Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

*SPOILERS* Dark Souls Community Help Discussion. Do not enter if you want to play blind!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 5, 2011 8:35:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 7:54:37 AM PST
I read that the devs purposefully created Dark Souls with the mindset that you'll need to work as a community to complete certain objectives and find certain items. That said, I think this would be a nice place to post items that are considered spoilers by most people.

I'll edit in additions from people in this discussion as well.

So, here are a few that I REALLY recommend:

-Start with a Master Key!

-Get Astora's sword and the shield next to it from the purple drake in Valley of the Drakes, opened with the master key as SOON as you get to the shrine. It's 80/0/0/80 damage and scales on str, dex, and faith. The shield has 100% physical reduc and some flame resist.

-Get a bow and 50ish arrows and shoot the red dragon's tail from under the bridge to get the Drake's Sword, a 200/0/0/0 sword with 16 str req. Good starting sword as well. Takes about 30 shots.

-Curl up in a ball in the crow's nest to be teleported between the asylum and the shrine.

-There's an easy to reach blacksmith in Londo Ruins by the water, close to the archways.

-Always use your boots of steel to protect against the lava!

-The cemetary by the shrine has a winged spear guarded by a giant skeleton. Grab the spear and run like the wind!

-Joining the Covenant of the White at the shrine is rumored to make it easier to join games of other Covenant of the White players somehow.

-Demon's Great Hammer can be gained by killing the Asylum Demon during your first encounter with him.

-Orange Soapstone is used to write messages. 100 souls each from a vendor.

-White Soapstone is used to join as a white phantom

-Souls AND humanity are lost when you die.

-From said the most important gift is the pendant. EDIT: And they trolled us! This is a lie.

-Give the Fire Keeper's Soul to the woman at Firelink Shrine to increase your Estus Flask healing amount. Rumored up to +7.

SUMMONING RULES:
http://support.namcobandaigames.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=247

Due to several contacts we've received from users confused as to how the summoning feature works in game, we have provided this list to help.

Conditions for summoning (White Sign Soapstone):

The host (person who's game world will be used) must be human. The client (person joining the game) can either be human or undead.

The client's level must fall within 10% (above or below) of the host's level. Generally, this example formula should give you a good idea on whether you will be able to join: (LC x 1.1) ≥ LH ≥ (LC x 0.9), where is LC the level of the client and LH is the level of the host. For example, if the level of the host is 20, then they will only be able to summon players who are levels 18 to 22.

The area boss (Taurus Demon, Bell Gargoyles, Moonlight Butterfly, etc...) in the host's world must still be alive. A client can still be summoned even if the client has already defeated their own area boss.

The host must not have placed down a summoning sign. Summoning signs from other players will not appear in a host's world if the host also has placed a summoning sign down. This is to prevent a network conflict of the host joining someone else's game world while the clients are trying to join the host's game world.

After successfully summoning, the client will return to their world if the area boss is defeated, the client is killed or the host is killed.
Also, please note that there are several different servers/lobbies that are being used for Dark Souls, so you may not be able to summon a specific friend into your game even if you adhere to the steps above. We can only recommend that you follow the steps above for the best chance at being able to join a specific friends' game.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 8:37:14 AM PDT
jtshiel says:
Always use your boots of steel to protect against the lava!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:40:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2011 8:42:34 AM PDT
I want that sword. But I also refuse to use anything other than melee. No way to get the sword without shooting his tail?

EDIT: Also, any way to make it back to the Asylum by doing the same on the Shrine side?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:43:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2011 8:43:11 AM PDT
Nope, his tail moves back and forth slightly over a cliff. You have to at least get the shortbow from the vendor in that area and some wooden arrows.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:44:08 AM PDT
yes it goes both ways. Curl up in a ball in the nest. It's over the shrine area with the water. Just watch out for those GIANT skeletons if you wander too far in the cemetary. I ran as fast as I could, he slipped off the cliff (luckily) and I got 500 souls. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:49:34 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:24:03 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:50:57 AM PDT
I abide by a simple principle in Demons Souls and Dark Souls.

If the sword is larger than your character, run the other way unless there are no other options.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 8:54:09 AM PDT
jSten says:
What does "curl up in a ball" mean?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:55:40 AM PDT
I'm assuming it's some kind of gesture reference. It might be a gesture found further along in the game?

You get new gestures when you join covenants, and there are 9 I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:56:42 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:58:44 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:59:31 AM PDT
Hold X, then move the sixaxis in the gesture motion you want to do. You can change the motions for each gesture in the gesture menu. So, holding X and waving will make your character wave.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 9:01:47 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 9:02:31 AM PDT
Correct.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 9:10:08 AM PDT
Have any of you found the item to create and rate messages? I got invade other worlds, banish, and offer to join other worlds, but i feel like i must have over looked the message one early on.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 9:11:34 AM PDT

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 9:14:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2011 9:15:52 AM PDT
jSten says:
I think the message writing item is the orange (something) sold by the vendor everyone keeps killing in the other topic.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 9:15:18 AM PDT
Another to add to your list:

Demon's Great Hammer
The Hammer wielded by the Asylum Demon. You will get it when you defeat Asylum Demon without running away.
Attack Power: 260/0/0/0
Damage Reduction Rate:
Requirements/Multipliers: 46/0/0/0 B/-/-/-
Durability: 600
Weight: 22.0

Looks like I am starting over.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 9:15:49 AM PDT
Orange stone thing. I saw a vender has one for sale.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 9:16:05 AM PDT
Him says:
The vendor in Undead Burg sells the orange thing for 1000 souls (I think that's the cost).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 9:16:56 AM PDT
Him says:
How would you even pick up that hammer? It's twice the size of your character.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 9:18:47 AM PDT
With great difficulty

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 9:20:12 AM PDT
I don't know, but I do want it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 9:21:38 AM PDT
mega Tron says:
I imagine its an item that you won't be able to use until much later once your strength is significantly higher.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 9:21:51 AM PDT
http://n4g.com/news/clickout/858408

I'll leave this here. ;)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 113 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  79
Total posts:  2812
Initial post:  Oct 5, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 9, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions