Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Samantha Gordon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2012 9:00:03 AM PST
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2012/11/08/sam-gordon-9-year-old-girl-is-already-a-football-star-video/

What do you guys think of this 9 year old girl dominating pee wee football? Should she allowed to play with the boys? I'm watching ESPN First Take and these guys were all against her playing. Stephen A was trying to argue that allowing women to play football will result in more men hitting women off the field, which i think it nonsense. Personally, I think this is cool especially at this age. Although I can't believe her stats are accurate, 1900 yards and 35 TDs? Either someone is lying or that league really sucks. Even if a boy had those numbers I'd be saying BS. Point is women have been oppressed for centuries, we still pay them less and most of society still questions their equality. Not allowing them to play football with boys is just another way to hold them down. If shes good enough to play then there's no reason she shouldn't be allowed to.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:03:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:08:38 AM PST
"Not allowing them to play football with boys is just another way to hold them down."

Professional baseball, soccer, and basketball are all co-ed....Right?

-.-

....Why not just focus on increasing the popularity of the WPFL?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:08:53 AM PST
not sure why this is news. there are girls that play in my son's pee wee football league.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:10:30 AM PST
jtshiel says:
There's also women that play ncaa football. They are mainly kickers though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:14:42 AM PST
is there a rule that says women can't play in the NFL MLB or MLS? lets be soccer should be co-ed lol I think technically women can play in the NFL, but none have been good enough.

Point is its not right to say, well shes a girl so she can't play with the boys.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:16:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:19:29 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Well the WPFL doesn't exist anymore, so that's one reason.

She could always play in the lingerie football league if that sticks around...

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:17:26 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Co-ed contact sports make sense up to a certain age. 9 is probably well within that age range.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:23:20 AM PST
TCB says:
I watched the highlight videos of her yesterday. Little girl is awesome. Super fast, breaks/bounces off tackles by keeping her feet moving and makes awesome cuts. Soulshine is right-on about co-ed football making sense up to a certain age.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 10:35:16 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Let her have her day in the sun. In a few more years she'll be making sandwiches and washing dishes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 10:44:28 AM PST
SMH says:
This. At 9 she is fine. By the time she is a teenager the guys will be much bigger than her, and football will become too dangerous for her to be playing.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 10:59:14 AM PST
The guys that don't want that girl to play are just butthurt that she embarrasses their little boys by being faster and smarter than them.
She's smaller than almost all of them but she doesn't hesitate to take or deliver a hit. She reads the defense and maneuvers herself into the open before she turns on the speed.
It's not enough that she's fast, she's also good at knowing how to keep moving and avoid getting tangled up. I've seen plenty of high school and college players who could learn from watching her highlight reel.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:15:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 1:45:20 PM PST
N. Gay says:
Nothing other than physics. Grown men on steroids can't make it in the NFL what makes you think a woman can.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:16:10 PM PST
G.I. Jane.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:16:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 12:16:30 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Now I just want to go watch Little Giants.

Go Icebox!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:18:04 PM PST
Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. Nick mangols sister played o line is high school

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:19:23 PM PST
She could be the next Percy Harvin, pound for pound the toughest player in the NFL.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:21:35 PM PST
Soulshine says:
"She plays football like a boy - you thinks she pees standing up?"
"Nah, man. When she's hot to trot she's still gotta squat."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions