Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Does the ps3 have any multiplayer games that compete with Halo4?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 91 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:39:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 1:40:23 PM PST
" M. says:
If I was a ps3 owner I guess I would be a little upset that I don't have any really great multiplayer games to play but that's just me."

If you were any type of game console owner people would take you seriously.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:40:06 PM PST
Iso says:
Ha!

So I take it you are a top ranked player then, along with me? Why aren't we competiting and winning thousands of dollars?

Are you telling me you are an expert in CoD?

See how rediculous what you said is?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:41:11 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
I got national first place on Shyguy Beach!!!!....er, never mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:47:55 PM PST
M. says:
A bunch of ps3 fans agreed with a ps3 fanboy? Color me shocked.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:03:12 PM PST
metacritic, gamerankings, ign, cnet, lensoftruth, digitalfoundry, vgchartz, destructoid, the interactive achievement awards website, kotaku, popular science magazine, gadget review, and technobuffalo take both the 360 and the PS3 into consideration. It's not the fault of the general gaming community if their opinion makes you butthurt.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:04:24 PM PST
Can you factually claim that CoD takes more skill than Battlefield, Killzone, Halo, Gears of War, or Uncharted?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:04:38 PM PST
JWK says:
Yeah, I don't know why more people don't agree with you. You're obviously objective and very intelligent.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 2:17:28 PM PST
Kr155 says:
Really? were back to this? if you cant find a good competative multiplayer game on ps3 at this point your pretty much blind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:39:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 2:41:18 PM PST
Iso says:
You or I cannot honestly make that claim.

Same thing with comparing a sport, there are different skills required. You consider CoD the same way as the US considers soccer, with almost complete disregard for the skills required.

Honestly, I find all of those mentioned require a largely lesser amount of skill than Starcraft 2 or League of Legends. Do I think my opinion is necessarily correct? No.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:51:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 2:52:12 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
MAG, Killzone 3, Dust 514 and a few others that i can't remember the names of at this time.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 2:53:03 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I will put my useless two cents in:

Multiplayer is overrated. SP is where it is at and couch co-op is a tasty little bonus.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:57:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 2:57:21 PM PST
M. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 2:59:20 PM PST
Netolic says:
twisted metal

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:05:04 PM PST
JWK says:
If Microsoft "spanked" Sony this gen by outselling it by approximately 2 million units, what would be a good analogy for what Nintendo did to Microsoft this generation for outselling it by 30 million units? Cut of its legs, burned down its house, and shit on its face?

The hyperbole of our trolls is astounding.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:06:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 3:11:27 PM PST
So why is the PS3 getting more exclusive content and features out of multiplat releases? The PS3 has the more critically acclaimed library, and that library is comprised of both single player and multiplayer experiences, and many publications out there have been questioning Gold's "value" when compared to PSN +. Sony underestimated online functionality last gen, but certainly not this time. They give gamers what they want, which is gaming content, not even crappier web browsers, interactive ads, a useless online multiplayer distraction like cross game voice party chat, and taking away content like social networking apps (which were usless in the first place) and inside Xbox programming

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:11:15 PM PST
Iso says:
If you are looking at only units, you are correct.

If you are looking at actual profits, Microsoft came out really well in comparison.

If you are looking at games and new/interesting IPs, I think that Sony actually came out on top.

All about perspective.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:50:51 PM PST
JWK says:
Good points. Honestly, I have no dog in the fanboy race of which multi-million/billion dollar corporation is beating who. I own a PS3, 360, and Wii and have loved the system and games for all three. I've just never understood how one company making more of a profit or selling more units should affect my experience as a gamer. If anything, your last example of who had the best/most interesting games is the only thing we should be interested in.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:02:24 PM PST
John McClane says:
MS is focusing on next gen, Sony is trying to salvage what's left of the PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:02:56 PM PST
excuses excuses

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:14:47 PM PST
M. says:
You don't think you should take into account the fact that Microsoft barely had a following last gen and Sony was the leader?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:25:11 PM PST
Nintendo went through the same thing with the N64, so what's your point?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 5:28:59 PM PST
Just popping in to see what the dirty console peasants are talking about.
"Poor mans gaming" is always fun to observe.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:34:54 PM PST
JWK says:
Microsoft sold more XBoxes than Nintendo sold Gamecubes. So why did the Wii take a shit on the 360's face???

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:26:48 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Will someone give a Sonymite an good exclusive with decent lasting appeal already ? Man they get the curious case of the hatter when they are not having any fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:32:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 6:35:48 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Gross. What would you call what Nintendo did to Sony this gen? Homeland competitors...trading places and all...Sodomy? Bestiality? Bukkake?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions