Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Why do you people buy assassins creed every year?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 97 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 20, 2012 10:16:05 AM PDT
I don't get how people buy assassins creed every year. It's the same thing every single year. Same graphics and gameplay and just a few new weapons.
Everyone talks smack bout call of duty being the same every year but assassins creed changes even less.
I'm not trying to troll but it makes no sense how people troll on cod every day and not on assassins creed.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:16:34 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Because you touch yourself at night.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 10:17:55 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
I never saw Amazon delete an entire thread before. Kudos.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:18:11 AM PDT
I find Assassin's Creed has a pretty good story. And the games seem to be adding just enough new stuff to make it worthwhile. Still though, it's not for everyone, so if you don't like it, just don't buy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:20:00 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
I find Assassin's Creed adds more than CoD each sequel but that's my opinion.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 10:20:40 AM PDT
AssCreed Bro and Rev were too similar, admittedly. However 1, 2, Bro, and 3 are all very different titles. They have enough similarities to be considered sequels, of course.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:20:42 AM PDT
Mel says:
solid games

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:21:13 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I am enamored with the story of Assassins Creed. I enjoy the gameplay refinements each year and the new maps. Its a great game, but you dont have to like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:21:23 AM PDT
Mel says:
I skipped bro for rev, will I be ok?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:21:35 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Not as Solid as Metal Gear.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 10:22:44 AM PDT
EggNogJam says:
Because the games are friggin good.
NEXT QUESTION

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:23:26 AM PDT
Mel says:
took me a bit, but I caught on just in time

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 10:25:25 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Because they like it?

I assume the same reason people buy Madden or CoD every year.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:27:04 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
You assume wrong. People buy Madden because their "boyz" buy it and they want to be cool like their friends. People buy CoD because it's like a Fisher Price shooter, no skill and everyone can win. Plus it lets people live out their Rambo fantasies and there is literally no strategy or reason to work together. Oh, and let's not forget about the super-human perks. It's like Rambo meets Universal Soldier and no skill required.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:27:23 AM PDT
PacinoBully says:
If you really are asking for a true answer.

Story. COD has a 5-6 hr story while AC has dozens of hours (maybe hundreds if you also include getting all the hidden stuff). It is fun, there is acting going on, open world, flying, horses, upgrading, etc.

COD has a 5-6 hr game with twitchy online. You can slap a coat of paint on it all you want but it is mainly purchased for twitchy online play.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 10:27:25 AM PDT
Why do people buy groceries once a week...sheesh.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 10:29:02 AM PDT
Zen Kaizoku says:
As far as being in the same boat as COD --- nah stop right there, when Creed gets to the 9th entry in nine/ten years EXCLUDING offshoots on phones and such - Then you may have an argument. Aside from that AC actually has a story...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:29:06 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Exactly! Its like the same stuff every week. I go like once a month.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:29:44 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
I don't think the level of cynicism you live with day to day is good for your long term health.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:30:26 AM PDT
I was being sarcastic but yes. I try to spice it up every now and again..I got some NY Extra Sharp Cheddar this time around...just the kind of spice I need in my life.

-.-

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:30:51 AM PDT
PacinoBully says:
Why ask why? Try Bud dry.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 10:31:11 AM PDT
I don't really get AC... where's the assassin part? it should be more like Parkour creed..

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:31:29 AM PDT
Honestly...yeah. I liked Bro more, but that's only because I played Rev after it and got bored, lol. You should definitely read up on the story for Bro, though, because the stuff that happens with Desmond is a big cliffhanger. Honestly, everything that happens with Ezio, while cool and fun to play, is completely pointless with the exception of some Apple of Eden shenanigans.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:31:29 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Are you sure you can handle that kind of truth over regular Kraft Singles?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 10:31:48 AM PDT
Twitchy online? You must have bad connection. Cod at least keeps people entertained for months if not years, not 12 hours like assassins creed.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  97
Initial post:  Aug 20, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions