Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PS3 Exclusive `Beyond: Two Souls' Slated for Release April 5, 2013

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 13, 2013 4:09:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 13, 2013 4:10:58 PM PST
Waldo says:
Online retailer Zavvi just updated its listing for Beyond: Two Souls, and revealed that the game will be released on April 5 this year. The game carries a price tag of £37.98.

The release date makes some sense because of two reasons: First, the date falls on a Friday. Second, Sony Computer Entertainment has at least one exclusive title released each month until June, and there's only Deadly Premonition for April.

Plot and Features

Developed by Quantic Dreams, Beyond: Two Souls is an upcoming psychological, spiritual and thriller video game for the PlayStation 3. It revolves around the question "What happens after death?"

It allows players to take on the role of Jodie Holmes, and explore 15 years of her life that starts when she was 8 years old. The story of her life is about a journey of discovering the true meaning of entity, Idan. Aside from that, the game features the following:

*Delve into a gripping and unpredictable action thriller starring Hollywood actress Ellen Page.

*Live the life of Jodie Holmes, a young woman who possesses supernatural powers through her psychic link with an invisible entity.

*Take full control of Jodie as well as the mysterious entity in spectacular action and adventure sequences.
Experience cutting-edge technology from Quantic Dreams in one of the best-looking games ever seen on PlayStation 3.

http://amog.com/tech/gaming/156120-souls-slated-release/

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 4:12:28 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
If true, this lessens the pain of waiting another month for The Last of Us. Can't wait for Beyond.

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 4:13:02 PM PST
JWK says:
One exclusive (TLoU) gets pushed back, but another pops up to take its place. Nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 4:18:35 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Whoa! Nice. Didn't expect that to be out so soon. This very well may be another day-one.

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 4:38:55 PM PST
Zak Iarih says:
Need to see gameplay

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 4:41:21 PM PST
1#Pen Name says:
Didn't know quantic dream games had gameplay.

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 4:44:27 PM PST
Waldo says:
Was wondering when the trolls would wake up!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 4:56:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 13, 2013 4:57:07 PM PST
new Tron says:
They show up because you write "PS3 Exclusive" in your thread title. Who cares if it's a PS3 exclusive? The thread title would have been just fine without that little dose of fanboyism.

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 4:57:42 PM PST
I'm hoping this isn't another interactive movie.

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 5:01:22 PM PST
Waldo says:
@ Vol Tron

Not everyone knows of even heard of Beyond: Two Souls is why I added that PS3 exclusive part. Has nothing to do with fanboyism, which I don't partake in, since I like certain games from all 3 consoles. Shocking isn't it? So STFU if you don't like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 5:08:12 PM PST
Can we get a 2nd source?

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 5:09:34 PM PST
Waldo says:
That's the only one so far, came off my Beyond: Two Souls FaceBook news feed, so I'm assuming it has some merit to it.

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 5:13:31 PM PST
Waldo says:
Here's another story I found on them, short, but sweet:

Beyond: Two Souls is in beta, release date announce incoming

Beyond: Two Souls writer David Cage has confirmed that Quantic Dreams' incoming title is in beta and that a release date will be announced soon.

Speaking with IGN, Cage said just that, "Beyond is almost in beta. It will come out this year and the release date will be announced soon."

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/07/beyond-two-souls-is-in-beta-release-date-announce-incoming/

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 5:14:19 PM PST
"It revolves around the question "What happens after death?""

Pshh...that's easy: "Where do bad folks go when they die
They don't go to Heaven where the angels fly
They go to a lake of fire and fry
Won't see em again 'til the Fourth of July"

The Meat Puppets had all the answers

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 5:15:58 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
Wow, I didn't think this game was going to come out so soon. I definitely can't wait to play it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 5:17:26 PM PST
I. Flores says:
What would be wrong if it was?

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 5:19:37 PM PST
Waldo says:
I kinda wish it had a summer release instead personally. More sales opportunity for them too I would think.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 5:22:33 PM PST
Less fun if it was(for me anyway).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 5:28:07 PM PST
Game sales in general drop off in the summer.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 5:31:19 PM PST
DVvM says:
Isn't that generally a self-fulfilling prophecy since very little releases in the summer?

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 7:21:27 PM PST
I also heard that Cage will get rid of QT Events. Interesting development...

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 2:03:24 AM PST
I'll be shocked if it's out this soon I'd say closer to summer (June maybe) at the absolute earliest.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 5:23:30 AM PST
Voice of god says:
So he'll take away the only gameplay his games ever have?

Well, at least you won't be able to argue that it's an interactive movie. It'll just be a movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 5:37:41 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Yeah....riggghhhht. End of the year at the earliest.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions