Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

AC3 kills

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 315 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:02:48 PM PST
C.W. says:
You'll get the same you saw on the trailers if you keep playing. The naval battles are awesome and the world is amazing. You just have to get past the Haytham part.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 2:17:27 PM PST
aTooL says:
Rented it yesterday and played it for around 2 hours last night. Total snooze!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:46:00 PM PST
I didn't get to the open world part, I was about 4-5 hours in. Haythom is a total bore and I was greatly displeased about the game.

I will pick it up on a UBI soft sale on Steam next summer for cheap.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:18:43 PM PST
Yung says:
That sucks...the action really picks up, JJ. There's this mission where you have to avoid getting hit as Connor runs through a battlefield...reminded of the Patriot movie lol

I am really enjoying the combat, kind of like Batman AC, with amazing combos.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:19:53 PM PST
Scratchy says:
Sequence 2 requires you to do all constraints in one playthrough. I was being careful to do everything perfect and at the end of sequence 2 one of my helpers went ahead and kilt the target before i could and ended up screwing up that perfect sequence i was working on. Retried that mission and still did not change the % so i'm assuming it has to be done from the beginning of the sequence all the way to the end.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:38:10 PM PST
C.W. says:
Nah. I went back and did that one over I think. Didn't take long at all. I would check an online walkthrough just for that segment. There's gotta be something you're missing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:38:57 PM PST
C.W. says:
Yeah. What Yung said. Shame to hear so many people giving up on this game just because of a slow start. It gets way better and quickly once you get past Haytham.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:45:13 PM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
Indeed. I completely agree that it starts slow. Doesn't aim to impress early on with an epic setpiece or anything. I was still enjoying it, but it really picked up when I got to Connor as a teen.

I'm at sequence 7, having a blast with this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 4:17:47 PM PST
Yung says:
Same here. I can't wait to complete Sequence 8...I read in the Ubisoft website that you can start the Benedict Arnold missions after completing Sequence 8...well that's for the ps3 users

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 4:42:59 PM PST
C.W. says:
Ditto. There's so much more to do in this one. I'm halfway through with the main story and I haven't even touched most of the naval battles or other stuff. They totally nailed the frigate controls too. Feels like I'm really driving a giant wooden ship! Awesomeness.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 5:03:24 PM PST
Scratchy says:
I'll try it over but i did everything right and still didn't register me killing that guy even if i stabbed him. Maybe i have to shoot him instead of stab him for it to count.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 5:10:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 5:10:56 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
I am loving the game so far. Just finished the Paul Revere midnight ride sequence. I love the navel battles, I love the assasins guild quests, love the hunting.

Can't wait until the war starts and I get to the large battles.

Best AC game yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 6:33:20 PM PST
Games will have a boring 30 minute to 1 hour trial so it tells you to play the game. This went on for almost 5 hours.

Like I said, I understand the 5 star ratings and the praise - it's a great game. But the first few hours killed it for me.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 7:16:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 7:16:42 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Man am I excited to finally get back to this game tomorrow after 4 days away.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:17:44 PM PST
C.W. says:
Damn. Too long man! How far did you get when you first started playing?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:31:44 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Training with Achilles.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:38:38 PM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
Totally, dude! I knew the naval battles looked cool, but they're a real treat to play. They're not overly arcadey, but simple enough that you're not bogged down by the complexity of controls. Strikes a nice balance, IMO. I do them all almost immediately. And I'm glad I went the Best Buy pre-order route since I got a few extra naval missions that way - had no idea that's what those bonus missions were.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:57:48 PM PST
C.W. says:
Nice! The best is yet to come.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:59:09 PM PST
C.W. says:
My feelings as well. Very nice. I have been holding off on playing them, but I might just have to dig in. Way to score on the per-order too!

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:30:55 PM PST
Spudkitty says:
Guys, I need help. Been striving for 100% completion, but Braddocks Expedition (end of sequence 3) is pure frustration. I'm trying to shoot the three explosive carts. I get the first one fine, but after that I can't get my pistol to reload. I'm playing on X360, so I've tried hitting 'y', hitting 'rb', but nothing happens. I cannot get that pistol to load. Does anyone have any suggestions? :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:34:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 9:34:44 PM PST
Scratchy says:
Need to find the semiautomatic musket. The one that doesn't require you to pack it with bullets and gunpowder.

Speaking of.. who thought a musket would be a good idea in AC when as early as AC2 we had that mini gun that loaded way faster.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:12:43 AM PST
I'm in Sequence 10. I like it so far but I do agree the first few sequences were slow and boring. It picked up around sequence 6.
I've been having fun doing side quests, hunting and playing games with the locals. The Naval battles are fun too.

I still think ACII is the better game though.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:27:50 AM PST
Marvelous says:
While I will agree that the game is moving at an extremely slow pace, this has to be one of the most intriguing stories I've ever played on a video game. Not only that, but the graphics and voice acting is top notch - you can definitely tell alot of time and effort was put into this game.

I only have a very minor, tiny, almost not important gripe... Why does Desmond look so much different? It's almost it's a new character entirely.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:29:46 AM PST
FOGE says:
Im on Sequence 6 and loving this game. I think some people were expecting a Call of DUty level of action for some reason. Nothing wrong with a slow start. Some people need to take a ritalin to enjoy these great games.

I honestly loved Haythem and playing as him. Thought he was a really interesting character. Yeah it starts slow but it was always interesting to me. It def picks up around Sequence 4 or 5 when you play as Conner. Once the Revolution starts to take place the game gets much more interesting and fast paced. And the naval battles are epic. Great game. I love reading about the history too. Though at times, I get overwhelmed by all the info.

My final advice: Do not give up until you play through the Boston Massacre.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:31:10 AM PST
FOGE says:
Im bummed Desmond looks so different too. Plus hes a little bee-yotch now. So whiny. Why do I have to save the world?! I just wanna go back to being a lame bartender. - Cus you and everyone else will die you dumb***!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  315
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions