from GameStop, played it for a few days, then took it back), or get Black Ops 2 (which I just started a new thread about).

Or continue DNF on the hardest level that I started, before starting Halo 4.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 6:38:07 AM PST
pyroguy says:
oh yeah, i had read something not too long ago about the Scorchers being cut from the released version of the game (although you still engage their vehicles during the Vehicle Combat side-quests when entering their territory). Maybe the players could possibly visit the town of Gun Barrel and meet up with Dan Hagar again (since it's said he left for that town in the released game)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 6:03:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 6:03:53 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
Apparently it's called the scorchers

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/29/rage-the-scorchers-dlc-revealed-by-trophy-list

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 5:37:12 AM PST
pyroguy says:
another DLC for "Rage"? That's news to me!!!

Did they say what this DLC is all about (i'm only aware of the "Wasteland Sewers" missions as the DLC)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:40:59 PM PST
M@sterCh1ef says:
You sure are whiny.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:22:25 PM PST
Joshua C says:
Depends on the series, but sometimes, yes, there are. Just look at the changes from RE3-RE4, FF10-FF12, MegaMan-MegaMan 2, Street Fighter 3-SF4, Halo-Halo 2, Assassin's Creed-AC2, Darksiders-Darksiders 2, and a plethora of others.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:17:58 PM PST
Because there are massive differences between any game in a series.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 2:28:26 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I'm looking forward to the rage dlc that's upcoming. Id sure takes their time with stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 2:16:58 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
maybe killzone 3, but Uncharted 3 is a 92 (higher than Halo 4) not exactly low. and the 4 hour part was said by someone here that was telling his impression of Halo 4 when he played it, not from an article. how am I "super butthurt" not able to play it? I stopped buying Halo games after Halo 2, cause I watched the videos of Halo 3 and 4, both of them looked pretty much the same with very little change, just as the reviews of the game from people said here on Amazon who gave them 1 star.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:41:30 PM PST
pyroguy says:
exactly!!!

Plus, speedrunning just isn't my thing, and this was probably one of the reasons why "AvP 2010" bashed on by fans, since there's some parts on the Predator campaign that you can just blow past rather easily. So this is why i'd rather take my time to enjoy a game and explore my surroundings (especially helpful when looking for secrets [which the guys at IDSoftware are known for to put in their games]) and see which weapons work best in which situations.

Not to mention, backtracking through previously explored areas to pick up extra stuff (or stuff missed from a previous visit) also adds time to the gameplay.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:33:39 PM PST
FOGE says:
Actually now that you mention it, I can see where it would take some time. I just was never hooked by the game and rushed through it. Beat it in about 8 hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:30:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 12:31:50 PM PST
pyroguy says:
Lol, not exactly. I had completed all of the races (some of them I had to keep restarting, as I was going for the "Rage Cup" and the "Obsessive Compulsive" achievements at the time), exploring areas for various plant life (and even going back there after every mission, as they often re-spawn), did several rounds of Mutant Bash-TV for extra cash, blew up bandit vehicles for extra cash/race certificates while exploring, did all of the side-quests (that includes the "Job Board" and "Wasteland Sewer" missions as well) on top of the main story missions. Also looked around for hidden goodies (like those Feltrite Crystals)

I basically took my time to explore my surroundings and played carefully gaining alot of stealth kills, since I studied various gameplay videos on YouTube before I actually bought the game and alot of the players kept screwing up and got themselves killed by rushing into fights ill-prepared.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:20:52 PM PST
Graves take forever to dig, it's a lot easier in the desert but then the vultures find it easily. . . I mean, I don't know anything about this subject.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 12:20:00 PM PST
FOGE says:
How did Rage take you 20 hours?! Did you dig a virtual grave for every guy you killed?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:58:07 AM PST
pyroguy says:
hell dude, they say "Rage" was pretty short and it took me over 20+ hours to beat it (and that was just on Normal, can't imagine how it'll be on Hard and Nightmare)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:55:17 AM PST
pyroguy says:
well I don't own "Halo 4", let alone an XBox360, so i'm not really sure. But as far as taking out vehicles goes, unless you use it to shoot out the tires to disable, i'd highly recommend using any type of explosive weapon (grenade/rocket launcher) or the Spartan Laser (like the same one from "Halo Reach")

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:02:54 AM PST
I think you've been pegged as Sony Fanthing Lite.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:59:55 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
I tried to stay away from most things halo 4, perhaps that would have made it better, who knows, I just think it could have been better but apparently that offends people around here.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:57:24 AM PST
I've found that anticipation kills the games for me. I need to stop paying attention and just be surprised when games I want come out. "What's this? Half-life 3? I guess I could try this out."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:57:19 AM PST
I'm sure the prices between a HDD and 720 will be comparable.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:56:37 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
Again 5 and half hours. Man the xbots are out in force today.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:55:26 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
My posting history? I've posted in multiple threads that halo4 was easily my most anticipated game this year. Am I not allowed to be disappointed with it? My Gamertag is PICK 34 on Xbox live in case you don't believe me feel free to look up how far I progressed in halo 4 if you'd like. I even went full out and smart glassed while playing, that should get your Xbot hormones raging. I beat the game on normal and unlike most halos before it have no inclination to back through for a legendary run.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:48:21 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
Lol. I died quite a bit so...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:34:00 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
LMAO, ok buddy.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 8:32:47 AM PST
Who cares who you were talking too, you still said it.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  98
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions