Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Navy Seals disciplined for role in Medal of Honor video games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2012 7:28:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 7:28:50 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
One Navy Seal who took part in the raid on Osama bin Laden is among seven US special operations soldiers who face punishment for disclosing classified information to a video game maker.

The Seven Navy Seals have been disciplined for their work as paid consultants on the video game Medal of Honor: Warfighter, senior navy officials said.
The seven members of SEAL Team Six, one of whom was involved in the raid which killed Osama bin Laden, spent two days working on the video game this spring and summer.
They have been disciplined for failing to notify their command about the consultation work and for showing the game designers some of the specially designed combat equipment unique to the unit, the Associated Press reported.
As punishment, each received a letter of reprimand and a two-month reduction in pay.
A further four Seals are under investigation for similar alleged violations.

RELATED ARTICLES
E3 2012: Medal of Honor Warfighter multiplayer preview 12 Jun 2012
The game portrays realistic missions and has been developed with the input of real commandos, but it does not feature a recreation of the Bin Laden raid.
The deputy commander of naval special warfare command, Rear Admiral Garry Bonelli, told AP: "We do not tolerate deviations from the policies that govern who we are and what we do as sailors in the United States Navy."
He added that the punishments "send a clear message throughout our force that we are and will be held to a high standard of accountability."
The action follows a year in which the US Navy Seals have been especially visible in the news.
Matt Bissonnette, who was in the May 2011 Pakistan raid that resulted in the killing of Osama Bin Laden, wrote a first-hand account under the pseudonym Mark Owen.
The Pentagon argue that the book violates the non-disclosure agreements he signed as a Seal - a charge he disputes.
Bissonnette was criticised by the head of naval special warfare command Rear Admiral Sean Pybus, who told his force that "hawking details about a mission" and making money from distributing information about Seal training and operations put the force and their families at risk.
All Seals must sign non-disclosure agreements when they enter service and when they leave.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:31:48 AM PST
Third post iv seen of this(one being mine)

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 7:35:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 7:35:23 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
What, do you want a cookie?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:39:39 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Ok I was ninja'd but you don't own the article. So you can take that I stole a post attitude and shove it, chump.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:40:22 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
This guy is a tool and told me I was stealing peoples post.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:43:12 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Yeah, I've seen his past stuff. He's a doucher, I know.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 8:25:01 AM PST
Yung says:
Lol wow some people don't take getting ninja'd well

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 8:43:17 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
I could careless if I get ninja'd. I'm just trying to post news on Saturday which are always slow on the VGF. Broncos+Cubs accused me of stealing a post in another thread and feels the need to follow me to other threads now. If everyone acted like this guy does on the VGF we would never get new posters.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:49:48 AM PST
Anthony says:
and now i know why i have him on ignore.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:57:33 AM PST
Mad respect to the SEALS and all, but lately they really seem to have trouble with the whole "national security" thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:58:28 AM PST
Lol I don't follow you, I look at the title of post and I see the exact title that I used yesterday so I looked and what a shock it's you again, stealing my second post. So you should stop following me and stealing my thunder and get your own swag bro.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 11:14:24 AM PST
umad bro? Have a coke and a smile.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 11:21:38 AM PST
If I'm mad why did I put lol? How many mad people lol? I'm not mad bro, not mad at fricken all!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 11:41:25 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
You're not? Not at all? All those exclamation points say otherwise. It's okay, just admit that you're angry. Then the healing can begin.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 11:59:30 AM PST
Ha how can't you tell I put those out of sarcasm!?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 12:02:07 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
You're in a safe environment. No one will judge you. We just want to see you healed and we can't do that until you just admit that you have a problem. C'mon, little buddy. You're among friends.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 12:09:38 PM PST
Or among anonymous people on the interweb who circle posters like vultures, looking for a sign of weakness. I guess that could be synonymous with friends.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 12:11:30 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
All we can do is circle him slowly on the updrafts and show him the door. He has to open it.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 12:23:04 PM PST
"You're in a safe environment. No one will judge you."

I won't judge you, but I assure you that you're not safe :)

<sounds of scraping instruments>

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 12:25:52 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
The smiley face really adds to the creepiness of the statement. Hah.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 12:28:24 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 10, 2012 12:28:39 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:00:15 PM PST
OPSEC, you goddamned sellouts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 1:02:39 PM PST
Heh, you "stole" his post that was a C&P of a website's article.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 1:04:34 PM PST
Anthony says:
as opposed to when Obama did it for good PR?

both the SEALS and Obama when he did it were wrong to do it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 1:10:52 PM PST
Obama, as the C-in-C, has every right to decide what is and is not classified. The SEALS, however, do not.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions